best plastic surgery clinics in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and girls,

Just return from BK after visiting ginger candy. For those concern, she is doing well although she is a little exhausted after the surgery so I doubt you would hear from her for a few days. I spend most of today in Ginger candy company, although I did make trip down to ID. After accompanying Ginger candy to her surgery, I went to speak with Anna regarding my surgery with dr shin tommorow. I choose not to speak with dr shim today, Instead I went over with Anna about the detail of my surgery. I ask Anna a few questions regarding the cadaver spetal dermis which Would be inserted to create the projection and the tip of my nose. We also went over the detail of my zygoma reduction and parannasal augmentation using dermis. Out of curiosity, I ask Anna about her view of paranasal implant as oppose to fat graft or dermis. And from What she told is that hardly any surgeon from BK would recommend implant to their patient. It is an option if the patient insist on using it, but a surgeon first choice would always be either fat graft or a more permanent solution would be dermis tissue harvested from one own body. To date, anna have never had a patients that she personally deal with who had silicone implant for the paranasal. I personally have chosen to go with dermis since it is a permanent solution to paranasal depression.

Me and Anna spend about an hour or so going over the type of nose I wanted. I show her several simulation that I created for my self and she even also created one for me. We compare pictures and ideas on what kind of nose look good on me. Several more simulation were created before we finally agree on the perfect nose for me. All this time you can tell that Anna is taking a real interest in my need, constantly taking note while I'm talking. I feel very confident that Anna is able to relay our discussion to dr shin very well tommorow.

Just before I left, I re-visited Ginger candy to make sure that she is doing ok. Her throat were a little sore, but other than that, her conditon is stable. The nurses there assure me that she is good hand and I have no doubt in that. Tommorow is going to be my turn for surgery. No surprise that I am more excited than i am nervous about my surgery tommorow.

I will keep everyone updated on my condition in a few days.

Wow, Shane u are incredibly kind. Wish I could be in Seoul so I could seek your advice too.

Anyway, what does Anna do? I hope I could relate my ideal features to her as well :smile:

Please keep us apprise of your updates as I am considering paranasal next.

Last edited:
Thank you shane77
Can you suggest me which hotel near BK? I'm sure to do the surgery at bk, but haven't decide the doctor yet, maybe after consultation. I alredy make reservation by email. They haven't confirm yet.
So after I get the confirmation from bk, I buy ticket, booking hotel, then just fly to seoul, right? I don't need accompany from local person who can speak korea, considering many korean can't speak english. I'm just avoid getting lost in Seoul. Huhuhu

You can try hotel highland. It is is relatively affordable compare to hotel sunshine which is also near BK. The cheapest at BK is 66,000 krw, which is is room that i am currently staying in. If you can find a buddy and share the cost, it would be much cheaper.

Whichever surgeon you decide to speak with, i suggest you speak with dr shin as well. He is a very knowledgeable surgeon who knows his stuff. I will have my nose, cheek revision surgery along with dermis for my paranasal depression done by dr shin tommorow. Before that, dr shin also perform my eyelid revision as well lateral 3d epicanthoplasty and I just loved it. Dr shin isn't the kind of surgeon who would shove all kind of unessesary procedures down your throat just for the sake of making money. He would recommend what you really need and will explain to you why your want may not be nessesary what you really need. I had to be really insistent in order to convince dr shin to do my cheek bone otherwise he wouldn't do it because he felt that I don't need it.

Dr hong is another good option. I saw Ginger candy who had her surgery done by dr hong and while her face is still wrap in compression garment, you can tell very vaguely that her looks has really improved. I was planning to see dr hong myself, but I wouldn't feel right having surgery at BK and not having dr shi. As my surgeon.

Hope this help.

THANK GOD SHANE!

I almost wired full payment to BK. 'Cos I am still interested to go ID... Geez... u r BRILL!

Glad I was able to help. And speaking if ID, I went to meet with Joanne today to clarified something that Ginger candy said about the draining tube from THR mouth. It turn out that the surgeon at ID have have opted the draining tube to be inserted inside the mouth instead of the behind the ear after jaw related surgery. I was told that this method were recently apply at ID so that's great news for anyone considering to have their surgery at ID but is a little phobic about the tube from behind the ear.

Wow, Shane u are incredibly kind. Wish I could be in Seoul so I could seek your advice too.

Anyway, what does Anna do? I hope I could relate my ideal features to her as well :smile:

Please keep us apprise of your updates as I am considering paranasal next.

Well, I would treat anyone the same if they were in seoul. I know what it's like to come to a forign country for plastic surgery alone. I been in that situation so many times and many time I wish I had someone there with me by my bed side when I come out of surgery :smile:

Anna is the head English constant at BK. If you ever decide to do your surgery there, Anna would be happy to go over every little detail with you as she had done for me. She is great person to be around with great personality. You will love her I'm sure:smile:

If you ever decide to go with paranasal augmentation, do consider dermis since its last longer than fat graft And feel more natural than implant. Actually dermis is permanent. So there're no need for repeated treatment unlike fat graft.

Lols!! I know it is so long. Need to prioritise my surgeries... Haha
Rhino is top of my list... Then i dont know. Will see in September when my braces are finished then I can access the situation :P
I want my boobs done too.. Ahhh if only I won the lottery!! Haha

mini v-line focuses on the chin only as opposed to normal v-line where its the whole jaw!!
So if you have like a long chin then mini v-line is more for you whereas if you have like square jaw and lobg chin probs v line be better!!
So many diff types of bone surgery! Haha
sorry for the late reply! yea, rhino is defo on the top list! it's right in the centre of your face, so after rhino had done, there will be a hugeeee difference! Same for the eyes too!

i think i have a short chin, but according to VIP, i have a receding chin. i'll see if i need any genio after i got my rhino! :smile:

Hey guys and girls,

Just return from BK after visiting ginger candy. For those concern, she is doing well although she is a little exhausted after the surgery so I doubt you would hear from her for a few days. I spend most of today in Ginger candy company, although I did make trip down to ID. After accompanying Ginger candy to her surgery, I went to speak with Anna regarding my surgery with dr shin tommorow. I choose not to speak with dr shim today, Instead I went over with Anna about the detail of my surgery. I ask Anna a few questions regarding the cadaver spetal dermis which Would be inserted to create the projection and the tip of my nose. We also went over the detail of my zygoma reduction and parannasal augmentation using dermis. Out of curiosity, I ask Anna about her view of paranasal implant as oppose to fat graft or dermis. And from What she told is that hardly any surgeon from BK would recommend implant to their patient. It is an option if the patient insist on using it, but a surgeon first choice would always be either fat graft or a more permanent solution would be dermis tissue harvested from one own body. To date, anna have never had a patients that she personally deal with who had silicone implant for the paranasal. I personally have chosen to go with dermis since it is a permanent solution to paranasal depression.

Me and Anna spend about an hour or so going over the type of nose I wanted. I show her several simulation that I created for my self and she even also created one for me. We compare pictures and ideas on what kind of nose look good on me. Several more simulation were created before we finally agree on the perfect nose for me. All this time you can tell that Anna is taking a real interest in my need, constantly taking note while I'm talking. I feel very confident that Anna is able to relay our discussion to dr shin very well tommorow.

Just before I left, I re-visited Ginger candy to make sure that she is doing ok. Her throat were a little sore, but other than that, her conditon is stable. The nurses there assure me that she is good hand and I have no doubt in that. Tommorow is going to be my turn for surgery. No surprise that I am more excited than i am nervous about my surgery tommorow.

Hi Shane! Thanks a lottt for sharing what Anna had told you about the paranasal augmentation! This is really helpful! Probably i should ask VIP what material they are referring to when said to fill in the depressed nasolabial folds! :smile:

BTW, all the best for your surgery tmrw! :biggrin:

everything is coming along great. i would say that i am 90% heal from my lateral 3D and about 70% from my 2 jaws. i still experiencing tightness around my cheek area due to scar tissue formation. that will take some time to heal as its only been like 3 months since my 2 jaws surgery. after my cheek and nose this august, i am going back next year for love band and fat graft.. after that i am pretty much done with the face. (finger cross) you going back next year right? do let me know when. maybe we might get a chance to meet up while we're there :smile:

Shane, Just read about the face sagging part if u do cheek reduction... =( Does ID provides any solution? Im old i dont wanna look older after the surgery...

Actually I arrieved about 5 minute after you left. Anna told me that you came and made up your mind about having surgery with dr hong. excellent!! That make the two of. Well not with dr hong per say, but with dr shin. I was actually held back by the traffic leading up to sinsa. Not to to mention I took the wrong airport bus which drop me about a mile from sinsa. Had to take a subway there. Luckily it was near by.

So drop by BK today. Weren't able to meet with dr hong since he already left. But i consider it a blessing in disguise. Fortunately dr shin were still around so i went to see him instead. To make a long story short, I decided to go with dr shin for my both my nose and my cheek bone reduction, as well as well dermis for my paranasal fold. I have also decided after many weeks of consideration to go with silicone instead of dermis for the bridge of my nose. I will have an alar rim lift and lowering of the columella. My nose will be projected using alloderm (cadaver tissue) and the bridge of my nose will be narrow with nasal osteotomy. I will have fat harvested and store to be use to fill in depression under the orbital region in the future, and of course, dermis harvested to augment my paranasal depression.

Ah great to know that you have decided. Mind sharing the fees? Can I use alloderm for paranasal? Cause i really dont want anyone to cut skin off my butt... lol..and i against the used of implants..

Hey guys and girls,

PLease be well Shane! Hope u are excited! :biggrin: New look in a couple of hours! Goodluck!

butternpancake said:
Hi Shane! Thanks a lottt for sharing what Anna had told you about the paranasal augmentation! This is really helpful! Probably i should ask VIP what material they are referring to when said to fill in the depressed nasolabial folds! :smile:

BTW, all the best for your surgery tmrw! :biggrin:

My pleasure, most likely they're going to suggest the same, fat graft or dermis. But i wouldn't be surprise if they suggest implant as well :smile: and thank for the well wishes:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.