Box Calf Birkin Monday

Do you have other black bags already? If you have both black and brown bags already, which do you use more?
I remember reading somewhere that brown leather bags are more versatile than black, that brown goes with more things than black. I don't know if I agree with this, but I have both black and brown bags and I use both.
I feel though that in a Birkin, brown box is probably nicer. I have a black box Kelly that i use all the time, but it's not a Birkin so I don't know. If it were my decision, I'd go with a brown Birkin and also get a black box Kelly, since it's true that black box is gorgeous.

There's a 30cm Havanne Evergrain Birkin right now in San Fran (store's not open yet and it was there at closing last night). How do I know this you ask? Did I see it? NO! Fopduck did and told me about it.......

Not to throw a cog in the wheel, KB but how about something like Havanne Evergrain instead of Chocolate Box? Can your store get it from SF just so you could take a look? Fopduck said it was gorgeous - soft to the touch and rich in color.

I don't think you can have too much black box, but if you will wear chocolate, you know I love chocolate box! Just go for the color you will get the most wear out of!

Kellybag, my vote is also for the choc brown. I love browns as it's a great neutral color and perfect with almost everything. Dress it up, dress it down. Harder to do with a Black. Wondering where is your semi-tropical year round home is that?

I was going to pick black (of course) until I read that you're in semi-tropical weather, in which case browns would seem to work best, but honestly, which do you think you'll pick up the most often between the two? I always go for black, but if you wear more earthy tones, then brown might be a good choice. I think brown in Evergrain is absolutely love, soft and rich if that's still available!

There's a 30cm Havanne Evergrain Birkin right now in San Fran (store's not open yet and it was there at closing last night). How do I know this you ask? Did I see it? NO! Fopduck did and told me about it.......

Not to throw a cog in the wheel, KB but how about something like Havanne Evergrain instead of Chocolate Box? Can your store get it from SF just so you could take a look? Fopduck said it was gorgeous - soft to the touch and rich in color.

I had the same "dilemma" about 2 weeks ago. I told my SA I wanted evergrain, but she had been pushing for boxcalf. She told me all about the advantages about box, but I was so hung up on the scratch-resistance factor, and the SAs there said that evergrain was very durable. I went on here, and I heard all the wonderful things about box. So I went to my SA 2 days later, and I told her I wanted to change my order to box (ebene first choice, choc second). She was so happy for me!

Anyway...evergrain is nice, but boxcalf is so unique. If you've already decided that you definitely want box, then either black or choc is good. Personally, I like a black box Kelly and a brown box Birkin, and those apparently seem to be popular on the PF:yes: .

I love when everyone helps me!

I do live in a semi-tropical climate...if you consider Florida that.

I also own the black box Kelly!!! LOVE IT!

I tend to grab black bags first and that is why I hesitate to buy chocolate. I don't even own one choclate bag...believe that?

I started thinking maybe this should be my chocolate bag and go for it. For those who know me...I get edgy before buying a bag...flip/flop...ask for advice, so that is why I am wanting to hear what you all have to say.

KB, I do the same thing. I say go for the black box Birkin. You just can't go wrong with black box. Even though you have a black box Kelly, the Kelly and the Birkin are such different bags that I think you'll still get a lot of use from both.