52 years old for face lift

Keloids happens if your body reacts to scars so it's NOT the surgeon's fault if it happens. I am an unfortunate one to keloid well actually as an Asian it's more hypertrophic scarring but even so it's very distressing as it takes years to flatten. Keloids are more common with darker skin.
I had a keloid or hypertrophic scarring from bullhorn LL which flattened with kenalog steroid injection. Try kenalog injection @SheOnlyLooks25. I had the injection a year postop and it still worked.

Reactions: Liv Florence
Oh my goodness these brow lift results are amazing at ASPS. I don't have the wrinkles but would love my eyes to be rejuvenated like this. Finally ASPS best SMAS results from a halmeoni to sonnyeo, ie grandmother comes out like her grand-daughter. The rest of the results are just ok but these are amazing.View attachment 4294180View attachment 4294181
Wow so that is what a brow lift does! I am trying to reduce the distance between my eyes and brows as I think my gap is too big! Opposite of brow llift. lol

I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Lee at Area88, November 12, for consultation. He quoted 18 mill KRW for an extended SMAS that to me is way too high, even higher than plastic surgeons in Beverley Hills.. I also consulted with Dream, View and many other clinics and all of them said I didn't need SMAS lift. Dr. Lee quoted 3.5 mill KRW for fat transfer. May I ask how much Area88 quoted for face lift? Please share your experience with these clinics. Good luck on your surgery.

Apparently Dr Lee from Area is a very specialized face lift surgeon with over 15 years of experience. Maybe his consultants get good incentives which might probably explain their high prices ?

I love how real you are. And how you set your expectations. I once had a consult as well and was told the naso folds and jowls will be improved but not 100% (more like 80%). And that there is no set date on long it will last. Facelift DOES NOT STOP the ageing process ! Longevity of it will depend on what your lifestyle is : late nights, alcohol, smoking, stress, sun-worshipping, daily skin care, diet, etc, etc.
I wish you a smooth and scar-free recovery. I will be following your thread.
Even though I haven't had ps yet, my consultation(since I paid for it) included tips on scar treatment. PM if interested.
Hi, if you don’t mind sharing your tips on scars treatment. I had lipo last year and is thinking of a facelift as well. Had me worry since my scars from the lipo is lumpy and reddish still. This makes me concern for the facelift. Thanks in advance.

Hi @jsorchid, my concern is having seen your photos before and after your weight loss is that this aging is chiefly due to the weight loss. You looked normal weight with a face that I initially thought was your daughter's 2 years ago but now you have a yoga fit thin body but the price is volume loss in the face.

Fat grafting does stretch the skin as does a facelift as it separates the skin from the underlying connective and soft tissues. I saw a lady in her 50s who had had a facelift here in the uk and initially looked great but now looks very saggy so much so I now understand why I have been refused a facelift as it is a temporary fix and the downside is worse sagging in 3-5 years. I have been totally scared off facelifts now. I just need to look at her current face and think no way. And in your current photo your face does not need a facelift just volume from natural fat weight gain.

I always say that my thrifty gene saves me from impulsive decisions. A Chinese friend who met me in London on several occasions said my face looked better at 100 lbs than 95 lbs and I too noticed how his face looked better when he too had gained 7 lbs.

I worry for you that asps has lured you to spend maybe over 20 million won as you have been quiet over the total cost. Remember how you said you went to korea to just get your lower eyebags removed?

I know you said you wanted to stay thin and like your body but you weigh less than I do which means below a bmi of 18.5 and perhaps at our age we cannot afford to go under for fears of osteoporosis and fat loss from our faces.

I am a worrier and knowing how traumatic it was for me to see my face after the first fg disappeared and left me with a saggy face I had never had or seen such sagging in my life, and made me regret ever starting on a fg journey as it had indeed stretched my skin. In hindsight I should have just gained a few lbs of natural fat weight and drank more water and only had fg to my upper lids.

I saw a friend have threadlift after extreme weight loss and her face looked windswept tight. I wish she had not lost so much weight as her before face with some weight looked so pretty and youthful.

You can still cancel for a refund. Somewhere I have the timetable for korean refunds. I just think both fg and smas procedures is too much separation and loosening of skin. As @Gats said you need to research fg at asps as we only know it for FLs and why did a 40 year old need 4 FLs? Is this an inherent flaw of FLs?

If I were you I would just get bags removed and ptosis correction with skin lid excision and removal and while in korea eat and gain back 5 lbs. This will naturally fill out and lift your face. Fg and smas is like 2 facelifts at the same time. Remember how Korea photoshops after photos! Best to meet real patients in person and follow them for at least a year postop. It concerns me asps has not mention how shortlived one fg is and not discussed free top up?

@MissOrange are you advising against FG?

@Mary Wang she had her facelift at Apgujeong Seoul Plastic Surgery clinic aka ASPS. The surgeon did a great job.

@angelface88 Fat graft is great for foreheads, temples, upper lids and malar cheeks. It tends not to last in the lower face as we move our mouths a lot so I drink +++ water every morning to reinflate my lower face. Not sure if the fat went down in my lower face due to getting lower face ulthera at the same time as fat graft top up but at least it is fixable with hydration.

@Mary Wang she had her facelift at Apgujeong Seoul Plastic Surgery clinic aka ASPS. The surgeon did a great job.

@angelface88 Fat graft is great for foreheads, temples, upper lids and malar cheeks. It tends not to last in the lower face as we move our mouths a lot so I drink +++ water every morning to reinflate my lower face. Not sure if the fat went down in my lower face due to getting lower face ulthera at the same time as fat graft top up but at least it is fixable with hydration.
Thank you.

@MissOrange i suffered the same thing with laser and in my research I have heard stories of ulthera causing this :sad: did you only notice it after the ulthera? Or did u start to see the sort of fat loss/sagging appearance before too?

Hi @jsorchid, How are you? As it has been over a year since your FL at asps back in Oct 2018, I was wondering if you could provide an update please. Has it been holding nicely? Any sagging return? Would you still recommend asps? Was it done under GA? Thanks!

View attachment 4255823
two weeks and 5 days after face and neck lift and 5 days after second fg. I just got home yesterday from Korea after being up 26 hours and dozing through out the day today. I unfortunately didn’t take good care of my second fg as I slept on my left temple and right cheek. I am just crossing my fingers. My left jaw area is still more swollen due to drain tube placement. The skin close to the incision lines close to my ears are still numb to touch and do not feel like my skin. The second fat injections are closer to my eyes which actually is giving me more youthful look. My second daughter saw me for the first time today and said I do look different but way younger. I must confess that I feel my fat appearance changes through out the day. I think I look the worst when I initially get up in the morning and feel like puffed up miss piggy and my eyes look tiny. I am going to adventure out tomorrow to buy some concealer for my eyes and tryout some eye makeup. This fuller cheek are not something I desired but I think I like them... I know that the final look won’t look this full. I still wish my lips were fuller. I may try the bull horn lifts after I fully recover.

Hi Jsorchid, thanks for sharing your facelift experience with us from ASAP clinic, ur facelift and necklift results looks fabulous!!
I love the way ur doc do the stitching that is so close to the ear.
How was their aftercare? Is Dr Lee the one who does the FL for u? =)
ASAP is well known for their facelift?

I am still looking for a good reputable clinic that can do revision on facelift..

Hi Jsorchid, thanks for sharing your facelift experience with us from ASAP clinic, ur facelift and necklift results looks fabulous!!
I love the way ur doc do the stitching that is so close to the ear.
How was their aftercare? Is Dr Lee the one who does the FL for u? =)
ASAP is well known for their facelift?

I am still looking for a good reputable clinic that can do revision on facelift..
Hi @Blessedapple, have a look at Dr Dongman Park at Bio Clinic. He has impressive deep plane FL results on his IG. Seems deep plane is longer lasting than smas.