Beauty deals and finds

What are everyone's opinions about BB's concealers? Are they worth picking up or should I stay away? All of the concealers I've been using lately have let me down in a serious way.

Just for reference, I am looking for good solid coverage for my under eyes and for a bump or two on my face. And a long staying power. (If that makes any kind of difference)

^^^I was wondering the same thing. I want to try them. but I think that's one of those products that I may need test out at the counter. I do know that people rave about the eye cream in conjunction with her concealer for under the eyes.

All I can say is that I have tried her stick foundation (a looong time ago -- and while others I know have liked it, it was too much coverage for me) and I also have used her tinted moisturizer, which is more my speed. How about checking out the Makeup Alley reviews? Those are generally spot-on, in my experience.

^^^I was wondering the same thing. I want to try them. but I think that's one of those products that I may need test out at the counter. I do know that people rave about the eye cream in conjunction with her concealer for under the eyes.

My problem is that there are we don't have any Bobbi Brown counters around my area. (Even though her site says there are 2, which ticks me off) So I have to order online if I was it. I wish I had somewhere I could go and test them out though. It would be a lot easier than having to order blindly.

I never had success with concealer until I tried Bobbi Brown's. I use the corrector first and then the concealer on top. A light dusting of her sheer, yellow powder holds it in place. I love it! The concealer is very densely pigmented and substantial in its feel.

I purchased a small pallete containing corrector, concealer, foundation stick, and yellow powder through QVC a few months ago to try it (they have a 30 day money-back, no-questions asked guarantee). I even like the foundation stick, although I am someone who really doesn't need much coverage. I apply it with a sponge very lightly to even things out.

I am planning to get the full-sized, sheer, yellow powder as I've been using more of that than the other items in the pallete.

HTH!

I highly recommend the larger MAC skunk brush (#187)! It's a classic:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT146&PRODUCT_ID=772

I bought the smaller one to save some $ a while ago and love it...it does just what canada's says...but I am annoyed without myself for not just shelling out the bucks to get the bigger one, since it's easier to work with!

LOLZ! i did the exact same thing in an attempt to save $$$. they're both useful though. i love the small one for applying highlighter to my cheekbones. it makes it less stark.

swanky - personally, i do not like NARS powder blushes (or powder shadows). they are a very strange texture in my experience and you have to be too careful applying them because they are so streaky/heavily pigmented. i only stick it out with exhibit A because i love the color, but even then, i don't wear it all of the time because it sucks up too much time, imho. i think blushes are pretty easy to get right and i own them from all price points, but i would definitely say the BB > nars.

I never had success with concealer until I tried Bobbi Brown's. I use the corrector first and then the concealer on top. A light dusting of her sheer, yellow powder holds it in place. I love it! The concealer is very densely pigmented and substantial in its feel.

I purchased a small pallete containing corrector, concealer, foundation stick, and yellow powder through QVC a few months ago to try it (they have a 30 day money-back, no-questions asked guarantee). I even like the foundation stick, although I am someone who really doesn't need much coverage. I apply it with a sponge very lightly to even things out.

I am planning to get the full-sized, sheer, yellow powder as I've been using more of that than the other items in the pallete.

HTH!
I almost ordered that. It's still in my cart (or wish list). she was on the other night and I watched. I always learn something new from her. I love that her stuff is yellow based. I'm fair with pink and the yellow just really evens everything out and I don't look muddy or fake.

I think our makeup ban will be up by then. I am so ready to get some Bobbi Brown in my collection. I don't anything from BB now, but I def want the shimmer brick and concealer.

I saw that www.origins.com is having a F&F sale with 25% off most products (some of the gift sets were not included since they were marked down). Just wanted to ask for those who use orgins products what are your favorites????

Trying to do some Christmas shopping and saw a few things I thought family would liike. I used to use there products and wanted to try some more. Has anyone used their shampoos and hair conditioners?

HTH!

Have you ever tried Laura Mercier's concealer and loose setting powder, by any chance? I have these and really like them, but am running low -- since many of BB's foundation and concealer shades tend to be really yellow-based (which really works with my skin) I am considering trying the BB concealer. I was pretty impressed with the MUA reviews -- and that's a tough crowd. :lol:

I think our makeup ban will be up by then. I am so ready to get some Bobbi Brown in my collection. I don't anything from BB now, but I def want the shimmer brick and concealer.

LMS, it's so funny that BB, LM, and MAC are my three fave MU brands because I always think of LM/BB and MAC as being on opposite ends of the aesthetic spectrum...I mean, MAC is so theatrical and pigmented, with a real emphasis on the dramatic (not that you can't do natural looks with MAC, of course) whereas LM and BB are more about subtle, polished beauty.

Since you like LM (I have read your posts about it) I strongly bet that you will like BB. I think that BB's lip and eyeshadows are actually better in terms of color pay-off. The MAs are also really well trained, IMO.

If you are into gel eyeliner, BB's is flat-out amazing. It doesn't dry up like MAC Fluidline, and the color selection is wonderful.

Have you ever tried Laura Mercier's concealer and loose setting powder, by any chance? I have these and really like them, but am running low -- since many of BB's foundation and concealer shades tend to be really yellow-based (which really works with my skin) I am considering trying the BB concealer. I was pretty impressed with the MUA reviews -- and that's a tough crowd. :lol:

I have actually never used anything by Laura Mercier. I tried to talk to someone at the counter once, but found the salesperson quite rude and unhelpful. So, I've never been back! I'm a recent BB convert, and really love everything I've purchased so far.