Tech Blackberry, Regular Phone, iPhone....Advice Needed

I have experience using both blackberrys and the iphone. I would recommend a bb with a good family plan. We don't have a house phone since we're always on our cells, so we save that monthly expense. The reason I'm suggesting the bb, even though I :heart: my iphone, is the bb has cut/paste, a flash and MMS. The bb has fantastic battery life and there are many ways to customize it as well as applications for it.

I would recommend signing up with the same carrier as your husband so you have free mobile to mobile. Then you won't have to worry about running out of minutes or purchasing an expensive plan if you talk to him alot. I'm not a big texter and didn't send one pic on from my treo, but prefer a full screen phone for the Internet besides good audio/phone quality so iphone worked best for me. It depends on what works best for your needs if you want a smartphone instead of the basic phone.

Last edited:
I love my iphone! I like it because the layout is easy for me to understand, the internet is great, and I love the text setup (the iphone has "chat" bubbles). I have a Macbook and I love how easy it syncs with the information on my computer - itunes, ical, iphoto etc.

My best friend who has Verizon had a BB Storm, but returned it for a "regular" phone - she hated it!

Thanks mcmahan!

Lanier: Did your friend say why they didn't like the storm? I hear a lot of people who are die hard texters don't like the touch screens. I'm pretty used to using my iPod Touch and don't mind the touchscreen at all.

my neice returned her storm 3 times due to malfunction, she also said that the touch screen doesnt stay aligned well enough to type /text fast without errors. but the BB pearl and the BB curve i can say from personal experience are great phones with excellent and functional features that I use regularly. it is so easy to become a crackberry addict.