Boy old medium vs. new medium size comparison on 5'3"

sherrielin

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks to tpf I got my first Chanel bag, and a second ... They are black boy in old medium with calfskin and black boy in new medium with lambskin. I saw a lot people deciding between old medium and new medium, thinking that I can give something back to this forum by providing some photo comparisons.
I'm 5'3, 5'4 in good days.
After taking ~100 photos, I probably will return the new medium, as it looks a little to big on me...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397625859.099215.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1397625866.587725.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1397625873.896086.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1397625882.963092.jpg

I think it boils down to personal preference.

I am 5'2 and the New medium didn't work for me. I think I prefer smaller bags. I felt that this big box is hanging on my hips. Lol

I like the old medium. I think the size and she makes it very stylish. I normally like big Chanel bags like the jumbo and Maxie flaps. However, in the boy I like the small and old medium better. Both look good on you though. What leather do you like better?

I'm 5'2 and I got the new medium. I think it's a more practical bag. Plus I think the new medium looks better when carried on shoulder. The old medium kinda looks off when you not cross-body.

I love the new medium on you! The old medium looks nice too. Purse size boils down to personal preference and needs, if the old medium will carry everything what you want, it's a good size for you. The old medium looks fabulous though!

I agree with what others have said. Old med looks better if you will wear it cross body. New medium looks better if you're going to wear it primarily on your shoulders! Congrats and enjoy :biggrin: