Black diamond engagement rings?

Oh and is your pendant a heart? I have a reversible heart necklace w/ blk diamonds and white ones. my boyfriend also bought me a ring last year that looks like the attachment to this post...its super pretty and I always get tons of compliments

no, i honestly don't know what it's called, but here's a pic of it. (the black diamonds are in the middle circle, obviously).

DSCF0362.jpg

Go for it. But I think having a white pave halo around the black stone would be nicest. Like the first one in the selection posted.

I don't know why, it just looks more "engagement-y" that way or something - and would be a nice compromise between edgy and personalised to you, but also traditional.

I love colored diamonds and I love the concept of using them in wedding/engagement rings. However, my personal opinion is that black diamonds are a bit too common these days. With that said, get what you want. It's your ring, so do what makes you happy.

i love black diamonds... it would make a very unique engagement ring, but will it stand the test of time? you may want to go with a classic white diamond and save the black diamond for something else.

I totally agree with this. I got a blue diamond for my engagement ring, and within a year wanted a new setting. Got the new setting and still wasn't satisfied.

Now I am wanting a "regular" white diamond for the "main event" in my e-ring.

I love black diamonds - if you want one for your engagement ring, I say go for it -

I like all the rings you posted but agree the first one looks the most "engagement-y"

This is my plain black diamond band - The setting isn't very tight (I've had to get some stones replaced)... so in the future I may have the stones reset with white diamonds for my future wedding band...I'm into skinny wedding bands.

attachment.php

It's important to me that my diamond sparkle. I would be afraid that the novelty of a black diamond e-ring would wear off; however, if that's what you want, then go for it.

While my fiance and I were looking for e-rings, I wanted so bad to get a black diamond ring, but while fiance was doing his research he convinced me not to get it. Someone from Robbins Brothers told him that they don't really exist, that they are actually flawed white diamonds that are injected with black dye, that's why they aren't as pricey as other diamonds. I don't know if that's true, but I was pretty bummed out to hear this. Either way I still want a black diamond ring, but like others suggested, I might just go for the wedding band.

But if you really want it, I think you should totally go for it! It's truly unique and rock-n-rollish (which is why I wanted it)! I just settled for a white diamond e-ring cuz I thought I might end up regretting not getting a traditional ring. I think I can always get a black diamond ring for one of our big anniversaries. :graucho:

But here's a pic of what I originally wanted to get, either this way or vice versa (with the black diamond cushion center and white diamond halo - i just couldn't find a pic of it this way).

Attachments

• 1-1_3-1-10-carat-green-amethyst-and-black-diamond-14k-white-gold-ring1.jpg
    1-1_3-1-10-carat-green-amethyst-and-black-diamond-14k-white-gold-ring1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3,124