Best Facelift Clinics or Doctors in Seoul Korea

TBH, my list changes almost daily because I'm just at the begining stages of research. I've had plenty of cosmetic procedures in my life and I always do a lot of research before making my decision. Afterall, this is my face and it's not like I can hide it should something go wrong. My biggest fear is dealing with inexperienced or ghost surgeons.
Im like you in that I’m still in the beginning my stage of my research and I also do a ton of research before making my decision. My short list for facelift clinics at the moment are:

ASPS
Area88
Dasipium

I can find quite a bit on ASPS as they seem to be well known but can’t find much on Area88 except for botched surgeries by a former Dr Lee who is no longer there. Any positives/negatives you are finding on these clinics or any others I should consider? I did find a review on ASPS and Dasipium with pics on this forum. Nothing on Area88, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I quite like the clinics and Dr’s who don’t need to promote themselves all the time on YouTube and Instagram.

Reactions: pecansapples
Im like you in that I’m still in the beginning my stage of my research and I also do a ton of research before making my decision. My short list for facelift clinics at the moment are:

ASPS
Area88
Dasipium

I can find quite a bit on ASPS as they seem to be well known but can’t find much on Area88 except for botched surgeries by a former Dr Lee who is no longer there. Any positives/negatives you are finding on these clinics or any others I should consider? I did find a review on ASPS and Dasipium with pics on this forum. Nothing on Area88, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I quite like the clinics and Dr’s who don’t need to promote themselves all the time on YouTube and Instagram.
@Jukebe Have you seen BA pics from ASPS?

I've been trying to find before & after photos for ASPS and can't seem to find them. I know they have a book of photos at their clinic but I can't just make a trip to SK without having a surgery date already scheduled. I've asked if I could see some BA photos and they said only at the clinic during my consult. This makes the decision very difficult without seeing patient results.

@Jukebe Have you seen BA pics from ASPS?

I've been trying to find before & after photos for ASPS and can't seem to find them. I know they have a book of photos at their clinic but I can't just make a trip to SK without having a surgery date already scheduled. I've asked if I could see some BA photos and they said only at the clinic during my consult. This makes the decision very difficult without seeing patient results.
@EmmaDr
I have only seen the very few BA’s on their website and this review on ASPS posted here with BA photos:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/52-years-old-for-face-lift.997746/page-8

And while this person looks really good in her after photos, I would proceed with caution at ASPS for the following 3 reasons:

1) it seems their incision is in front of the ear (rather than following the tragus) which leaves a more visible scar. This is the easy, lazy and old-school way of doing an FL incision. They aren’t taking the time to hide the incision along the tragus which to me, seems like they are just trying to get as many patients through surgery as possible.

2) it also seems they placed the drains at the bottom of her cheeks, which seems a very odd place to put them. You’re going to get two tiny scars there from that. I believe drains should be placed behind the ears or the neck.

3) she received a random incision under one of her eyes?! I would be absolutely livid!!!

For these reasons, I’m a bit put off by ASPS though I just reached out to consult with them anyway. But after reading this review, they are at the bottom of my short-list unless they can guarantee placing the incision along the tragus of the ear and putting the drains behind the ears. But if they’re not doing it this way from the beginning, then they are probably not skilled at it anyway.

For clarification, here are the different incisions that can be made for a facelift that I found posted by an Instagramer and the gold standard (bottom two) are following the tragus.

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
@EmmaDr
I have only seen the very few BA’s on their website and this review on ASPS posted here with BA photos:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/52-years-old-for-face-lift.997746/page-8

And while this person looks really good in her after photos, I would proceed with caution at ASPS for the following 3 reasons:

1) it seems their incision is in front of the ear (rather than following the tragus) which leaves a more visible scar. This is the easy, lazy and old-school way of doing an FL incision. They aren’t taking the time to hide the incision along the tragus which to me, seems like they are just trying to get as many patients through surgery as possible.

2) it also seems they placed the drains at the bottom of her cheeks, which seems a very odd place to put them. You’re going to get two tiny scars there from that. I believe drains should be placed behind the ears or the neck.

3) she received a random incision under one of her eyes?! I would be absolutely livid!!!

For these reasons, I’m a bit put off by ASPS though I just reached out to consult with them anyway. But after reading this review, they are at the bottom of my short-list unless they can guarantee placing the incision along the tragus of the ear and putting the drains behind the ears. But if they’re not doing it this way from the beginning, then they are probably not skilled at it anyway.

For clarification, here are the different incisions that can be made for a facelift that I found posted by an Instagramer and the gold standard (bottom two) are following the tragus.
I had a consultation with asps before and it seems the head doctor is really,really old, hence the old-style ways. He also does not speak English and his explanations to his interpreter were very vague.
Can someone who reads Korean verify his age from the Korean doctors site?
If he has shaky hands, don't expect clean sutures.

6m is suspiciously low for a full FL. i did my mini at arc, a clinic that doesn't specialize in FL. Would you join the kkt groups or add me on KKT @ twobrokenchains? i'll drop you an entire list of clinics you can look at there
Can you drop a list of clinics for me too please? I am planning on going in May/June to get my eyes done. I am mid 40s and Korean. I am thinking of Braun too since their YouTube seem very good with transformation.

I am also going to check out Pop, thank you, Nana, and wink.

Hey guys I’m in Korea right now. A few girls I met in person through kakao got theirs done at Dasipium. They said they researched a lot and that was the best place. Price 11-13m (including other stuff like fat graft, lipo). There’s a lot of fake reviews on this site please do your research on Sungyesa and Gangnam Unni (on web browser with auto translate on).
Nothing comes up with Sungyesa. What is this? An app to website?

i am thinking of doing deep plane facelift ( 53 yo) and my mom (74yo) plan to do similar thing. ( her issue is laughing lines and double chin). can someone share with us their experience? Planning to go with Mina, Nana or JK. the thing is JK is very expensive. I read somewhere they charge 2-4x for foreigner. My quote from JK is the on the same ball park as one of the PS I contacted in Australia. Appreciate any comment about these 3 places (Mina, Nana and JK) Thank you
I found Nana to be double the price of a Korean Korean clinic where they only speak Korean or Chinese… my little experience so far is when I talk to more a foreign friendlier they charge at least 2x

Nothing comes up with Sungyesa. What is this? An app to website?
I’m actually in Korea right now and had a FL at Dasipium a week ago and recovering. I’m very impressed with the doctor’s methods and his sutures. The clinic seems catering towards the locals which is a good thing. I found this clinic thru lots of research and kkk group chats.

I had a consultation with asps before and it seems the head doctor is really,really old, hence the old-style ways. He also does not speak English and his explanations to his interpreter were very vague.
Can someone who reads Korean verify his age from the Korean doctors site?
If he has shaky hands, don't expect clean sutures.
Thank you for letting me know...I couldn't remember who had mentioned that/

I’m actually in Korea right now and had a FL at Dasipium a week ago and recovering. I’m very impressed with the doctor’s methods and his sutures. The clinic seems catering towards the locals which is a good thing. I found this clinic thru lots of research and kkk group chats.
Who was your doctor? Might be taking the plunge soon…

Hi Maccha
Hope your recovery is going great! I'm planning to have a facelift in May and Dasipium is on my list. Do you mind if I pm you here or on kkt to ask about your experience?

The doctor is great but management and interpreter is not. Lack of communication and professionalism when dealing with foreigners. I will post an honest review after my recovery. My kkk is matcha1216

Reactions: droid88