Being Banned From Coach Stores - Did You Read?

Okay...so if I understand correctly, it is only resellers who are being banned? I think this is actually a good thing. People go buy all the "hot" items then list them on eBay with the prices jacked up...then actual buyers who go into the store can't find the item they want and are forced to look on eBay if they want it. That doesn't seem fair to the buyer. I saw the emerald patent coin purse on eBay right after Coach.com sold out and it was marked up 200%! I buy a lot from Coach, but I always go into the store, and I use the bags that I buy or I take them back for a refund.

Okay...so if I understand correctly, it is only resellers who are being banned? I think this is actually a good thing. People go buy all the "hot" items then list them on eBay with the prices jacked up...then actual buyers who go into the store can't find the item they want and are forced to look on eBay if they want it. That doesn't seem fair to the buyer. I saw the emerald patent coin purse on eBay right after Coach.com sold out and it was marked up 200%! I buy a lot from Coach, but I always go into the store, and I use the bags that I buy or I take them back for a refund.

^^Well put!

They send letters to the customer and all of the surrounding stores, it just baffles me that they have the balls to go back! We had a customer banned from returning w/o a receipt and low and behold she came back to return- without a receipt!!! She knew what she was doing too.

I'm confused...why would a customer be banned for returning w/o a receipt? I thought that was one of the perks Coach provided their customers.:shrugs:

I'm seeing a lot of anger towards resellers here, but I don't really understand why. I mean, fair enough, there are those who really jack up the price, but for people like me who live nowhere near a Coach store or an outlet, eBay is necessary. In Winnipeg, 2-3 hours away, the Bay sometimes has Coach, but I think they jack up the price, too. I can understand the frustration for those who live near outlets and can't get what they want, but imagine the frustration of people like me who can't get anything at all!

Well, I ordered from the website once, and that was fine, so I'm not totally lost, but still.

Well said, girl!!! Here in PR people are banned from Old Navy (yes little ol' Old Navy). Women from the islands (St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. John, Dominican Rep.) come over and buy TONS of clothes (yes, I mean cartfulls...) to resell on the islands. I've actually seen them in action and its :wtf:.

I only buy stuff at my Coach Boutique, Macy's and the Outlet for myself or as gifts for friends and family. I don't buy stuff to resell on ebay but I know that some people do do this for a living. I myself only sell stuff from my own personal collection sometimes to make room for new items. It usually is 1 - 3 bags a year at most. I sure don't want to ever be banned from buying Coach. I really love my Coach.

IMHO, here is a prime example of why some people shoudl be banned. Remember a few weeks ago when we had a new member posting threads like "So upset I had to list my POND LEGACY BAG on EBAY" and other thinly veiled advertisements (that got her banned from tPF). Well, she also talked about how excited she was to be able to purchase a geranium pebbled leather legacy satchel from Coach 800 number since they were selling for so much on eBay. Guess what she did with that bag? Yup...for almost twice the MSRP. Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coach-Pebbled-G...5QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IMHO, here is a prime example of why some people shoudl be banned. Remember a few weeks ago when we had a new member posting threads like "So upset I had to list my POND LEGACY BAG on EBAY" and other thinly veiled advertisements (that got her banned from tPF). Well, she also talked about how excited she was to be able to purchase a geranium pebbled leather legacy satchel from Coach 800 number since they were selling for so much on eBay. Guess what she did with that bag? Yup...for almost twice the MSRP. Here is the listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Coach-Pebbled-G...5QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's not my listing, to clarify. I'm not the one who was advertising a Pond legacy shoulder bag, but I did post on there telling her and others that you could order the Geranium satchel. I am using mine and NOT selling it.

I wish they would just ban selling coach on ebay all together. Not only that, their should be some sort of buying minmum from the outlets. I will glady say that I did call chanel (albiet its not coach) and tell them of a reseller who was going around buying all the hard to find items and then jacking up the prices and listing on ebay...they investigated and now shes blacklisted for life :smile:

wow this is scary. Lucky for me I can't and I wouldn't buy $2500 dollars worth of Coach goods, but I think its wrong to ban people just because they buy lots of goods, even if its like TONS. In mahylicous's post Chanel did the right thing by investigating first. (Can you ban someone without proof? How can you prove it by other means than he-said/she-said?)

If Coach is really looking out for their customers, doing this whole regulation thing is not the only thing needed.... they really should accomadate those who live far from a coach or the outlet by taking orders. Now thats high quality in a company.

Now I like the idea of being able to buy on Ebay, but only for items I can't get anymore. Like bags that were released before I got into Coach, or items that are used and therefore reduced in price. But if it's something I can get from Coach directly I always would. There are way too many fakes on Ebay. I've only ever bought one bag on ebay and it was a bag that wasn't being made anymore. Thank goodness I lucked out with an authentic one, but that's a rarity these days.

From where I am (Australia) the problem isn't too much with eBay sellers (unless you caught my debacle/cry fest yesterday!) but there is a duty free department type store in Sydney which is authorised to sell Coach, they are selling the medium signature Carly for around $603 US!
How about that for a mark up!?

I have no problem w/ reselling.

However, if a girl has to miss out on the chance to get a bag she loves at the outlet price (but couldn't afford at retail price) because a reseller has bought it to make money off it, that is really sad, KWIM? I feel bad about that.

From where I am (Australia) the problem isn't too much with eBay sellers (unless you caught my debacle/cry fest yesterday!) but there is a duty free department type store in Sydney which is authorised to sell Coach, they are selling the medium signature Carly for around $603 US!
How about that for a mark up!?

Exactly why I dont mind that these resellers are selling on Ebay. In Australia we dont have access to any of these outlets so the markup is huge. I envy those in the US where there are outlets. I would love to be able to go to these outlets every month or so.