Beware of the super fakes

all Chanel bags should have the hologram sticker inside, even wallets and minis. the exception would be bags you bought second-hand ; they could have removed the sticker or damaged the sticker, or had the interior reconditioned and the sticker would be ripped out. the authenticity card should also come with each new item, but my friend once made a purchase at Saks and she didn't get the authenticity card, so it sometimes happens that authentic items are missing a component, but never the sticker (unless purchased used). the WOCs do not come with a dustbag, so it does vary somewhat based on what product you buy.
WOCs do come with a dust bag.... I brought mine two weeks back you can see in pic....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2,204
i know online services are supposed to help with authentication and i recently used one to buy a bag, but how good can online really be? i wonder. in the WOCs, for instance, the "superfakes" have a flap zipper that is only decorative and does not extend the length of the bag. i discovered this during some travels abroad. but the authentication services online do not ask for a picture of having someone's hand extend down that back zip pocket, for instance. you take your chances online, sadly.

I purchased a reissue off Malleries that had the same decorative zipper in the inside flap, is that normal for reissues? I do not know as this is my 1 & only reissue...

Hi, thank you again for your help, I really appreciate it! I did provide Paypal A4U evaluation and they just said they have never seen the item, so they don't know if its authentic still. So they are on seller's side. Before I haven't had any problems when buying pre-loved bags, but I think this will be the last time, since I am not really getting protect from paypal, kinda on my own here. :biggrin: Of course I got myself to this since I bought it, so it's no ones but my fault.

I still wanted to share these pictures of this bag, if you are willing to check those: http://imgur.com/a/mWqmC
Weight of the bag is 1094 grams. Kinda having hopes if there would be any chance to be authentic. Do you have any thoughts?

Sorry for bringing this case up again, I hope this will also prevent someone else getting in this situation.

EDIT: I tried to multiquote to all who quoted me, apparently it didn't work, but thank you for your support !

mmiusi - may be you can take more pictures showing the stickers, authenticity card and anything that comes with the bag? I just looked at the pictures provided and it's really hard to say that bag is fake just base on the look.

Le.everlynn, thanks for your reply!

Here is few more photos:
rdlkBsK.jpg

QRpR9bd.jpg

ENOfBc0.jpg

Bag came with black dust bag which is same as my other Chanel dustbags and box as well. I didn't get anything else with the bag, but I've been thinking the supplementary material would maybe be easiest to copy, and this bags craftsmanship looks terribly great to me.

Thank you in advance for your support.

WOC comes with dustbag as of last year, I bought mine in 2013 and didn't got one. Just like with other wallets they give now dustbags.

Which they definitely should...
I however don't understand why my dustbag for WOC is a think velour, great fit and looks expensive, whereas GST & seasonal bags I have recently brought the dustbags are shockingly cheap and have drawstrings like shoe bags...really these need rethinking

Which they definitely should...
I however don't understand why my dustbag for WOC is a think velour, great fit and looks expensive, whereas GST & seasonal bags I have recently brought the dustbags are shockingly cheap and have drawstrings like shoe bags...really these need rethinking
Yes I share your opion! Maybe they will someday....

Hi,

I just wanted to share this on superfake thread, since I recently purchased this bag, got it authenticated online and evaluation was not-authentic! So scary! Why I got it authenticated is because of sticker is removed/peeled and I haven't never seen auth card like that, messy and missing periods. Here are some pictures I sent and got evaluation as a counterfeit, what do you think?

ZLLhEVW.jpg

ENOfBc0.jpg

kwgJpDG.jpg

rdlkBsK.jpg

fbSvhTf.jpg

5xCPSgt.jpg

QRpR9bd.jpg

MaFuSSO.jpg

wow! this bag would've fooled me too! The only thing that looks off is the sticker and authenticity card.

Le.everlynn, thanks for your reply!

Here is few more photos:
rdlkBsK.jpg

QRpR9bd.jpg

ENOfBc0.jpg

Bag came with black dust bag which is same as my other Chanel dustbags and box as well. I didn't get anything else with the bag, but I've been thinking the supplementary material would maybe be easiest to copy, and this bags craftsmanship looks terribly great to me.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Yes, thank you for the pictures, the zipper looks off, that zipper is for reissue I believe, the sticker is a give away, with the newer bag, why on earth one would tampered the hologram sticker? I am so sorry that you are going through this, hope you get your money back and thank you very much for posting this up for us to watch out for. Really appreciated, this is the 2nd bag this month that I read about super fake. Most of them are jumbo size. Scary.

Jenita143 and Le.everlynn, thanks for your replies.

Lately I've been checking a lot theYoogi's closet and fashionphile, especially their selling Jumbos. I’ve beensearching so much information also about superfakes and haven’t come across this quality.

I also went to the boutique and honestly only the card is indicator and bothers me. I’ve read some owners actually peel off the stickers after buying, because it’s not actually a serial for authenticity, but for factory’s tracking? Anyway I don’t get it, but have read about it. Zippers and example the interior color may differ depending on the year of production, but the ones I saw on boutique had same details, smell, zipper and all I kept thinking was I’m having fake card with authentic bag.

I even watched videos where authentic flaps had some craftsmanship issue such as balanced placement of the double flapand that makes me thinking about the quality differences between the superfakes and authentic ones.

What I also found very puzzling, is why to pay so much attention and qualitymaterial to craftsmanship of this bag, andforget periods from card? I mean all the fakes I’ve searched from internet have correct text in the card, but have rainbow effect and font problems. Hope you get what I mean. At least I found this really strange!

If you have time and desire to take a look, here is good example for authentic bag at Yoogis from same production year. If you compare these two, it’s quite scary.

http://imgur.com/a/mWqmC

http://www.yoogiscloset.com/chanel-black-quilted-lambskin-leather-classic-jumbo-double-flap-bag-47168.html

I’m sorry if I am confusing, it’s justthis crazy situation. I just wanted to share my thoughts and experience withyou guys, since I’ve been thinking this a lot lately and someone may come across it and be in this situation as well. Thanks again for your effort.

After this one I understand why such advanced company Etinceler Authenticators no longer do authentication for classics beyond 15series and also Colourful Belle from the authentication thread is not longer doing that. For the future it's quite scary to buy pre-loved bags.

Last edited:
Hi!! I am new to Chanel but decided to buy my first Chanel on Vestiare Collective online Before the price increase in Europe. It is a Classic flap M/L in lambskin with silver hardware and it should arrive tomorrow or the day after. It is from 2014 with the number 18xxxxxx. I am now very scared that it could be a superfake and that I would not know...This is very scary to me and I paid 3050 euros for the bag. I now that Vestiare Collective authenticate all bags but I read here on Purse Forum that they had said that some fake bag accually are real but they were fake.

I have a friend who has a Chanel Classic flap M/L i caviar and gold hardware. If I would compare these to bags and look at details, would I be able to spot a super fake??

Does anyone know a good Place in Europe where you can authenticate Chanel bags??

all Chanel bags should have the hologram sticker inside, even wallets and minis. the exception would be bags you bought second-hand ; they could have removed the sticker or damaged the sticker, or had the interior reconditioned and the sticker would be ripped out. the authenticity card should also come with each new item, but my friend once made a purchase at Saks and she didn't get the authenticity card, so it sometimes happens that authentic items are missing a component, but never the sticker (unless purchased used). the WOCs do not come with a dustbag, so it does vary somewhat based on what product you buy.

Thank you. Your post made me look harder and another kind tpfer guided me to the location of the hologram on the mini. So found them on both items. Both items were from chanel boutiques.