BOTKIER Quality Issues (or Raves) -- Do Share Here!

I have 2 Botkier bags and have never had a problem, I love the leather and hardware but I did not order from Botkier I ordered from Srefani bags. I will continue to buy Botkier I think it is one of the best brands for the midrange price.

I have a Ziggy and Sasha since early 2009, been using the Ziggy to death and it is still holding up well. The corners have some scuffs with the bag rubbing against my clothes. A little condition helps though.

I have six botkier bags, and have found them to be of very high quality. But----the older ones are better quality. My Bombay hobo is still looking great, while my Cairo satchel and Violet hobo have faded a little. They also seem to have some problems with snaps and rivets coming off. .

I love all my Botkier but for Christmas I got the PurseBlog Botkier handbag. It had a strange stain on it, but I figured I liked it so much I could live with it, but it's bugging me.

I'm thinking of calling Botkier and asking them for advice. Has anyone ever done this before?

I got a green Botkier pleated satchel (I think it's James but I don't remember) from Nordstrom less than 2 years ago. It really hasn't been carried much and is discoloured somewhat with a small hole at the bottom. I maybe carried it a dozen times. That's never happened to one of my other bags.

I purchased the Uma Satchel in Grey sometime last year (can't remember exactly when). It discoloured HORRIBLY, turning a gross orange/brown colour after about 3 months. I ignored it at first but when it was pointed out to me on more than one occasion, I stopped wearing it. I emailed Botkier but they refused to do anything to help me and told me to take it back to where I had purchased it. I bought it online and couldn't do anything to return it. I don't care where I purchased it, it is still a Botkier bag and they have a responsibility to back-up the price tag on their bags with a certain level of quality. My $600 bag is now sitting at the bottom of my closet and has done so for over 8 months. I will never EVER buy another Botkier bag again. If I knew it was going to change colour so badly, I would have bought black instead.

^ I had a Botkier Venice Hobo change color on me, and Botkier told me the leather was supposed to age that way. Uuuuuuummm... I don't think so. I was not impressed with Botkier's CS or QC. I haven't bought another Botkier since, though I can't say that I never will.

I love Botkier, have several of their bags that have held up really well (I think they are all black!). Last Christmas I purchased the Haven in Indigo purposly from a company with a 365 day return policy knowing the problem with blues. I kept it for 2 months in the original plastic, not the dust bag and checked it regularly but it started to fade (even without use). I would pull back the unexposed areas and it was much darker there than where the leather was exposed so I sent her back. Shame, it was a beautiful bag.

I purchased the Uma Satchel in Grey sometime last year (can't remember exactly when). It discoloured HORRIBLY, turning a gross orange/brown colour after about 3 months. I ignored it at first but when it was pointed out to me on more than one occasion, I stopped wearing it. I emailed Botkier but they refused to do anything to help me and told me to take it back to where I had purchased it. I bought it online and couldn't do anything to return it. I don't care where I purchased it, it is still a Botkier bag and they have a responsibility to back-up the price tag on their bags with a certain level of quality. My $600 bag is now sitting at the bottom of my closet and has done so for over 8 months. I will never EVER buy another Botkier bag again. If I knew it was going to change colour so badly, I would have bought black instead.

Yikes, maybe I'd better stop ogling Botkier bags! They are so pretty - of course I'm going to get dragged in deeper & deeper but I don't want to experience so much serious buyer's remorse. I hope my one black med sasha duffle holds up! It doesn't show any signs of having problems but it's not my daily bag either. If I ever do pick up any more Botkiers, I'll make sure they are on sale. There are plenty of other brands to pick from...big sigh...had hopes of med Trigger & med Bianca.

Last edited: