Black v. Brown + Together?

Black and brown goes well together as long as the browns match, like don't wear a fawn tan brown belt with dark brown shoes then a black top. If your brown bag and shoes match, it looks great with a dark black top. Or wear black pants with a brown top and brown shoes. Try to match your bag to your shoes when you mix black and brown.

Outfits entirely of black look lackluster and outfits entirely of brown can be stale.
I got some of my info from here:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4611398_wear-black-brown.html

My closet (bags and clothes) are dominated by the naturals and browns. So I am in your shoes.. I think I have 2 black bags to switch to and one of them is the 07 legacy signature so it's brown and black. haha

I think your shoes and bag need to compliment each other, not match -but compliment, I can't stand to see someone with brown boots, tan jacket and a black bag-it doesn't work. If you are dressed professionally then you should look put together if you are just wearing sweats like some people said then I guess it really doesn't matter what color sweats you are wearing with your coach bag-it doesn't work regardless!

Whenever tPFers ask questions like this you always get such a mix of answers! It's nice to know that many of us just do what works that day or what makes them happy regardless of what "the rules" say.

That being said, I will put my black skinny mini inside a matching (and I use that term loosely - I match styles and hardware, but not always exact colors) wristlet to avoid appearing to break the rules when I change bags! LOL

I just don't feel like moving credit cards and ID and stuff like that into individual wallets every time I carry a different color bag. I don't knock women who do, though. To have the time and money to pay such close attention to detail is luxurious, and I hope to get there one day :cool: