52 years old for face lift

Whoa, I am late in the game, speed-reading. @jsorchid, love, love your review. I think you may be the 1st asian smas reviewer with pics.
Results look great. What is this drain tube thing and how long were they in your jaw (2 drains or 1) ?
And where does it drain?
That sounds scary. Do all smas require drains? Omg, me scared for bruises, infection and scars .

@SheOnlyLooks25, that's a LOT of excised skin for smas. Who is this Utah ps , pm me if you don't want to advertise.
Now regarding the ponytail lift, where do all the extra skin go if no scar/excision. Does he tie them up in a ribbon, lol.

Dr Thompson of Utah Facial Plastics. That was his third SMAS in one week. He also does bullhorn lip-lifts.Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.06.17 am.png Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 9.02.49 am.png

A0E638B8-D58B-45CC-BC0B-627E9061CF61.jpeg F651C45D-D1F8-4169-BD39-0FB03A1E5264.jpeg
The area my index finger is pointing is hard where the draining tube was. The doctor said the line will resolve as firmness softens. There were tubes in each side of my cheeks and both laid in different positions so my face is uneven but others might not notice. The tubes were taken out the day after the surgery about 10am since there weren’t much output later as the nurse was draining it quite often. Also my left under neck is hard too, I think my lymph nodes must be swollen. I made myself watch the SMAS operation before deciding on the surgery. It was tough to watch as the thoughts crossing my mind the consequences of power outage, multiple bacterial infections that can eat off the skin... doctor accidentally damaging my nerves... but I don’t think I had any other choice as my skin was too loose due to weight loss and me being in my 50’s to have my skin bouncing back. The additionally having fg gave my face dimensions that was lost... having lips corrected will be emotional challenge as SMAS it self didn’t change my look. So far I consider the SMAS as only redraping my skin over my bones and fg inflating my cheeks. I also love my neck as rings around my neck softened. If I start to sag again, I would consider doing a second SMAS in my mid 60’s as long as my skin holds up.

View attachment 4257725 View attachment 4257719
The area my index finger is pointing is hard where the draining tube was. The doctor said the line will resolve as firmness softens. There were tubes in each side of my cheeks and both laid in different positions so my face is uneven but others might not notice. The tubes were taken out the day after the surgery about 10am since there weren’t much output later as the nurse was draining it quite often. Also my left under neck is hard too, I think my lymph nodes must be swollen. I made myself watch the SMAS operation before deciding on the surgery. It was tough to watch as the thoughts crossing my mind the consequences of power outage, multiple bacterial infections that can eat off the skin... doctor accidentally damaging my nerves... but I don’t think I had any other choice as my skin was too loose due to weight loss and me being in my 50’s to have my skin bouncing back. The additionally having fg gave my face dimensions that was lost... having lips corrected will be emotional challenge as SMAS it self didn’t change my look. So far I consider the SMAS as only redraping my skin over my bones and fg inflating my cheeks. I also love my neck as rings around my neck softened. If I start to sag again, I would consider doing a second SMAS in my mid 60’s as long as my skin holds up.

Very informative. Your jowls are gone and your earlobes remain intact !
Thank goodness drains were there only for 24hrs. You are a brave woman for watching videos beforehand.
It is nice of asps to let you stay overnight in their facility. I wonder if that it SOP for smas.

@jsorchid, you chose well. May I ask if you put a deposit and if you paid the whole thing in cash? And if you are fluent in Korean.

CBDE892C-22B7-4709-9DCF-10E696F10A6F.jpeg
Before picture on the plane to Korea, one week after FL and removal of sultures from lower eye lids, after 2 weeks FL and second fg, after 4 weeks and new digit perm. My ptosis correction was really added bonus. Still hardened areas to the touch but feelings are coming back more and more everyday. My hairdresser who knows me well said that I look very natural and wouldn’t think I had FL. I am amazed how my bags are completely gone!

E6007D4E-8760-448A-9DEB-D4B82A98F495.jpeg 5D8AF78E-1DDD-4896-9343-831D767E982F.jpeg
I am amazed! I felt small bumps behind my ears, I was afraid to look but had my daughter take pictures of bumps on both ears. Dr Lee hid buckling behind my ears so all my stitches around my face line up perfectly for smooth transition. If you have tried sewing of any kind, lining all the cloths evenly to match is pretty hard. (I am very precise to a fault), now I noticed that ever slight unevenness of my back earlobes are the price I paid for perfectly lineup incision lines. This doctor Lee at ASPS is a magician! If you go through RealSelf site, there are horrible pictures of buckling of peoples faces around the front ears... I didn’t want that kind of surgery so I took a chance going to Korea for the perfect facelift!

View attachment 4265026 View attachment 4265016
I am amazed! I felt small bumps behind my ears, I was afraid to look but had my daughter take pictures of bumps on both ears. Dr Lee hid buckling behind my ears so all my stitches around my face line up perfectly for smooth transition. If you have tried sewing of any kind, lining all the cloths evenly to match is pretty hard. (I am very precise to a fault), now I noticed that ever slight unevenness of my back earlobes are the price I paid for perfectly lineup incision lines. This doctor Lee at ASPS is a magician! If you go through RealSelf site, there are horrible pictures of buckling of peoples faces around the front ears... I didn’t want that kind of surgery so I took a chance going to Korea for the perfect facelift!
Really pleased for you @jsorchid! Your trip to korea was a success and you look great! Younger and refreshed. Good to finally see ASPS Dr Lee's FL work as he comes highly recommended. Do let us know how things are at the 1 year mark to check on longevity of his smas.

Reactions: clarisfromparis
@jsorchid, really enjoy reading your posts, thanks for sharing your ps journey. Beautiful results ! you look amazing!
May I ask whether your procedures done by general anesthesia or sleeping anesthesia? how is the scar looking now? Are you still liking your face lift results? would you mind sharing another update photo of the scars around the ears. Thanks :smile:

Wow @jsorchid the incisions have healed beautifully! No keloids! And your skin is still firm with a sharp contour. A+ FL.

Keloids happens if your body reacts to scars so it's NOT the surgeon's fault if it happens. I am an unfortunate one to keloid well actually as an Asian it's more hypertrophic scarring but even so it's very distressing as it takes years to flatten. Keloids are more common with darker skin.

Guys, as much as I find ps worth it, it’s going to depend on how satisfyied you are with your self. I finally look like myself but younger after three months, but not prettier than I was. I look some how older and mature but told younger looking which I embrace. My daughters finally like my face better after my fg absorbed, they said I look like myself and begged me not to do anything else. I am tempted to go back next year to refill my fg to even out my face. I can only say I would do this procedures again.... it wasn’t bad of journey and well worth it.... with the right surgeon!

Oh my goodness these brow lift results are amazing at ASPS. I don't have the wrinkles but would love my eyes to be rejuvenated like this. Finally ASPS best SMAS results from a halmeoni to sonnyeo, ie grandmother comes out like her grand-daughter. The rest of the results are just ok but these are amazing.Seoul ASPS AMAZING SMAS granny to grand-daughter.jpgSeoul ASPS unbelievable browlift results.jpg

I would love to get my eyes rejuvenated like that. I look younger but still there is oldness of my eyes coming through... FL can become addictive. I look very natural right now as swelling subsided and much fg absorbed. I am glad the doctor didn’t do my lips even though I would love fuller lips...