Bruce Willis's daughter plans name change

If it's been a nickname, why go through all the trouble of the expensive legalities of changing a name? Just tell people to start calling you Lula instead of Tallulah (which by the way I like alot better since it's original).

I agree. I think Tallulah is very unique and memorable for sure. There are some children who have names when they are younger and you KNOW they are going to have to do SOMETHING in the future..something of prominence in life.....good or bad!....LOL.
Yep..and Lula is probably already her nick...:shrugs:. I guess she hates it that much.

oh... that sucks! Would anyone ever change their name except for the traditional changing of last names due to marriage?

My parents named me something not wildly crazy but still my whole life every single time I meet someone I have had to correct them and have this huge ordeal about how to pronounce it. People at school couldn't spell it properly and some people, no matter how many times I correct them would never get it right and/or forget. Heh, or I'd get the excuse, "ohhh well my cousin/daughter's friend/baby mama whatever pronounces it THIS way". (*thinks to self: so freaking what, this is how my name is pronounced)

Plus, I was extremely shy as a child too and wanted to change my name SO badly but my parents were like no. For a period of time when I was a teenager and went through depression, I just stopped correcting people all together and fumed whenever they said my name wrong, feeling like I had no real identity.

As an adult, I am much more bold and confident and will MAKE people say it correctly, but I'm pleasant about it. It's amazing when I meet another girl like me at school or in a store who spells AND pronounces it like me and we instantly bond like it's a secret sisterhood or something. Now, I would never, ever change it, because it's part of who I am.

I think having to be assertive about my name helped make me be more confident and I do feel like a unique (in a good way) person. However, I absolutely wouldn't do this to my daughter. I think it's downright cruel to give kids in America weird names (if you want to be "creative" use it as a middle name!) and I don't blame anyone a bit for wanting to change them. Tallulah is probably the best name out of her sisters, but I fully support it if she wants to change it.

I had a tough time growing up in regards to my name. At the time, my name wasn't all that common.

I got questions on how to pronounce it and how to spell it. And I could forget about finding personalized things with my name. It always went from Catherine to Carla.

I could find Kathleen, but that's not my name. Caitlin is Gaelic for Kathleen, but again, I'm not called Kathleen.

By the time I got to college, I could name three or for people also named Caitlin.

I never thought of changing it, though.

I still have trouble when I'm ordering food and have to give my name. I got so many variations of it, I just went with Cat.

I use Cat or Cait when people either can't pronounce my name or constantly call me Christine.

My uncle still calls me Caitie, which I hated when I was younger, but it's something I've gotten used to.

I've changed my name and it's not an expensive or difficult process at least here in the state of Washington.

I don't blame her - I never liked the names of any of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis's children, always felt sorry for them when I heard what they were named.

I have given my girls extremely unusual names. Because they are so unusual and to some degree "ethnic," I will not be upset or offended if they want to change them someday. They are named Kaylana (Keilani) and Noelani, two beautiful Hawaiian names. The funny part is that we are not Hawaiian! We'll see how they end up liking them. Right now my 4-year-old just thinks her name is too long because she is learning to spell it - she just wants to be called "Kay." I think it's just laziness! :smile:

I think its a little extreme for her to change her name when probably everyone calls her Lula anyway? But I guess it's a personal thing! I used to hate the full version of my name, but now I think I've grown into it and am so glad I didn't change it

but at 13..she might not like it..

at 35 she may decide lula is abit young for her.. im supsrised her dad would let her go through the formalitlies of changing it..

Tallulah isn't a horrible name... but she's still so young, and may change her mind and grow to like her given name... I don't see the point in changing it right now.

If it's been a nickname, why go through all the trouble of the expensive legalities of changing a name? Just tell people to start calling you Lula instead of Tallulah (which by the way I like alot better since it's original).

Hee hee, I guess when your mums Demi Moore and your dads Bruce Willis, she isnt that worried about the legal expense :graucho: .

I wouldnt want to hurt my parents feelings to be honest, as naming a child is one of the most exciting parts of being pregnant, but she must really hate it if she wants to go to the extreme of legally doing it instead of just asking to be called it :yes:

I spent 5 years living in Hawaii and I love many Hawaiian names that are common there but not common on the mainland. I had a cat there that I named Noelani.

I think Hawaiian names are mostly beautiful. Peggy

I just thought of something BRILLIANT. I am going to go to LA and open a business for celebrity children who want to change there names. I will make MILLIONS!!!!

Apple, Rumour, Oregano, Scout, oh they will all me knocking on my door!!

:wlae: