Beauty deals and finds

Has anyone tried the Intensive Supplement Serum? I've been wanting to try her skincare, and have been having issues with dryness and dullness. Wonder if this would help?

The shimmer bricks aren't overly shimmery?
For me, NARS Orgasm blush is far too shimmery, I look like a disco ball :s
I'd like to try the apricot one, but I'm skeered!

You mean the apricot shimmer brick, or the regular apricot blush? I have the latter, and it ROCKS. It's kinda scary looking in the pan, but def. looks natural on. I am not a huge fan of massive shimmer myself (though I find that I am liking it more these days) and even in my shimmer/frost-phobic phases I haven't found Bobbi Brown's products to be overwhelming in that sense at all. Her aesthetic is def. much more on the low-key end...no chunky pre-teen glitter in this line! (Phew).

Her perfumes are my favorite along with Jo Malone--they are the only ones I wear.
Her facial scrub grains are great-you can use alone with water or mix with any cleanser you have. I also bought her facial cleanser--and use it with the grains. I would like to try some more of her products for the skin.

I have used her makeup in the past--love those shimmer bricks too.

You and I have the same taste in scents, it seems! I love Bath the best, but also have Beach and Almost Bare. I wish that she would come out with more products to layer with the Bath scent, since it's on the light side. I bought the Bath soap when it was out a few years ago and love it, but the spray lotion container left a lot to be desired...it's really messy to put on (but I put up with it because the smell is so fantastic).

In fact, the packaging on that item is the only dud I have ever experienced with BB.

I mean the shimmerbrick :yes:

I want to try one since it seems like everyone LOVES them, but I am shimmer phobe... if they'll go on very low key I'm up for it. But everyone also loves NARS orgasm and it's too "shimmery" {glittery} for me.

You mean the apricot shimmer brick, or the regular apricot blush? I have the latter, and it ROCKS. It's kinda scary looking in the pan, but def. looks natural on. I am not a huge fan of massive shimmer myself (though I find that I am liking it more these days) and even in my shimmer/frost-phobic phases I haven't found Bobbi Brown's products to be overwhelming in that sense at all. Her aesthetic is def. much more on the low-key end...no chunky pre-teen glitter in this line! (Phew).

The Nude Shimmerbrick would be a good one to try, it's the least shimmery of all the ones I own (copper, bronze, pink), it's more glowy.

I want to try one since it seems like everyone LOVES them, but I am shimmer phobe... if they'll go on very low key I'm up for it. But everyone also loves NARS orgasm and it's too "shimmery" {glittery} for me.

I'm with you on the NARS Orgasm...I don't like the excess shimmer in it, either -- or the color (since it doesn't show up on me at all).

I think we may be the only two people on the planet, though. :P

The shimmer bricks aren't overly shimmery?
For me, NARS Orgasm blush is far too shimmery, I look like a disco ball :s
I'd like to try the apricot one, but I'm skeered!

i think you might like the shimmer brick because it's a powder, so it's fine milled, thus a softer look than a cream formula. do you have a skunk brush? you might want to get one (i think there's a cheap/good one in the sonia kashuk stuff at target). anywho, a skunk brush will soften the look and distribute it with a very light touch, so you can gradually build.