52 years old for face lift

I contacted ASPS and they replies promptly. They recommended fat graft and nose job. This is what they said: "You'd better to have fat graft and cut the hooked nose.". :smile: I never thought i had a hooked nose but seems I have one! They also do stem cell. I will definitely set up an appointment with them.
I also contacted Line and their prices are ridiculously high compared to their recommendations don't seem valuable for the price they are charging.
View Clinic seems more knowledgeable and they also recommended fat transfer. They price is close to ASPS.
MVP also suggested fat graft and the price is lower than both ASPS and View. They initially asked me if I wanted my cheeks to be done and i explained I don't want any bone shaving procedures because they cause skin sagging.
I also contacted Dream and they only suggested PRP and laser but I asked their cost of Rejuran and fat graft. They charge 1.5 million kwon for 4cc of Rejuran. Their fat graft is higher than Area88, ASPS and View. Talking to these clinic I started thinking they give foreigner some odd price to see how they react. Line is way off on their prices. will not even go to them for the initial consult.
One Korean lady I talked to told me that she paid 400000krw for fg few years ago... MVP price with fg is really good but I really didn’t know about their skills with SMAS as they don’t even advertise about it... at ASPS, one translator told me that there are 70 people working as there are 7 floors... they seem to be well running place. After the doctor has seen me for the follow up, the lady informed everyone via ear piece that the doctor is going to such and such floor... ASPS have one inch thick catalogues of their work all over the place... having said that I still will have to see my result to see how good ASPS really is. I do ceramic for hobby, I love curves and I am good at it even without much experiences, I can throw thin and the right curves better than people who have been doing for years as hobby... but my two teachers were always better because they do it all the time and they were real artists...I am hoping this doctor Lee who operated on me can read skin and texture like my teachers with the clay... and when he does the second fg, I hope Dr Lee is an artist and know where to tweak to get the perfect curves.... MVP did an excellent work on MissO with fg, Dr Seo really has talent with the fg, MissO ‘s face is really balanced without needing to be butchered... I lost too much volume and had too much excess skin for just the tweaking thus you see the big cut... Dr Seo only wanted small incision until my ear, I just let Dr Lee make the decision... now the bigger incision makes more sense... my neck is pulled evenly, not only in small spot to make things fit... my right and left incisions on the back are exactly at the same place when I touch them with my hands... initially I was surprised at how long the cut was.

JS you looked great even before the surgery! Very youthful and you didn't have much laxity to begin with. The pictures of your stiches also look great. Amazing how accurately and neatly they are place.
In my first communication with ASPS I got this impression they know what they are talking about and their prices are very reasonable. They seemed honest to me. I liked their recommendation in my case. They even explained where they will be injecting the fat. I am planning to see them on Monday November 12.
so far I liked ASPS and View. MVP is very prompt in responding to inquiry and they seems to know what they are doing. I also contacted Renovo Skin Clinic and their recommendations.
So glad that you are doing better and that healing so well. cannot wait to see your results.

View attachment 4241653
I wear ponytails a lot as I exercise. I am going to have my hair dresser cut my hair around the incision sites as if I have lot of baby hair... I don’t know how the scaring is going to turn out. I think my scars tend to turn white. If any of you have advice on about scaring let me know please!

Great shot and those are meticulous stitching. I did not know yours would extend to the nape area, thought they end just behind the ears. I am not probably heal as fast as you as I am close to 50.
You did great deciding on Asps. And correct about MVP not known for smas. An acquaintance of a famous pf'er who did mvp had her smas stitching unravel and open up. Plus, someone had cardiac arrest there for rhino last month and died .

View attachment 4241653
I wear ponytails a lot as I exercise. I am going to have my hair dresser cut my hair around the incision sites as if I have lot of baby hair... I don’t know how the scaring is going to turn out. I think my scars tend to turn white. If any of you have advice on about scaring let me know please!

It looks like the doc also gave you a neck lift based on the stitching. Your neck area looks totally rejuvenated.

Great shot and those are meticulous stitching. I did not know yours would extend to the nape area, thought they end just behind the ears. I am not probably heal as fast as you as I am close to 50.
You did great deciding on Asps. And correct about MVP not known for smas. An acquaintance of a famous pf'er who did mvp had her smas stitching unravel and open up. Plus, someone had cardiac arrest there for rhino last month and died .

If your neck needs lifting the cut behind your nape. If you are starting to have bands in your neck, if you pull your skin up to the nape you will see your neck youthful again.

728AA5C1-1FC8-4DE3-9C4C-764DD4267D5F.jpeg 6A5C6BA0-1A8B-4B2E-ABA7-CB481B39B82D.jpeg
Thank you for sharing. How is the operated area? Does it feel numb?
My initial plastic surgery journey began with only desiring to have eye bags removed... really the main problem was my right eye... if my right eye was like left eye, I think I could have waited another one to two years before needing the eye bags fixed. I think my right side face aged more than my left side of the face.

On Monday night after the surgery as soon as I could open my eyes, of course I took a picture of myself. What was surprising was that under the good eye which is my left eye with less of bag problem had an extra 1 cm arched curve incision under my eyes. It was a strange unnecessary scaring. My initial thought was did he over correct on the wrong side... what the hell I thought. I did ask him the next morning why he put extra cut on my good eye. His explanations didn’t seem to make sense as my Korean isn’t that good in medical terms and he didn’t elaborate either. He just reassured that I wouldn’t scar. I decided just trust the doctor. Still for the whole week until my stitches came off I still didn’t understand. Today my stitches came off... I still didn’t see why I had extra cut under my good eye. Until whole day passed and I kept on looking at myself.... then it dawned on me My doctor was anticipating a smiling line that was going to happen to my bad eye and put an extra line on my good eye to even both eyes... if he did not create that line I would have been uneven... at least that is my theory of why that extra incision is made... I will let you guys know more as I keep on healing... I never had real pain except for headaches for couple of days. Feelings around my right jaw line is coming back quite strongly today. The worst numbing happened to be close to my incisions around the ears.

Last edited:
View attachment 4243861 View attachment 4243849
My initial plastic surgery journey began with only desiring to have eye bags removed... really the main problem was my right eye... if my right eye was like left eye, I think I could have waited another one to two years before needing the eye bags fixed. I think my right side face aged more than my left side of the face.

On Monday night after the surgery as soon as I could open my eyes, of course I took a picture of myself. What was surprising was that under the good eye which is my left eye with less of bag problem had an extra 1 cm arched curve incision under my eyes. It was a strange unnecessary scaring. My initial thought was did he over correct on the wrong side... what the hell I thought. I did ask him the next morning why he put extra cut on my good eye. His explanations didn’t seem to make sense as my Korean isn’t that good in medical terms and he didn’t elaborate either. He just reassured that I wouldn’t scar. I decided just trust the doctor. Still for the whole week until my stitches came off I still didn’t understand. Today my stitches came off... I still didn’t see why I had extra cut under my good eye. Until whole day passed and I kept on looking at myself.... then it dawned on me My doctor was anticipating a smiling line that was going to happen to my bad eye and put an extra line on my good eye to even both eyes... if he did not create that line I would have been uneven... at least that is my theory of why that extra incision is made... I will let you guys know more as I keep on healing... I never had real pain except for headaches for couple of days. Feelings around my right jaw line is coming back quite strongly today. The worst numbing happened to be close to my incisions around the ears.
That is peculiar how he made a separate extra incision not hidden by the lash line. Hope the second incision heals and scar fades. I agree it is odd and there is no reason for it. Hope he didn't let a junior do your eyebags and then the junior messed up incising so low! Or maybe he started doing an aegyo sal and realised you wanted eyebag removal not aegyo sal creation?

Last edited:
That is peculiar how he made a separate extra incision not hidden by the lash line. Hope the second incision heals and scar fades. I agree it is odd and there is no reason for it. Hope he didn't let a junior do your eyebags and then the junior messed up incising so low! Or maybe he started doing an aegyo sal and realised you wanted eyebag removal not aegyo sal creation?
I am a nurse, there is professionalisms that we speak only the truth. I have an official letter stating and stamped that the surgery was performed by Dr Lee, as a professional I would never ever sign a paper stating something I didn’t do as I did... at least that is the way I only know and all the doctors and nurses I know. Even i know I would get myself into trouble we nurses only tell the truth at my work and we own up to our mistakes and report incidents... that thought alone would not even cross my mind... my collegues and I would not sign a paper if we did not see fellow coworkers waste narcotic disposal or collaborate a statement unless we are 100% certain, I never assume and we check things over and over... that idea you suggest is very disturbing.
Esthetically, that extra line makes sense when you look at it from distance... I will keep you informed but I really do not want to enter the realm of believing such unethical things... what is aego sal creation?

Last edited:
I am a nurse, there is professionalisms that we speak only the truth. I have an official letter stating and stamped that the surgery was performed by Dr Lee, as a professional I would never ever sign a paper stating something I didn’t do as I did... at least that is the way I only know and all the doctors and nurses I know. Even i know I would get myself into trouble we nurses only tell the truth at my work and we own up to our mistakes and report incidents... that thought alone would not even cross my mind... my collegues and I would not sign a paper if we did not see fellow coworkers waste narcotic disposal or collaborate a statement unless we are 100% certain, I never assume and we check things over and over... that idea you suggest is very disturbing.
Esthetically, that extra line makes sense when you look at it from distance... I will keep you informed but I really do not want to enter the realm of believing such unethical things... what is aego sal creation?
Sorry if I offended you. I only came up with possibilities as I was left with nerve damage as a private UK plastic surgeon did one breast but let his junior do the other which led to the nerve injury and inability to abduct my arm for several months. So even though I paid for him to do the surgery he let his assistant I had never met before operate on one side to save time. I was shocked to see it only took 15 minutes to do breast augmentation and 2 people operating at the same time explained it.

Google aegyo sal. It is the creation of a fold in the lower lid that is popular in korea and the incision would match that lower second scar.

Again all this is conjecture as you were posting that you did not understand what had happened and the surgeon's explanation did not make sense as your korean is not medical.

The problem with consultations in a foreign language is the possibility of a misunderstanding. I said bullhorn liplift yet the korean plastic surgeon agreed then on the day of the op did vermillion. I was just wondering why there was a second scar when lower blepharoplasty is done in the lash line and raising the possibility of aegyo sal creation ie smiling eyes (see image). In any case you are fine with it so don't fret. Maybe the surgeon was trying to explain aegyo sal to you perhaps?

For me, I was not okay with a scar along my entire upper lip and had to redo the op in the uk the proper way. In other words in my case, I had not received what I had paid for... operated by an assistant in the one case and in the other a different lip lift was performed after he took my money. I was told by a wise lady not to put surgeons on a pedestal as they are human beings, some good, some bad.

Aegyo sal is flattering and makes one look younger so a bonus.

Attachments

• 20181105_183905.jpg
    20181105_183905.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Reactions: Dilya
Sorry if I offended you. I only came up with possibilities as I was left with nerve damage as a private UK plastic surgeon did one breast but let his junior do the other which led to the nerve injury and inability to abduct my arm for several months. So even though I paid for him to do the surgery he let his assistant I had never met before operate on one side to save time. I was shocked to see it only took 15 minutes to do breast augmentation and 2 people operating at the same time explained it.

Google aegyo sal. It is the creation of a fold in the lower lid that is popular in korea and the incision would match that lower second scar.

Again all this is conjecture as you were posting that you did not understand what had happened and the surgeon's explanation did not make sense as your korean is not medical.

The problem with consultations in a foreign language is the possibility of a misunderstanding. I said bullhorn liplift yet the korean plastic surgeon agreed then on the day of the op did vermillion. I was just wondering why there was a second scar when lower blepharoplasty is done in the lash line and raising the possibility of aegyo sal creation ie smiling eyes (see image). In any case you are fine with it so don't fret. Maybe the surgeon was trying to explain aegyo sal to you perhaps?

For me, I was not okay with a scar along my entire upper lip and had to redo the op in the uk the proper way. In other words in my case, I had not received what I had paid for... operated by an assistant in the one case and in the other a different lip lift was performed after he took my money. I was told by a wise lady not to put surgeons on a pedestal as they are human beings, some good, some bad.

Well, the incision was only done on one eye vs both... so if they were trying to create that arguing sal look than I would be assuming the incisions need to be done on both eyes. For the aegyo sal under the eye, it’s too far from my under eye lid and the direction it was striving wasn’t that look. I guess we’ll just have to see. So far esthetically from the distance the extra incision appears trying to match my right eye that has aged differently. It’s quite a lot of guessing work right now after one week of surgery. I just read about a person who looked like a completely different person after couple of weeks... that seems almost impossible.

View attachment 4243861 View attachment 4243849

Hate it. The other term is Love Bands. It ONLY works on the VERY, VERY YOUNG when your skin still has the glow of youth. I have seen it naturally on young children and even then I am unsure about the look.

In your 30's and older it will look like EYEBAGS.

Hate it. The other term is Love Bands. It ONLY works on the VERY, VERY YOUNG when your skin still has the glow of youth. I have seen it naturally on young children and even then I am unsure about the look.

In your 30's and older it will look like EYEBAGS.
Funny how it is such an in thing in Korea. They also call it baby eyes. I tried to create it with eyeshadow. But doesn't work in the UK.

@jsorchid talk to a clinic translator about that second incision. I can see why it upset you as it was on your young eye. Try to focus on the positives, no neck wrinklles, tighter face etc. Your lower face will look younger than mine!