Bridget Jones's Hermes Bag/Ex-Boyfriend/Married Friends & Singletons' Dilemma

if Bridget is wearing all black with black peep-toe Loubs, i think, a flirtatious 25 sellier rose shocking is going to totally shock the ex-BF and would want her back! j/k.

seriously, the 25 rose shocking kelly would lend a wonderful burst of color to the all-black outfit! :tup:

The fact that Bridget's very ex BF and new wife are going to be there is irrelevant. Bridget must look her best for herself.... croc all the way!

Dearest Bridget, you will look spectacular with whichever bag you choose. However, IMHO, the black box is too demure, the red chevre is a bit too obvious, the rose shocking is flirty and fun but nothing beat bleu roi croc!! That bag will make the ultimate statement and will look amazing with your black outfit. :heart:

Black box Kelly!! Screams elegance and class! (But if you don't want to go all black, then you can use nude colored pumps instead of the black peep toes)

My second choice would be the ficelle lizard birkin.

Please do show us modelling pics and let us know what you decide.

And above it all, no matter what you wear to the party, have lotsa fun!:smile:

Any of those bags would be wonderful, but the blue roi croc will speak the loudest. Have you thought about wearing a white or pale gray dress with the bleu roi? At parties like that, I notice many people are in black (hey, me too, I admit it), and a light colored dress would really make you stand out.

I'm not a fan of black with blue, so I vote for the black box Kelly or the red chevre Kelly. Having said that, if I were in your shoes, it would be hard for me to resist flaunting a blue croc!

I feel that Bridget should carry her Black Box Kelly. It's subtle, understated, and no one can claim that Bridget is being ostentatious by carrying that bag. I personally feel that in this particular situation, calling attention to oneself by carrying a POP color, especially in an exotic, is likely to have a negative effect instead of "impressing" anyone.

Hmmmm - well if I were Bridget I'd seriously consider a black lizard Kelly pochette with RH :graucho:

Discreet, fabulous, exotic and soooo desirable.

:nuts::nuts: Oh, I - I mean Bridget had completely forgotten about that!!

Well, Bridget is completely perplexed now. (Does anyone know how to use the poll feature?) Bleu roi croc seems to be taking the lead, but Bridget is still kind of partial to the black box and rose shocking chevre (or would that be too... girly? :confused1: ), and now (thanks, Handybags!) the black lizard JPG kelly with RH. Bridge loves the BR croc to bits, but wonders if maybe it would over-intimidate Daniel's wife (who is, after all, a nice fashion-savvy woman herself - though one Bridget doesn't know very well). At the end of the day, does Bridget care? :nogood: ? :yes: ?

Okay, so...

21 August
11:00am

# of cigarettes - 0 (v. good - but not surprising, as am non-smoker... unless in presence of A-list hunky celeb who also happens to be a smoker - hey, no one's perfect)

# of espressos - 2

# of bites of toast -2.5 (since hearing of D's book launch have been on Serious Diet)

# of lbs lost since start of Project 'Night Out' - 0

Okay, so not a brilliant start, as was hoping to drop two stone by beginning of Sept. Sadly, no funds for lipo, and am now more than a bit squeamish at the thought after Sharon's upper arm-lipo disaster this year. Won't be able to carry
any bags on the arm if swelling up like the Michelin Man.

Bugger. Oh well. New game plan:

(1) Spanx body compressing garment - will need to test first, since would not do us any favours if cannot sit, stand, eat, drink or breathe in said garment. No desire to repeat process of looking and feeling like squished sausage. Or...

(2) Bread and water ONLY, until day of party. No, scratch that. Just water. Or...

(3) There is no (3). I'm fresh out of ideas.

But it's early in the day.

Luckily, I have the clothes sorted. It's either a chic black Armani trouser suit or... this little Dolce number:

attachment.php

Hmm...

Still thinking. But must get back to work or will get sacked, and getting sacked apparently has deleterious effects on one's posture.

Attachments

• 0432679749056_ASTL_375x500.jpg
    0432679749056_ASTL_375x500.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 347
Honestly, I would say PASS!

It would make a lovely statement if you don't show. Life is too short!!!

Don't waste your time, the croc's time, or even the bb's time. Take them out elsewhere and rock them!