Bradley Cooper

Apparently, the Judy Garland, James Mason version is considered the best but I never thought they had any chemistry. Not that I thought Garland ever had chemistry with her co stars. I always had trouble with her over acting, I think.

Chemistry wise - Kristofferson and Streisand had it in my opinion.

Reactions: DD101
I just watched the Bradly Cooper/Gaga version on HBO. I liked it but it was very dark......visually and emotionally. I thought Bradley Cooper was just fantastic! I wouldn't have thought he had it in him - but he did. He really looked the part too.....tired, aging out rock star on the decline. Booze and drug addled, but with a lot of charisma.

Gaga - I think she did ok, I personally don't think she's a great actress. Some of the lines she had, they came across as flat. She didn't pop off the screen for me.....Cooper did. And he didn't have to say much - his expressions said it all. He had the right look.

My favorite version is Streisand/Kristofferson......damn they nailed it! Kristofferson was both rakish and charming and very believable in his role. Both had the chops and talent to pull their roles off.......very opposite types but they has great chemistry - and that film was brighter......and by brighter I mean color and light. It was just visually more pleasing, and if I remember correctly, Streisand wore much of her own personal wardrobe in her version of the film.

I just watched the Bradly Cooper/Gaga version on HBO. I liked it but it was very dark......visually and emotionally. I thought Bradley Cooper was just fantastic! I wouldn't have thought he had it in him - but he did. He really looked the part too.....tired, aging out rock star on the decline. Booze and drug addled, but with a lot of charisma.

Gaga - I think she did ok, I personally don't think she's a great actress. Some of the lines she had, they came across as flat. She didn't pop off the screen for me.....Cooper did. And he didn't have to say much - his expressions said it all. He had the right look.

My favorite version is Streisand/Kristofferson......damn they nailed it! Kristofferson was both rakish and charming and very believable in his role. Both had the chops and talent to pull their roles off.......very opposite types but they has great chemistry - and that film was brighter......and by brighter I mean color and light. It was just visually more pleasing, and if I remember correctly, Streisand wore much of her own personal wardrobe in her version of the film.
yes bradley cooper is a multiple Oscar nominee while Gaga is a performer acting for the first time....so she did ok IMO. Not sure if or when she will act next but I think she said she wanted to be an actress before she became a singer/performer

I don't remember the Streisand version that well but I think Kris was hot back in the day

I remember her frizzy/curly hair in that movie
37efa6e0-7e99-444c-9327-6ce6844feea3_1.f7887f66452d6f781a6ddf343de07036.jpeg

I now need to watch the Streisand version. I know she was a super popular actress/singer back in the day, but I always had a hard time getting into her films even the acclaimed ones.

Believe me, I'm not a Streisand fan at all really......although I loved her in the Hello Dolly! film.......but for some reason the heat between her and KK was great. I was too young to appreciate KK when this movie came out, to me he looked older with the beard. But watching it again years later......oh mama was he a freaking hottie!!!!

Now I want to see this version again!!!!

Believe me, I'm not a Streisand fan at all really......although I loved her in the Hello Dolly! film.......but for some reason the heat between her and KK was great. I was too young to appreciate KK when this movie came out, to me he looked older with the beard. But watching it again years later......oh mama was he a freaking hottie!!!!

Now I want to see this version again!!!!
there's a PBS show that runs from time to time of the Highwaymen - Kris, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Kris was hot when this was done (80's I think)
If you like country music at all, I recommend it highly

there's a PBS show that runs from time to time of the Highwaymen - Kris, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson. Kris was hot when this was done (80's I think)
If you like country music at all, I recommend it highly

I don't care too much for country music, but I like all the artists mentioned....I'll have to check it out, thanks!

I'm not a bradley cooper fan. didn't like any of his movies. but was blown away by his acting in a star is Born. i believed him every Scene and I was crying at the end. it was a great movie imo. and he totally deserved the Oscar nomation.

I've loved Bradley Cooper ever since he was in The Silver Lining. Enjoyed every single movie he's been in since. But I've stayed away from A Star is Born. I can't stand drug use and depression in a movie these days. I purposely stay away from these themes.

I now need to watch the Streisand version. I know she was a super popular actress/singer back in the day, but I always had a hard time getting into her films even the acclaimed ones.
I absolutely loved her in "Funny Girl" and the soundtrack is spectacular! (I knew it all by heart and belted it out loud anywhere and everywhere at about age 13!) But, for more films than not, IMO she plays the same character over and over (herself). But, I have not seen her and KK's version of A Star Is Born so I can't comment on that.

I absolutely loved her in "Funny Girl" and the soundtrack is spectacular! (I knew it all by heart and belted it out loud anywhere and everywhere at about age 13!) But, for more films than not, IMO she plays the same character over and over (herself). But, I have not seen her and KK's version of A Star Is Born so I can't comment on that.
yes funny girl with Omar Sharif :smile: I'm dating myself here

Reactions: chessmont