Boy- too late to the party?

Hi guys!
This is my first post to purse forum, been stalking on and off for years but I am a bit shy ☺️
Anyway, yesterday I was in my local Chanel store (open here where I live) and had the opportunity to buy an old medium boy bag in the combination that I had been looking for and I loved it!
After hearing about the price increase I pulled the trigger and made the purchase without hesitation.
However I have noticed that a there is a lot of mixed feelings towards this bag. Is there anyone that still loves their boy or am I just too late to the party? I have a classic woc from before so I thought this would be a good pair.

Attachments

• 5E578DA2-5E06-4A02-811C-0773E824AA2B.jpeg
    5E578DA2-5E06-4A02-811C-0773E824AA2B.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 752
Keep it if you love it! If you are having doubts yourself, return. I can understand your feelings though as I just bought my first boy in January and even though it was love at first sight, I also thought a lot about it after the purchase as I also saw many people selling their boys, talking about how it's outdated, that the strap pulls out hair etc. I ultimately decided to keep it because I loved it and will continue to wear it no matter what :smile:

It's a beautiful bag! Enjoy it and don't worry what others think. Some people on the forums are more formal and classic and others are edgier... the opinions will depend a lot upon who you ask. The fact it has gold hardware makes this bag a bit of both formal and edgy. I personally have both the Classics and the Boys and the Boys just work better with some outfits than the flaps. I also think it will be in style for a long time (much longer than the seasonal bags) so don't worry about that. Carry it in good health ;)

Thank you everyone for the replies and good advice! The bag is staying with me, I love it and it makes a good edition to my collection :smile:
I'm glad you're keeping the bag. It's absolutely gorgeous! I have the Boy and a jumbo and I definitely reach for the Boy more. I like that it has one big open pocket but structured enough that I don't lose anything in it.