Big, Baggy Cuffed Jeans on Celebs - Will you do it?

Cuff the baggies?

• Yes, loving it!

• Not a chance, there's no way this will grow on me

Results are only viewable after voting.

KathGrace

Aug 25, 2008
I remember when this was in the FIRST Time around. Pegging jeans. Granted, it is slightly different than the 80's but not by much, in my opinion.

I brushed it off when Katie did it. Bilson, too. But now Reese? The only version of this I saw as somewhat acceptable was on Jennifer A., and she rarely does wrong. Course, that's how I always felt about Reese. So - do you love it? Hate it? Will you wear it?

For those of you who can't wait to roll, the "how-to" link is attached - first, what seemed to be the original 'peg' or 'pinch' via ehow http://www.ehow.com/how_2001590_pinch-roll-jeans.html and second, the modernized version that details the jean fit - can be found on denimblog.com

In case anyone is interested, most of the time celebs are wearing the Current/Elliott Baggy Boyfriend Jean.

Attachments

Last edited:

katheryn

O.G.
Jul 19, 2006
I hate this look. It makes their legs look short and stubby, even long-legged Katie Holmes. No thanks! There are much cuter ways to be comfortable.

pippop

O.G.
Mar 7, 2006
No. People might argue that they're comfortable, but there are plenty of comfortable clothes that don't make my legs look about two feet shorter.

Melissa71

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Illinois
Not a chance, I think it looks sloppy and unflattering. If it makes these super slender actresses look like that, I don't want to think how it would look on me. LOL

bagdoll

O.G.
Feb 13, 2008
why would anybody want to look that ugly and sloppy... Katie Holmes looks the worst.

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
Highland, Maryland
Never, never, never. That trend came around before in the mid 1980's, if I remember my years correctly, and they weren't flattering even way back then.

We called them "paper bag jeans" at the time.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I agree that it isn't flattering in the least, even on thin, long-legged celebrities, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for pegging jeans after living through the first trend. Of course, that doesn't mean I will wear it!

Feb 2, 2006
If these jeans look THAT god-awful on the beautiful (and skinny) celebrities posted above, then people will run away screaming and crying if *I* ever put them on.