BLOCKED on H.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to understand...you are upset that OP is making distasteful comments about Hermes (a company) so you are in turn disparaging her personally? If that’s the case perhaps you might consider two wrongs and all that...? Also she isn't attacking Hermes loyal clients, she’s merely sharing her experience and asking for feedback and advice.

OP I’m sorry this is turned into such a controversial thread. I am also feeling extremely anxious right now, as I’m sure most of us are, and tpf has been a welcome distraction. (Next I’m going to try watching Love Is Blind lol)! I’m glad it seems at least this situation is going to work out and I look forward to your next reveals. In the meantime sending best wishes to you and your family :heart:
Thank you and likewise to you too!! :heart::heart::heart: I think it's always better to stand together to demand the highest service and standards than to have infighting. It's just a company! If we don't keep companies in check, who will? The consumers should always be in charge & not the other way around. I think positive and negative traits exist in everyone and every entity. There is no such thing as 100% fallible or infallible. I think sometimes people try to make something all good or all bad because seeing a representation of both good and bad in something at the same time is hard for them. Also lots of enmeshment too. As in, if you don't like my paint color in my living room you are insulting me and my existence as a person. Observing the psychology here has been interesting, for sure. I know high end brands DO employ human behaviorists to capitalize on exactly that, and knowingly prey off the impressionable and gullible. I know I am a huge profit center as a consumer, but at least I am eyes wide open.

I have started some series also right now..if anyone likes scary The Outsider is good!!! I haven't checked out Love is Blind?? I truly hope in 2 weeks the curve has flattened. Prayers all around. :smile:

Last edited:
I went all in on Hermes after selling/ consigning all of my Chanel. I was super excited about moving over, and with several boutiques along with H.com, I guess I spent about 400k over maybe 4 months? About 175k of that was 6 exotic pieces I purchased through boutiques, along with some high jewelry, so it wasn't a TON of bags. Online I ordered a couple of Evelyne and a couple of Roulis, some twillies, and a couple of rodeos.

Why as physchotherapist can you not figure out that after spending 400k in 4 months and your still not happy, maybe Hermes is not the issue?

I'm all for the 1st world problems and guilt free posting on tpf. Who better to understand the difference between hermes navy and deep blue (those jiges in the "back from podium" thread totally look the same)?

The issue is quite simple if you spend money at a store and you are not ok with the service, product, etc. you have two choices: 1. don't go back 2. go back, however except the negatives and proceed at your own peril.

Once again, as has been the case through our lengthy time on TPF, I agree with you beautiful.

Let’s stop being mean to each other. LET’S STOP!!!!!!!!
IF YOU CAN’T STOP BEING MEAN, JUST IGNORE.

We need kindness more than ever. We are all highly stressed and anxious for obvious reasons. Let’s not take it out on each other. Just my 2 cents.
+1 and thank you. All true.
Why as physchotherapist can you not figure out that after spending 400k in 4 months and your still not happy, maybe Hermes is not the issue?

I'm all for the 1st world problems and guilt free posting on tpf. Who better to understand the difference between hermes navy and deep blue (those jiges in the "back from podium" thread totally look the same)?

The issue is quite simple if you spend money at a store and you are not ok with the service, product, etc. you have two choices: 1. don't go back 2. go back, however except the negatives and proceed at your own peril.
OMGGGGGGG geez here we go. Please stop trolling all of you guys. Enough.

I am VERY happy with my purchases. VERY. I have had 2 issues. A visibly defective item and a very confusing, conflicting, irritating and time consuming issue with H.com. That's it. Yes I will decide what I want to do. I didn't post saying if I don't have hermes in my life I will DIE. Quite the opposite. Me posting has helped others having the same experience with H.com so mission accomplished. This post was about H.com. It's circumscribed to that. And yes I can "accept" the negatives but at my peril? No. A handbag is just a handbag, nothing perilous.

Reactions: meridian
Just wondering what’s yr race? Not sure if they block because of race too... it’s not making sense if ppl that do wholesale is ok but u r not. Maybe 400k in 4 months is a big flag

Just wondering what’s yr race? Not sure if they block because of race too... it’s not making sense if ppl that do wholesale is ok but u r not. Maybe 400k in 4 months is a big flag
No, it was H.com not a boutique. I didn't spent that amount on H.com, and I wasn't flagged. Please do read the post where I talked the the supervisor yesterday and others here. This is going on for many not just me. It's a system glitch and has nothing to do with me.

Also of that 400k, 100k was just 2 items. Another 100k was just for 5 exotic wallets. So it wasn't like LOADS of things. Just high ticket items for much of it.

Last edited:
Your experience sounds awful. You must have felt terrible. And that is not how you wanna feel spending this sort of money.

Well, in a couple of months the situation might be completely different :biggrin: Why would one even wanna have a bag one cannot wash at 60 grad Celcius or more? :smile:

I've recently been to an Hermes boutique where I was told I cannot touch their display bags (in a display case :biggrin:) and I thought that it's time for a change too :biggrin: Honestly, it's just things in which to hold our things :smile: Maybe we need other things. Or maybe we don't need things at all.

Living in Germany, I always liked the idea of apprenticeship, where someone becomes a true artisan in their line and can create amazing products. It's how I got hooked with Hermes. I thought I was supporting the local artisans...

Right now I am not so sure anymore. Good luck to you. You sound like a very nice person who gave this brand every chance it deserved. There are other brands. And other things to hold our things! :biggrin:

Once again, as has been the case through our lengthy time on TPF, I agree with you beautiful.

Let’s stop being mean to each other. LET’S STOP!!!!!!!!
IF YOU CAN’T STOP BEING MEAN, JUST IGNORE.

We need kindness more than ever. We are all highly stressed and anxious for obvious reasons. Let’s not take it out on each other. Just my 2 cents.

:hugs: Love ya!

Your experience sounds awful. You must have felt terrible. And that is not how you wanna feel spending this sort of money.

Well, in a couple of months the situation might be completely different :biggrin: Why would one even wanna have a bag one cannot wash at 60 grad Celcius or more? :smile:

I've recently been to an Hermes boutique where I was told I cannot touch their display bags (in a display case :biggrin:) and I thought that it's time for a change too :biggrin: Honestly, it's just things in which to hold our things :smile: Maybe we need other things. Or maybe we don't need things at all.

Living in Germany, I always liked the idea of apprenticeship, where someone becomes a true artisan in their line and can create amazing products. It's how I got hooked with Hermes. I thought I was supporting the local artisans...

Right now I am not so sure anymore. Good luck to you. You sound like a very nice person who gave this brand every chance it deserved. There are other brands. And other things to hold our things! :biggrin:
Hey there! Germany is one of my FAVORITE places to visit!!! I love your country! My husband always asks me, if you had to leave the USA where would you go, and I always say there. And you are so right that things will change in the next few months, and I am quite sure that much of this discussion will be irrelevant very soon with all that will change. I too hope that people reevaluate and reset maybe with their relationships with luxury to the degree that we head less mass produced and more artisan/ boutique. I would love to have the skill set and the access to make my own. Wouldn't that be something??

So funny thing happens last week. I am in H boutique (NOT ONLINE JUST THE BOUTIQUE FOLKS) and my SA brings out this rose sakura box Kelly 32 for me to try on as I don't really like the 28 size (I am tall). I was like where is this from? She says oh someone ordered it, and then changed there mind. We keep stuff like this in the back for people just to try on. It was a beautiful bag but has now met its fate as a try on model. :cool:

Reactions: MaryAndDogs
Yep. Things will change big time. Folks are just not aware to all of that happening. Many SO will become available to others as people will not pick them up.

in Germany, basically 99.9% of people do not know or could not care any less what a Birkin or a Kelly is :biggrin: Not to mention any other bags :biggrin: In Frankfurt or Munich things might be different (in about two neighbourhoods I know...) but the rest simply does not care at all. It helps to put things in perspective.

Were it not for my generous hubby I would probably never own any of these luxurious goods. But living here I would not have felt (or known) any difference all :biggrin: Nobody here gives a...glance :biggrin: I can walk my dogs at 11 pm alone, I use my croc Birkin to just buy "Brot und Wurst" and seriously nobody gives a...second look :biggrin: Germany is really easy going this way sometimes.

Tracey,

Another s...h with that glorious Hermes. Feel sorry for you. It is not fair!!!! may be it is a sign not spend less time, money and efforts on this brand????:confused1:
Hi @Tasha1 !! How are you?? The good news is that I have no choice but to as it's ALLLLLLLL shut down anyways. I might do that, and it will be fine. I love some things I have but I most certainly wish H would have more....edge? There is only one reason I delved into H, which was COLOR, and secondary are the leathers which I love to play with. Most of the designs are a little sleepy for my style..lovely, but I've got some of that moto-glam-goth in me and H doesn't speak to that style. I am so happy to have picked up a so black alligator wallet and a so black box birkin cuz those are edgier. And the bright colors are just phenomenal. The exotic colors can't be beat, and that's really the primary draw for me these days to Hermes anyway - exotics. And I have lots and lots of what I have found that I liked, and really not much more I can think of that I would really crave. There are other houses right now about to start doing some amazing things with exotics so I am excited about that too!! What are you up to these days?

Last edited:
I totally understand your passion for exotics, I saw gorgeous pieces in Brussels, unbeatable colours.
I don't know what is wrong with me but I stopped fussing about all this stuff, I go with a flow and wait for a bag that will conquer my heart.
So nothing is wrong with you at all! You are my hero! I hope all the fussing will miraculously stop for me too. One can hope!! I need a new hobby :facepalm:

OP I felt compelled to comment here - I have long held the opinion that the H subforum on this app contains more vitriol than most.. this, and having to beg H to spend money with them for bags are the two main reasons I have (almost) no interest in this brand.
Having worked in IT for many years and being a luxury consumer, I can say that the technology for most of these luxury brands leaves a lot to be desired.. I've often assumed that it is set up to be difficult to navigate "by design" (pun intended, lol). I will also say that programs can be written improperly and without obvious or easy recourse. In these cases it is typically the end user who takes the hit. It is possible this will all resolve on it's own in one year and one day from the date of last purchase.
Finally, in light of recent global (economic) issues, these luxury houses may soon find themselves transitioning their own philosophies as to how they conduct business (servant/master comes to mind)..
Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.