Breaking the $1000. threshold

No and I don't think I ever will.

If I've got $1000 to spend I'd rather get 5 bags than just one - I get bored quickly so buying a $1000 bag wouldn't be a good investment :smile:

Having lots of cheaper ones keeps me more interested

I got very near the 1,000 $ threshold when I bought my Burberry Manor bag two weeks ago; it was on sale for about 650 € which is about $ 960 - and I still feel good..! I am saving for a LV Manhattan pm which will cost € 1,000 or $ 1,500; let's see whether I will really spend all that saved money (I am almost half the way) on that bag or use it for something else... in a couple of months I will know.

Regina :smile:

I have, for me it was more about where I was in my life. I had finally finished law school and my first job, so it was an income/reward for hard work moment. I hope to be able to reward myself with a Birkin at some point, LOL.

Given that we have three small children and live on one income, I don't see myself spending that much anytime in the immediate future. We have IRAs and college funds to put money into, and we like to travel so our kids have that experience. There will be plenty of time for $1K bags after the kids leave home!

I was collecting for 3 years before I broke the $1,000 threshold. I had previously bought 5 bags. Since then I've really been tearing it up and have bought 3 over that mark since then. (about 1 1/2 yrs)

I broke the US$1k mark last year on a Bottega Veneta ball bag. I didn't really start collecting handbags until I got my first full-time job, so it took me 8yrs to get to the $1k mark.

Previous to that, my most expensive bag was ~$300. While I don't totally regret the purchase -- I still love the color (Hermes-ish orange) & style (old ball bag) -- in hindsight it wasn't worth it.

Took me years, I am 37 and just recently bough my first bag over 1K; My Coach Lily is amazing and the sad thing for me is I really dont think $700 or $800 is bad anymore for a bag - to get over the $1k it has to be an outstanding bag.

I started with random bags, to Dooney, then Coach. In Sept of 06' I bought my first LV, a mono speedy 30. I bought more LV after that, but it wasn't until a year later, Sept of 07', did I buy my first bag over $1000. It was my LV black Neo Cabby GM. It was $1720.

I love my Cabby, and I've used it almost ever day since I got it, but I don't think I'll be spending that much on a bag again anytime soon.

This started to happen to me maybe after 3 years of starting to really like expensive handbags? I still feel guilty about the first two, but all the others are well worth it! But I'm definitely starting to tone down a bit on the obsession.

i got a MJ venetian couple of years ago that really broke that $1000 mark.

and though it took years and years of just looking...the crazier part is that once i passed a certain mark it's so easy to cross that mark and look at more expensive bags next time.

I have always loved bags from but my first designer bag was DB then wenr right into LV. My mom surprised me with a gucci leather bag (the bag was about $1400+ taxes) and it has been downhill from there. I'm trying not to hit the 2k mark but my chanel almost cost me that much! Yikes!!