Best way to 'detax' after H in Europe

Have any one ever detaxed at Frankfurt airport?

I keep reading alot (here and the other forum) of detax steps for CDG but my flight has a transit/change flight at FRA so i was wondering if i should detax at FRA as its my last EU port (tho, I wont be coming into the city, just change of gates in the airport).

Thanks

Just giving my recent experience: I travelled in Spain and Portuga, but in returning to the US I had a connecting flight through LHR. I decided to try my luck with the De-Taxe in Lisbon as I knew there wouldn't be sufficient time to exit the secure zone at LHR between flights. Surprisingly, the customs agent at Lisbon stamped my forms and I mailed them there at the Lisbon airport.

Reactions: betty_cecilia

I keep reading alot (here and the other forum) of detax steps at CDG but my flight has a transit/change flight at FRA so i was wondering if i should detax at FRA as its my last EU port (tho, I dont think i will have to go out and come in again thru security or immigration, just change of gates in the airport).

Thanks

I keep reading alot (here and the other forum) of detax steps for CDG but my flight has a transit/change flight at FRA so i was wondering if i should detax at FRA as its my last EU port (tho, I wont be coming into the city, just change of gates in the airport).

Thanks

You can do the detaxe at CDG. If you have to see an agent, and they ask for your boarding pass, you can show both boarding passes (e.g. the CDG/FRA and the FRA/outside of EU pass) so they can see you are leaving EU. I always detaxe at CDG even if I am transferring through another EU airport or LHR. I have never had a problem.

I would avoid doing detaxe at FRA as a transfer passenger. FRA is a big airport and it can be confusing too. It can awhile to transfer depending upon gate assignments etc.

Worst case and CDG wont do it (I would be surprised though), the tax refund at FRA is usually near the security checkpoints (on the secure side).

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/best-way-to-detax-after-h-in-europe.178302/page-63

Wonder if mods can merge this thread into the larger one?!

I keep reading alot (here and the other forum) of detax steps at CDG but my flight has a transit/change flight at FRA so i was wondering if i should detax at FRA as its my last EU port (tho, I dont think i will have to go out and come in again thru security or immigration, just change of gates in the airport).

Thanks
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/demystifying-detaxe-shopping-in-europe.485260/page-2
I just posted here

By the way, is there any restriction of how many items (bags/shoes/etc) of luxury items we can detax? or is there a maximum amount that we can detax? (for example, can I get 2 bags in Chanel, 1 in Dior, 1 in Hermes, 1 in Goyard etc etc and detax all of them?)

I searched and read that there is minimum of 175 euros but i didnt find any miximum amount neither maximum # of items......

Thanks!

By the way, is there any restriction of how many items (bags/shoes/etc) of luxury items we can detax? or is there a maximum amount that we can detax? (for example, can I get 2 bags in Chanel, 1 in Dior, 1 in Hermes, 1 in Goyard etc etc and detax all of them?)

I searched and read that there is minimum of 175 euros but i didnt find any miximum amount neither maximum # of items......

Thanks!

No max. Shop to your heart’s content!

Question ladies, if I buy something in say Italy or Germany etc. and flying back to US but have a layover in London for 1-2 hours, can I detax in Germany or do I have to wait till my layover in London?

Question ladies, if I buy something in say Italy or Germany etc. and flying back to US but have a layover in London for 1-2 hours, can I detax in Germany or do I have to wait till my layover in London?

To avoid stress, you can try detax in Germany. If your layover is closer to 2-3 hours, the customs officials might not let you do it (saying you have enough time in London).

Also, be aware that for items purchased in Germany, the process requires you to submit the original receipt with the detax forms. For that reason, I always ask my SA for a duplicate receipt (or if I forget, I just make a copy).

Good luck!

Just went through detaxe at BCN, I didn't have any big purchases (no bag unfortunately haha) but I did shop at both the H boutique and the small boutique inside el corte ingles.

At el corte ingles there is an international desk on the level below H (near the back of the store by the linen department) that will prepare the forms for purchases there. Specifically for el corte ingles the associate working the international desk told me to go once when your shopping at el corte ingles is complete for your trip.

When you get to BCN there is a VAT refund section and electronic machines called DIVA. I left via Terminal 1 and the VAT refund section was in the back corner on same level as check in desks. There was a friendly agent helping people. Basically you scan your forms just like Pablo in Paris and if okay, leave them in either the yellow box or the global blue box for the credit card refund. The global blue box (one box!) was too small and filled to the brim so they appear to be underestimating the amount of shoppers detaxing. I had to write my credit card number on my forms before sending FYI.

If you want a cash refund (dont know if H allows it but I assume not, but it might be okay for the el corte ingles H), then you go through security and near security downstairs there is a Global Blue office for cash refunds. I was fine with the credit card so I didn't do this process.

BCN terminal 1 tip - if you want to visit the shops in terminal 1, go through security and if you are departing from D and E gates (mostly oneworld fliers) do not go through passport control. Once you go through passport control you will not be able to access the shops. Just after security you will see an option for other gates and some escalators. Take the escalator down and you can access the shops, then go back up and go through passport control and on to the D and E gates to board your flight and access VIP lounge (which is not that great BTW, the one in Barajas is better). Of course allow enough time for this process.

Just detaxed af CDG terminal 1 (T1) for a united flight leaving very early. I had read so many posts about extremely long waits that I got to the airport 3 hrs early, at 6 am and there was NO LINE. It took me literally 1 minute. I think it being a United-only flight probably helps to keep the traffic low. It was empty when I strolled by at 5 pm the night before as well (I was staying in airport hotel). It’s also very easy to find in T1!

Reactions: HavLab and lulilu