Best fashion magazine?

I peruse Harpers Bazaar (U.S. edition), Vogue (U.S. and U.K. edition), GQ (U.S. and U.K. edition). Are there other editions worth perusing?

Is Vanity Fair or Esquire worth perusing?
I also pick up Elle and Marie Claire when I’m traveling and the March and Sept issues of Vogue Italia and Paris —oops I mean France since they updated it. If you’re into decor I like Marie Claire Maison.

My husband also reads GQ and Esquire. We both occasionally read Wallpaper and Monocle —but for Monocle I have to be in the right mood as the content can be lengthy, heady and heady. But informative.

I also pick up Elle and Marie Claire when I’m traveling and the March and Sept issues of Vogue Italia and Paris —oops I mean France since they updated it. If you’re into decor I like Marie Claire Maison.

My husband also reads GQ and Esquire. We both occasionally read Wallpaper and Monocle —but for Monocle I have to be in the right mood as the content can be lengthy, heady and heady. But informative.
Never heard of Marie Claire and Monocle, didn't find it on the list of "best fashion magazine" search on Google or it was below Elle, Vogue and Harper's Bazaar on the list. Esquire is good but I don't find it as good as GQ. How good is Vogue France compared to Vogue (U.S., U.K. and Italia editions)? Do they do anything differently? I now read Elle to satisfy my craving for a French flair.

Never heard of Marie Claire and Monocle, didn't find it on the list of "best fashion magazine" search on Google or it was below Elle, Vogue and Harper's Bazaar on the list. Esquire is good but I don't find it as good as GQ. How good is Vogue France compared to Vogue (U.S., U.K. and Italia editions)? Do they do anything differently? I now read Elle to satisfy my craving for a French flair.
Vogue France has a much stronger focus on jewelry and often has spreads that cater to a younger audience. I enjoy reading it to keep up my French comprehension skills, and some of the ads are the lesser known French brands.

I wasn't sure what you were looking for in terms of articles or editorial. If it's mostly fashion and you have any interest in the internal workings of brands, I'd consider adding Business of Fashion —and as you might guess from the name they focus on the commercial aspect more than the latest trends.

Monocle is focused on global cultural trends with a pinch of men's fashion but it's not trend or the latest collections so seeing what you're looking for I would skip it. Speaking of collections I also sometimes buy Vogue Collections which has no/little editorial comment, or ads but has photos all of the major shows. It's nice to see it all laid out like that in totality.

Marie Claire is one of the older French magazines; I believe it was founded in the 1930s. They have fashion as part of the editorial but there's a range of articles. When I was younger growing up in Canada, I appreciated that they took a more global approach to covering women's issues/rights/leaders (now that I'm older and live in NYC I see it's in a very Gen X kind of way, but at least they're trying). Marie Claire Maison has beautiful interiors that still feel accessible.

Vogue France has a much stronger focus on jewelry and often has spreads that cater to a younger audience. I enjoy reading it to keep up my French comprehension skills, and some of the ads are the lesser known French brands.

I wasn't sure what you were looking for in terms of articles or editorial. If it's mostly fashion and you have any interest in the internal workings of brands, I'd consider adding Business of Fashion —and as you might guess from the name they focus on the commercial aspect more than the latest trends.

Monocle is focused on global cultural trends with a pinch of men's fashion but it's not trend or the latest collections so seeing what you're looking for I would skip it. Speaking of collections I also sometimes buy Vogue Collections which has no/little editorial comment, or ads but has photos all of the major shows. It's nice to see it all laid out like that in totality.

Marie Claire is one of the older French magazines; I believe it was founded in the 1930s. They have fashion as part of the editorial but there's a range of articles. When I was younger growing up in Canada, I appreciated that they took a more global approach to covering women's issues/rights/leaders (now that I'm older and live in NYC I see it's in a very Gen X kind of way, but at least they're trying). Marie Claire Maison has beautiful interiors that still feel accessible.
Thx I'm gonna start reading Vogue France.

Gonna check out BoF and Vogue Business. Thx

Decided to read Esquire. Esquire, Elle and Harper's Bazaar are owned by Hearst. GQ and Vogue (Big 4 U.S., U.K., Italia, France) are owned by Conde Nast. All of them are worth perusing.

Reactions: renee_nyc
Ooops I just saw this, sorry! I think Robb Report is better for fashion/product and the other two are more about lifestyle with fashion.
Robb Report is more ‘traditional’ luxury to me; not a bad thing.
Yh RR is more luxury rather than fashion. I do find it worthwhile.

I've started reading Elle France edition. It's where the company originated. Vogue and Harper's Bazaar originated in the U.S.
I recommend Elle France edition. There are some luxury brands mentioned there that are not mentioned in Vogue or Harper's Bazaar.

Reactions: renee_nyc
Should I start reading: Harper's Bazaar Italia, Harper's Bazaar France, Elle Italia, GQ Italia, GQ France, Esquire Italia, Esquire France OR would it be information overload because I already read Harper's Bazaar US and UK, Elle France, US and UK, Vogue US, UK, Italia, France, GQ US and UK, Esquire US and UK, and Robb Report.

Last edited:
Should I start reading: Harper's Bazaar Italia, Harper's Bazaar France, Elle Italia, GQ Italia, GQ France, Esquire Italia, Esquire France OR would it be information overload because I already read Harper's Bazaar US and UK, Elle France, US and UK, Vogue US, UK, Italia, France, GQ US and UK, Esquire US and UK, and Robb Report.
It might feel like a lot. I can read some French so I tend to buy the French magazines. But I just came back from Italy and to my mind, the Italian design magazines are the best. Maybe buy a few for comparison eg. Esquire Italia/France and then decide if you want both.

It might feel like a lot. I can read some French so I tend to buy the French magazines. But I just came back from Italy and to my mind, the Italian design magazines are the best. Maybe buy a few for comparison eg. Esquire Italia/France and then decide if you want both.
I don't speak Italian or French. I just look at pieces to see if I'm interested in buying them.

I initially got the Italian edition of Vogue cos Wikipedia said "Vogue Italia is the Italian edition of Vogue magazine. Owned by Condé Nast International, it has been called the top fashion magazine in the world."

Then I got French edition of Vogue cos Wikipedia said "The Big Four, sometimes referred to as The Big 4, is the name given in fashion to the four most notable Vogue covers; American Vogue, British Vogue, Vogue France and Vogue Italia. The term is commonly used when a model completes all four covers and is considered one of the biggest achievements in the fashion industry."

Then I got Elle France cos Elle was originally a French magazine. I do think Italian edition of Vogue is the best. I don't really have a good reason to get Italian edition of Harper's Bazaar and Elle or French edition of Harper's Bazaar as they don't have The Big 4 concept in those magazines.