Black diamond engagement rings?

totallystoked

Jan 23, 2010
I'm new here but I love it! :smile: Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys thought of black diamond engagement rings? Maybe with a regular white diamond setting? I'm not going to be getting engaged anytime in the near future but I've been thinking about a black diamond engagement ring for a while now and was wondering if it would be 'cool' or if others would think it was lame...I just love black diamonds and how sparkly they are. Plus, my boyfriend could afford to buy me a pretty big one (maybe 2+ carats) since they're less expensive and (I think, just as cool). I figured if I got sick of it maybe when we have more money we could upgrade it to a white diamond! But I don't even think I'd get sick of it! lol

welcome to tPF!!! :heart:

don't know about an engagement ring, but i wear a pendant necklace everyday that has both black diamonds and white diamonds, and it's beautiful.

i'd be curious to see what a larger black diamond would look like though.

do you have any pics by chance?

SURE DO! Here are some that I thought were kind of interesting!

Attachments

• blkdim.jpeg
    blkdim.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 584
  • blkdim2.jpeg
    blkdim2.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 557
  • blkdiamond.jpg
    blkdiamond.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 750
  • blkdiamond3.jpg
    blkdiamond3.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 684
  • blkdiamond2.jpg
    blkdiamond2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 877
Oh and is your pendant a heart? I have a reversible heart necklace w/ blk diamonds and white ones. my boyfriend also bought me a ring last year that looks like the attachment to this post...its super pretty and I always get tons of compliments

Attachments

• myring.jpg
    myring.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3,244
i love black diamonds... it would make a very unique engagement ring, but will it stand the test of time? you may want to go with a classic white diamond and save the black diamond for something else.

as for me, my hubby agreed to let me have a black diamond channel band as my wedding ring. i love it!

I would consider maybe putting black diamonds in your wedding band, you know, kind of like a white diamond/sapphire combo, but instead you can make it white diamonds and black diamonds.

For the actual engagement ring, however, I would use a regular diamond---black just has kind of negative conotation for me!

I know someone who has a black diamond center stone engagement ring. The shank is alternating black and white diamonds, in a fashion similar to the Tiffany Bubbles design. The center stone is a small black diamond, but the ring as a whole is very unique and quite lovely.

Her wedding band matches the shank of her e-ring, and the set is so interesting. I love looking at it!

My point is, get the ring you want, regardless of the center stone. You're the one wearing it, so it really only matters whether you love it or not. I ADORE my light blue diamond, and I don't know that I would love my ering as much if it held a conventional white diamond.

I am a traditionalist, so I say no. But then again, it's not my ring! If you enjoy it (seems like you're set on it), then get it! Because you know that you'll adore it forever!