Black v. Brown + Together?

i think it depends on the shade of brown, some can go well with black..

the madison inlaid, sabrina and julianne, was black and brown..

i've seen guys wear brown and black together nicely.

its definitely an unusual combination but yeah, i think depending on the shade..it can work.

The only time I match is when I have on my plum crocs and my plum belted ergo hobo! LOL! Other than that, I'm all over the place. I'm a big mess of colors. My older daughter says that I don't dress like a grown-up.

Brown and black is so very commonplace, well at least it is in NYC where a majority of people wear black.

And as of lately i've been sporting my new Thompson slim tote in Mahogany and I think it does a great job of creating contrast because it's so neutral.

I'm of the same school of thought... I just can't bring myself to wear black and brown together. One option I have found is to just carry a light brown/tan bag as often as I can. That way, it goes with everything. You can always add a warm colored accessory in your outfit to bring the brown handbag into your outfit since black is a cool color.

I do wear black and brown together. According to the show "What not to wear" they are neutrals and they do go together. I love that show it is on tlc. They always talk about not having to be matchy match but things should just look good together.

I don't mind black and brown so much as I love animal prints. But I can't stand black and navy.

I purposely bought a camel colored coat so that my bags wouldn't blend in with it! The hardware has to match my jewelry though, can't stand hardware not matching.

On Sundays I pick a purse on my rotation (which is new and a work in progress) and I wear it all week.. I do not worry about what I am wear at all any of those days.. I do nt match.. Exp- I am wearing my Pond (grey-blue) Ergo Hobo this week and it will go with everything I wear period...

Now as to Black and Brown I find that very classy combo and would wear that with no issue..

You need to buy a great Black Bag but it would be a shame not to wear that lovely new Brown one...

hmmm I don't mix black and brown either unless its together on the bag like the signature khaki carly with black leather trim :O) whats in the bag usually doesn't match the outside but the charms hardware must match the bag.. lol we need a post of pic's of our bags and whats in it would be fun to see how matchy matchy we are or arn't :O)

I'm not matchy in red bag and red shoes, I'd wear a blue bag and black (or brown) shoes. But somehow my outfit always revolves around brown or black hues. I LOVE navy and brown though - it's a new combination I've been wearing since I bought new boots.