Birkin lookout club

Koga said:
I talked to my former sa who is now a buyer for Hermès and she told me about a new leather called Rodeo. She recommended me to get a Kelly in that type of leather. Has anyonone else seen or heard of it?

I also received a lot of valuable information from Gigi Leung. Thank you:idea: I am almost sure that the 32cm is my size and now I'm only unsure about which leatrher to choose. The coromandel suople leather sounds very interesting. It seems to have a nice "stiff" texture but is not as stiff as the box.

Koga, I've seen the new Rodeo leather in a wallet when I was in Hermes HK late last year. It was a color called "Milk" & sooo pretty! :love: It looks like a durable leather to me so that might be why your SA recommend that for your Kelly. I don't have much details on the Rodeo leather so if you can try to ask your SA for more.

IMO goat is the most beautiful textured/grained leather of Hermes. The grain is very exotic! The amazing thing with goat skin bags is that you will see the goat spine along the centre of the bag! This is something you will not see on calf leather bags! I have ordered a 30cm Birkin in Chevre Coromandel & I'm very excited!!! :love: :love: :love:

Some time back when I visited Hermes, I browsed the Hermes leather book with color swatches of all the leathers & colors. There are actually 2 types of goat leather - Chevre de Coromandel and Chevre Mysore.

For Chevre Coromandel, there is "normal" Coromandel leathers and "souple" Coromandel leathers. The souple ones are still grainy in texture, but very soft & flexible when you feel & flip the leathers. If I remember correctly, there are more colors for the normal Coromandel leathers.
As for Chevre Mysore, I find it's slightly less grainy as compared to Coromandel.

It was lots of fun to browse the Hermes Leather book & chat with my SA on the leathers & colors!:biggrin:

Some birkin news :biggrin: There was a 35cm in a kind of multi-color leather mesh. It was really interesting and the craftsmanship was just great! Not really the color combinations I'd want though, so I had to pass. Then I went to the Waikiki boutique and there was a cognac 35cm in epsom leather. Not my color either, but at least I got to see some today :biggrin: Gives me hope that the one I want will be waiting for me sometime soon *cross fingers*

They had a nice ostrich plume in an eggplant color, they also had the ostrich plume in a orange. $11,000. It was really cute, but for the money I'd want a birkin.

OOh, I would've snapped up that cognac 35!!

Gigi, you here (see) me talk about Chevre all the time. It's my favorite of all H leathers. Especially the souple version.

Noriko said:
^^^I think it was in the mid $7000s. I knew I should have paid more attention to the price :lol: I know it was between $6950 and $7500 though.
Thanks Noriko! :smile: That sounds pretty ok in terms of price difference between countries. Looks like the most expensive place to get a Birkin is Tokyo, Japan.

gigi leung said:
Koga, I've seen the new Rodeo leather in a wallet when I was in Hermes HK late last year. It was a color called "Milk" & sooo pretty! :love: It looks like a durable leather to me so that might be why your SA recommend that for your Kelly. I don't have much details on the Rodeo leather so if you can try to ask your SA for more.

IMO goat is the most beautiful textured/grained leather of Hermes. The grain is very exotic! The amazing thing with goat skin bags is that you will see the goat spine along the centre of the bag! This is something you will not see on calf leather bags!

:biggrin:
Thanks for the info Gigi Leung! I have emailed my former SA who told me to get back in june before she goes to Paris in July. She couldn't promise me a Kelly so please keep your fingers crossed for me:shame: I also called the Hermès store where I purchased my Birkin where I was told to send them a fax with name and previous purchases. I guess they want to see if I 'm worthy a new Kelly:biggrin:

jessdressed said:
Can you purchase a Birkin anywhere else besides the Hermes boutiques like Saks or Neimans?

Some NM's carry Hermes- I know you can order a Birkin from the NM in Troy, MI, so I am sure there are other NMs that do as well.

Koga said:
Thanks for the info Gigi Leung! I have emailed my former SA who told me to get back in june before she goes to Paris in July. She couldn't promise me a Kelly so please keep your fingers crossed for me:shame: I also called the Hermès store where I purchased my Birkin where I was told to send them a fax with name and previous purchases. I guess they want to see if I 'm worthy a new Kelly:biggrin:

Good luck with this, Koga!!