Beware of the super fakes

I would think that super fakes would even try to get the tiniest detail that they can right. It seems only an in person authentication with a trained eye can discern a super fake.

Per above, they don't discuss signs of authenticity here. If you are concerned about your bag, I'd use an online service like Authenticate4u.com or etincelerauthentications.com, they can help authenticate. (I think Etincelerauthentications will do it only if you send the bag to them)

If you bought a Chanel that wasn't from a store (authorized reseller like Saks/Neimans/Hirsch/etc or Chanel itself), I'd assume it is fake unless you authenticate it.

Hi! Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we do not have all the resellers you mentioned above here :sad: They do not have a Chanel boutique as well in the area im currently in so there is no other choice but to ask somebody else who travels to buy the bag.

Also i tried both the service providers youve mention and 2 others but they are not accepting SERIES 15 and ABOVE anymore... i just hope i can chat with somebody who recently purchased a series 20 classic bag just to know if we are the same. If not on this thread, can anybody point me to the right direction or link please. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: GeorgiaGirl67
I happened to see a very, very good fake bag today. I was curious to look at it first hand. It looked amazing-the Caviar leather looked the same, the lining and stitching details were great-even the stamping and hardware were spot on. The only give away was the auth card. But if someone were selling that on Ebay and claimed the card/auth sticker was lost it would be impossible to auth via pics.

Did you receive an authenticity card to your bag, I never seen an authenticity card perfectly faked so if you have that one please send me a message and I will tell you step by step exactly what to look for , also if you send me the sticker I can take a look at it, but that one doesn't tell much, I've see very well done.
I just bought 2 bags from the shop but they are boy bags. Anyway I can take a look at my Chanel shop for your bag if you let me know specific details you want me to look at.
Where did you buy the bag from ?

I was going to buy a Chanel bag in may when I go to Rome Italy (there are no Chanel stores where I live) and then came the rumour of a 20% increase in Europe :sad: I bought this on the 28th of mars for €3050 (the price today after the increase is €4260 which is crazy) on VC which I think is a good price. This was before I read about all these superfakes and it made me worry a lot.

I was nice to hear that there is authentic bags that are not perfect :smile: Do you know anything about the auth. card and the white dot with the CC?? You can se on my pictures that the CC:s are not perfectly centered in the dot. Everything else is fine I think....

Have you tried to contact authenticate4u.com? They authenticated my jumbo with a 19 series serialnumber.

Hi! Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately we do not have all the resellers you mentioned above here :sad: They do not have a Chanel boutique as well in the area im currently in so there is no other choice but to ask somebody else who travels to buy the bag.

Also i tried both the service providers youve mention and 2 others but they are not accepting SERIES 15 and ABOVE anymore... i just hope i can chat with somebody who recently purchased a series 20 classic bag just to know if we are the same. If not on this thread, can anybody point me to the right direction or link please. I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

After searching and searching i found an authenticator. I called for an appointment and brought the bag. After looking at the details of the bag and everything that came with it. Measuring, counting and doing a sensory evalutation in 45-1hr she said... I have the real macoy! She told me the things that i worry about are within parameters consistent with a series 20. Then she took out another series 20... and showed me. You ladies cant believe how much i was sweating waiting for a verdict and voila! the peace of mind ive been looking for. Thank you for the advice and posts. Really helped alot. Now i can actually start using my bag, and wear it with pride :smile: NO TO FAUX!

After searching and searching i found an authenticator. I called for an appointment and brought the bag. After looking at the details of the bag and everything that came with it. Measuring, counting and doing a sensory evalutation in 45-1hr she said... I have the real macoy! She told me the things that i worry about are within parameters consistent with a series 20. Then she took out another series 20... and showed me. You ladies cant believe how much i was sweating waiting for a verdict and voila! the peace of mind ive been looking for. Thank you for the advice and posts. Really helped alot. Now i can actually start using my bag, and wear it with pride :smile: NO TO FAUX!
Congrats

I am mostly a lurker here, but this was a very interesting thread. My sister in law purchases super fakes, after years and years of purchasing only authentic pieces. She pays over $1000 for some of them, which (to me at least) seems absurd. I am not an expert in handbags, so I cannot say how close to the real thing they are, but I will say that the leather is quite good.
If it is not against forum rules, would I be allowed to post pictures of some of her bags?

I hope your bag turns out to be authentic. It's scary that they write on their website that they are commited to the fight against counterfeiting, but still they keep selling fakes.

I am happy to say that my bag is authentic!! [emoji1][emoji1] I got help from authenticate4u and they confirmed that the bag is authentic!! I am very happy and will start to enjoy my beautiful Classic Flap!!

I am mostly a lurker here, but this was a very interesting thread. My sister in law purchases super fakes, after years and years of purchasing only authentic pieces. She pays over $1000 for some of them, which (to me at least) seems absurd. I am not an expert in handbags, so I cannot say how close to the real thing they are, but I will say that the leather is quite good.
If it is not against forum rules, would I be allowed to post pictures of some of her bags?

Please pm me the pictures! I am really curious how they look...

I would also like to see pics :smile:

If the card and sticker is the only thing that gave it away...then I'm terrified.

Snap. :amazed:

Interestingly, what some girls are saying about Turkey is ringing bells in my mind. I was in Tenerife at Christmas, we stayed in Costa Adeje in a lovely 5* hotel.....but if you drove 10 minutes away you found the more touristy location with LOADS of 'boutiques' selling random designers such as two Prada saffianos, one Saint Laurent Sac de Jour, a few of this...a few of that etc. My father and I were so puzzled at how they got the stock, purely because in retail you rarely can just carry one item and not spend a certain amount etc along with the fact there were SO many 'boutiques' in a short radius selling the same brands/items - agents for a collection, or brand wouldn't allow there to be so many stockists in such a small area.

Basically, I look back now and pass out at the thought they were fakes. I mean honestly, they looked so real. I'm sure if you got into the nitty gritty inside the bag and started counting squares, stitching etc you would start to see the difference but still - it was insane!