Boy old medium vs. new medium size comparison on 5'3"

Thanks to tpf I got my first Chanel bag, and a second ... They are black boy in old medium with calfskin and black boy in new medium with lambskin. I saw a lot people deciding between old medium and new medium, thinking that I can give something back to this forum by providing some photo comparisons.
I'm 5'3, 5'4 in good days.
After taking ~100 photos, I probably will return the new medium, as it looks a little to big on me...

View attachment 2581131View attachment 2581132View attachment 2581133View attachment 2581134

I agree.
I'm like you 5'4. I brought the old medium size

Thanks to tpf I got my first Chanel bag, and a second ... They are black boy in old medium with calfskin and black boy in new medium with lambskin. I saw a lot people deciding between old medium and new medium, thinking that I can give something back to this forum by providing some photo comparisons.
I'm 5'3, 5'4 in good days.
After taking ~100 photos, I probably will return the new medium, as it looks a little to big on me...

View attachment 2581131View attachment 2581132View attachment 2581133View attachment 2581134
Very helpful; thank you! :smile:

Wow, they are different enough to actually own both! The new medium has a zippered pocket and an open pocket inside. That's a plus point (plus a few hundred bucks too lol). But I prefer the old medium too - it looks more elegant somehow.

Thanks for the comparison pics. :biggrin:

OP, any comparison pics of the sides and inside? Thanks!

Wow, they are different enough to actually own both! The new medium has a zippered pocket and an open pocket inside. That's a plus point (plus a few hundred bucks too lol). But I prefer the old medium too - it looks more elegant somehow.

Thanks for the comparison pics. :biggrin:

OP, any comparison pics of the sides and inside? Thanks!

Sorry I don't have inside pics, only sides.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397711231.140421.jpg

Thanks! You can really see the difference. I'm likening the old medium to the M/L and the new medium to the reissue 226, sizewise. :biggrin:
Can you fit a pair of sunglasses (in their case) in the new medium? I would also carry a small wallet, keys, lipstick, small mirror, and iPhone. I am debating about sizes and would like to be able to carry sunglasses along with the rest of my essentials. Thanks!

Can you fit a pair of sunglasses (in their case) in the new medium? I would also carry a small wallet, keys, lipstick, small mirror, and iPhone. I am debating about sizes and would like to be able to carry sunglasses along with the rest of my essentials. Thanks!

Depends on how big the case is and how big the wallet is...I'll try to experiment on that when I get home today.

I agree with what others have said. Old med looks better if you will wear it cross body. New medium looks better if you're going to wear it primarily on your shoulders! Congrats and enjoy :biggrin:

I agree with that statement as well. Now you guys are making me want to get a new medium bag but I just purchased the old medium. I came back to this post to look at the comparison. How lucky to be able to purchase both and compare. By the time I made up my mind I had a difficult time finding my old medium. Maybe I will get a blue new medium for prefall.