Book Tote

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of getting the medium, but need to know if it can be carried over the shoulder comfortably. Anyone has any experience to share or mod shots over the shoulder? I’m 160cm in height. Thanks!

Maybe someone already answered this, but, if you don’t put your own name/word on the bag, is that side left plain (no Christian Dior embroidered), or is Christian Dior embroidered on both sides?

Maybe someone already answered this, but, if you don’t put your own name/word on the bag, is that side left plain (no Christian Dior embroidered), or is Christian Dior embroidered on both sides?
Your name/personalization goes on the “back” side, or is otherwise left blank. ‘Christian Dior’ will always be on the “front”.
Good question actually since everyone will photograph only the front side. When I’m out in certain public areas, I’ll purposely carry mine facing out to the back/blank side to avoid attention.

Reactions: sunshineshiney
I ordered a new Book Tote from a Saks SA around mid-May. I did not realize the design was part of their upcoming collection, so they could not ship it out to me until June 2nd-3rd.
This is my first Dior BT. (I ordered a Mini from Dior.com a couple months ago. It was adorable but the size was too small for my necessities.)
I am new to the world of Dior bags.
I assumed it would be a low maintenance bag, but I might be wrong...

I received my item last week, but just got around to opening it today. As soon as I took it out of its dust bag, my eyes *immediately* noticed threading being pulled in THREE different parts in the front of the bag. There also appears to be some piling on the side edges of the bag.
The "white cloud"IMG_7332.jpeg pulling is very noticeable to me from a distance. I am most concerned about this one. It will likely worsen over time and look pretty obvious being white, surrounded by white.

The closest Dior and Saks are a few hundred miles away from where I live, so I do not have the luxury of examining another BT in person to make sure there are no pulls, defects etc.

Has anyone experienced this with a brand new BT? Is this normal?
I assume the thread pulling means jewelry may get caught onto the embroidery?

Any of your shared experiences, feedback or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I understand the quality of bags today are not what they used to be 15 years ago (Chanel, LV, and apparently now Dior?! :tdown:).

:lol: Good thing I did not get my name added to the back of the bag before Saks shipped it to me!!!
IMG_7345.jpegIMG_7346.jpegIMG_7347.jpeg

I ordered a new Book Tote from a Saks SA around mid-May. I did not realize the design was part of their upcoming collection, so they could not ship it out to me until June 2nd-3rd.
This is my first Dior BT. (I ordered a Mini from Dior.com a couple months ago. It was adorable but the size was too small for my necessities.)
I am new to the world of Dior bags.
I assumed it would be a low maintenance bag, but I might be wrong...

I received my item last week, but just got around to opening it today. As soon as I took it out of its dust bag, my eyes *immediately* noticed threading being pulled in THREE different parts in the front of the bag. There also appears to be some piling on the side edges of the bag.
The "white cloud"View attachment 5421642 pulling is very noticeable to me from a distance. I am most concerned about this one. It will likely worsen over time and look pretty obvious being white, surrounded by white.

The closest Dior and Saks are a few hundred miles away from where I live, so I do not have the luxury of examining another BT in person to make sure there are no pulls, defects etc.

Has anyone experienced this with a brand new BT? Is this normal?
I assume the thread pulling means jewelry may get caught onto the embroidery?

Any of your shared experiences, feedback or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

I understand the quality of bags today are not what they used to be 15 years ago (Chanel, LV, and apparently now Dior?! :tdown:).

:lol: Good thing I did not get my name added to the back of the bag before Saks shipped it to me!!!
View attachment 5421643View attachment 5421644View attachment 5421645
I would return for an exchange.

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of getting the medium, but need to know if it can be carried over the shoulder comfortably. Anyone has any experience to share or mod shots over the shoulder? I’m 160cm in height. Thanks!
i'm 162cm. i can fit it on my shoulder quite comfortably. I have done it a couple of times when its a little too heavy to carry on the crook of my arms. If it gets too full though your elbows stick out in a weird angle.

Reactions: Maria333