Best brand overall?

mf19

Aug 16, 2012
Is there one brand that you use for almost everything? If so, what is it?

I'm planning to invest in a good quality brand (tired of buying this and that from different companies and just want to buy everything at once for that "every day look"), but am not sure which to go towards. Tried MAC in the past with bits from Smashbox, Nars, and Bobbi Brown... hope you can help!

I don't use one brand for everything, but if I had to, it would probably be Laura Mercier. Or Trish McEvoy, for her handy makeup organizers. Although, I could probably put the LM makeup into an empty TM palette...

My collection is varied but a majority of it is urban decay. Their naked line might appeal to you if you want an everyday go to. Naked flushed is a great face combo and the naked palettes are tdf. They also have foundations in the line but I haven't tried them yet.

I have an assortment of different brands.. right now liking Armani maestro foundation
& YSL touche eclat foundation & by terry

Lipsticks run the gamut.. Edward Bess, YSL, Serge Lutens, Guerlain, Armani,
Tom Ford, Cle de peau & Dior

I use mascara from Serge Lutens since I found it in Paris & as a back up
Edward Bess

For concealer, YSL touche eclat & by terry

Nail polish Rescue Beauty Lounge & Tom Ford

thanks everyone for your help!

YSL or Dior for overall makeup performance!
Got to agree! It's Dior and YSL!

I think I'm leaning towards YSL - They have great reviews for their foundation, concealers, and powders.. now just to decide whether the le teint touche eclat or teint radiance is better!

Are there any specific products you recommend from Dior - I've never used them?

I know for myself, I have to explore. Just b/c I like blush from one company doesn't mean their eyeshadows are of quality. I love Le Metier de Beaute's eyeshadows and lip glosses, but do not care for their powder/foundation products. I like YSL for the face, but don't care for their (scented) lip products or eyeshadow.

If I had to pick one brand, it would probably be Burberry. I like enough of their lip, cheek and eye products to consider it a brand to stick with. Otherwise, I'm all over the place.

I'll second Trish McEvoy and Laura Mercier for overall collections. I think Sunday Riley has the best skincare. Le Metier de Beaute and Armani have the best eye shadows and lip colors.