Big, Baggy Cuffed Jeans on Celebs - Will you do it?

Cuff the baggies?

• Yes, loving it!

• Not a chance, there's no way this will grow on me

Results are only viewable after voting.

KathGrace

O.G.
Aug 25, 2008
I remember when this was in the FIRST Time around. Pegging jeans. Granted, it is slightly different than the 80's but not by much, in my opinion.

I brushed it off when Katie did it. Bilson, too. But now Reese? The only version of this I saw as somewhat acceptable was on Jennifer A., and she rarely does wrong. Course, that's how I always felt about Reese. So - do you love it? Hate it? Will you wear it?

For those of you who can't wait to roll, the "how-to" link is attached - first, what seemed to be the original 'peg' or 'pinch' via ehow http://www.ehow.com/how_2001590_pinch-roll-jeans.html and second, the modernized version that details the jean fit - can be found on denimblog.com

In case anyone is interested, most of the time celebs are wearing the Current/Elliott Baggy Boyfriend Jean.

Attachments

• reese big jeans.jpg
    reese big jeans.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 297
  • katie big jeans.jpg
    katie big jeans.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 211
  • reese-witherspoon-slouchy-jeans.jpg
    reese-witherspoon-slouchy-jeans.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 750
  • rachel-bilson-boyfriend-jeans2.jpg
    rachel-bilson-boyfriend-jeans2.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 687
  • katiepeggsagain.jpg
    katiepeggsagain.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Never, never, never. That trend came around before in the mid 1980's, if I remember my years correctly, and they weren't flattering even way back then.

We called them "paper bag jeans" at the time.

I agree that it isn't flattering in the least, even on thin, long-legged celebrities, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for pegging jeans after living through the first trend. Of course, that doesn't mean I will wear it!