Boy- too late to the party?

Hi guys!
This is my first post to purse forum, been stalking on and off for years but I am a bit shy ☺️
Anyway, yesterday I was in my local Chanel store (open here where I live) and had the opportunity to buy an old medium boy bag in the combination that I had been looking for and I loved it!
After hearing about the price increase I pulled the trigger and made the purchase without hesitation.
However I have noticed that a there is a lot of mixed feelings towards this bag. Is there anyone that still loves their boy or am I just too late to the party? I have a classic woc from before so I thought this would be a good pair.
I still love mine...I've had it for over 4 years. I think it's classic in an edgy kind of way which also lets it be casual when needed. Your bag is gorgeous...Enjoy it!

Last edited:
Hi guys!
This is my first post to purse forum, been stalking on and off for years but I am a bit shy ☺️
Anyway, yesterday I was in my local Chanel store (open here where I live) and had the opportunity to buy an old medium boy bag in the combination that I had been looking for and I loved it!
After hearing about the price increase I pulled the trigger and made the purchase without hesitation.
However I have noticed that a there is a lot of mixed feelings towards this bag. Is there anyone that still loves their boy or am I just too late to the party? I have a classic woc from before so I thought this would be a good pair.

I love it!!! I have the same one with brushed gold hardware! It's classic and gorgeous, I don't think it's dated at all, it's become a classic Chanel style! And it looks great on you! Congrats!!!!!

Reactions: berlin_stockholm
Joined you!!! Dream boy bought in May!!! :heart: I always love a boy but had a relationship with him! And realized the odd I love the sound of the chain it’s so cool! I love how it looks on me! Love everything about it! The classiness and the edginess too! In fact it was the boy that has drawn me to chanel ❤️

Attachments

• 954AE460-014E-4965-B970-7CC2ED1386AA.jpeg
    954AE460-014E-4965-B970-7CC2ED1386AA.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 90
I love the boy bag! I always reach for mine when I want to look more casual but still want a great Chanel bag.. I just like the way it looks!
I have 2: a black and a beige both in caviar with aged gold hardware.. I’ll never part with them especially the black!

Reactions: Gigi626 and gabbyss
I love the boy bag! I always reach for mine when I want to look more casual but still want a great Chanel bag.. I just like the way it looks!
I have 2: a black and a beige both in caviar with aged gold hardware.. I’ll never part with them especially the black!
I agree. It’s the most versatile bag! Love my boys! Yours sound lovely too!

Reactions: XCCX
I have two boy bags (one red in the "new medium" or large size and my most recent acquisition, a sort of tiffany blue in the old medium size) and I love them both. I personally don't care too much what others think. I always purchase my bags for me and I only purchase what I love. So if you love that style then its right! Your boy bag is gorgeous! (I love the chevron!!!!)

Exactly. I don't see myself with Gabrielle or 19s and would never buy them but just because they're popular. A lot of people advised me against buying a Boy because it's not trendy anymore, boxy, heavy and nod good investment in general etc. etc but I was just missing a bag that's carefree, versatile and looks great with every single outfit. And it really does! I have it for like a month or so and I use it almost everyday/ I know it's not my last one. I'm so glad I didn't listen to my "advisors" :smile: