Boy old medium vs. new medium size comparison on 5'3"

New Medium all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to the new medium being more practical, that thick chain and large clasp makes more sense visually on the New Medium. Personally, I would not spend this kind of money on something so small, I'd add a little more money and get something that goes from day to night. hth

Agreed!!

And also new medium has side pockets! That's anther plus

New Medium all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition to the new medium being more practical, that thick chain and large clasp makes more sense visually on the New Medium. Personally, I would not spend this kind of money on something so small, I'd add a little more money and get something that goes from day to night. hth

Is Chanel still making the old boy size, in addition to the new medium? Or has the new medium replaced it? I found the new medium boy is too big on me and the small is WAY too small.

Old medium looks a little bit better. But just a bit. It depends more on how much you carry with you. I have old medium le boy and jumbo classic. I think the jumbo will get more used just because I can fit more into it. Gotta save for a bigger le boy, since I love it so much.

Is Chanel still making the old boy size, in addition to the new medium? Or has the new medium replaced it? I found the new medium boy is too big on me and the small is WAY too small.

They still make both sizes some dept stores only carry certain sizes I find. My nordstrom carries old medium and NM only carries new medium I'm not sure if this is nation wide but true for WA and Oregon

I just got back from the San Francisco boutique today and both sizes continue to be available. I am 5'3" and tried both bags in the store (old vs new medium). I prefer the old medium beause I want something a little smaller that can be used cross body - my favorite style. I already have several larger Chanel bags and did not need another one - of course, personal preference.

I ordered the old medium in Caviar and I am currently on wait list. SA advised that they are getting 1 at a time currently - they are expecting more with Act 1. She couldn't really say how long the wait will be.

She did have a couple old medium red bags today - but in a matter of 2 hours, they both sold!!

I also have many more lambskin bags vs. caviar (only 2) - so chose the caviar for this one plus I think it pops a little more with the shiny finish - just my opinion and preference.

Thanks to tpf I got my first Chanel bag, and a second ... They are black boy in old medium with calfskin and black boy in new medium with lambskin. I saw a lot people deciding between old medium and new medium, thinking that I can give something back to this forum by providing some photo comparisons.
I'm 5'3, 5'4 in good days.
After taking ~100 photos, I probably will return the new medium, as it looks a little to big on me...

View attachment 2581131View attachment 2581132View attachment 2581133View attachment 2581134
old, and I think the price is nicer too :smile:

I feel like it all depends on the color and material. Old medium makes the hardwear stand out more... new medium leather takes more focus. Its all about the look and size you are going for!!!

Hi, anyone. I'm a NEW Channel lover. I bought a piece of Channel Boy NEW MEDIUM Cavier in Korea last week at USD5,400. The staff claimed that korea is now the cheapest among asia country. Anyone out there know whether this is true or not?

I'm visiting Korea and went to the Loyte Duty Free store and you can get a large for $4900 so you might want to reconsider buying from the regular department store here

Hi, anyone. I'm a NEW Channel lover. I bought a piece of Channel Boy NEW MEDIUM Cavier in Korea last week at USD5,400. The staff claimed that korea is now the cheapest among asia country. Anyone out there know whether this is true or not?

Thanks to tpf I got my first Chanel bag, and a second ... They are black boy in old medium with calfskin and black boy in new medium with lambskin. I saw a lot people deciding between old medium and new medium, thinking that I can give something back to this forum by providing some photo comparisons.
I'm 5'3, 5'4 in good days.
After taking ~100 photos, I probably will return the new medium, as it looks a little to big on me...

View attachment 2581131View attachment 2581132View attachment 2581133View attachment 2581134
Wow, thank you:smile: I think if you wear cross body most of the time, the old medium. If you wear the bag on the shoulder then the new medium. You look great with both bags:smile:

I vote for the NEW medium--I'm 5'4" and just purchased the new boy in dark red caviar.i am a minimalist when it comes to carrying essentials in my bag and I had jest enough room to pack my bag. I also don't like my purse packed to the max. This size is most practical IMO.

Reactions: rock chic