Bearn vs Kelly wallets

Thanks! I'll have to go check it out--it's on hold for me! :smile: would that be the bi-fold?

I just looked at photos and it doesn't look like it has enough credit card slots.

If I am not wrong, the gusset version only comes in the bi-fold. I have one in pink lizard and I agree that the card slots are insufficient for a shopaholic like me! I either use Calvis for the extra cards or use my other wallets eg the Silkin longue and Kelly Longue wallets. Good luck!

Thank you all for your great input! I think I am going with the Bearn. Now the thing is I really want one with goldware and a bright color. This seems not easy to come by. I will keep everyone posted what I end up getting if I am able to get a hold of one. My SA told me there will be a shipment on this coming Saturday! Fingers crossed!

If you are in NY, there was a bright purple with GHW at Madison Avenue boutique yesterday!

Also: look at the Tri fold, it is very roomy!

I haven't looked at a bearn IRL, but my SA says it can fit an iPhone. Does anyone have one that fits a phone--could it be a trifold?

Yes, as periogirl mentioned the bifold with gusset can fit an iphone 5. It has 5 CC slots.
The trifold does not have a gusset and can not fit an iphone but has 10 CC slots.

I personally use the bifold with gusset + a calvi card case for all the loyalty/reward cards etc.

Yes, as periogirl mentioned the bifold with gusset can fit an iphone 5. It has 5 CC slots.
The trifold does not have a gusset and can not fit an iphone but has 10 CC slots.

I personally use the bifold with gusset + a calvi card case for all the loyalty/reward cards etc.

Thanks! I think 5 card slots are enough for everyday use. I'll have to look into what a calvi is. :smile: My intention is to use it as a quick grab and go and to put it in my diaper bag.... :smile:. The alternative is a Constance wallet, I think the Kelly wallet straps would be too cumbersome to use.

Thanks! I think 5 card slots are enough for everyday use. I'll have to look into what a calvi is. :smile: My intention is to use it as a quick grab and go and to put it in my diaper bag.... :smile:. The alternative is a Constance wallet, I think the Kelly wallet straps would be too cumbersome to use.

Calvi is a little card case - having a separate card case is great so one doesn't overstuff the wallet to the point of explosion (as I usually do!) I adore the look of the Kelly wallet but agree that fiddling with the straps all the time seems like it would more trouble than I would be willing to deal with. I adore Bearn wallets and have for years, but have never been lucky enough to have one. Looking forward to hearing what you end up with and how you like it!

photo1_zpsf38eed65.jpg

I decided to go for the Bearn Bi-fold with Gusset in Rose Tyrien and it is perfect! Fits my cards, money and iPhone! :smile:
I got to compare it to the Kelly and the Bearn is more compact! Thanks, periogirl28, lilneko69 and Luvbolide for helping me to decide!

On a different note, does anyone use their Kelly wallet with the straps completely undone under the secured flap, like the handbag?

Yes I do when I get fed up of going in and out of it all the time. I don't use it very often and tend to stick with my bearn wallets. I use my kelly more on an evening with my phone in it

Yes I do when I get fed up of going in and out of it all the time. I don't use it very often and tend to stick with my bearn wallets. I use my kelly more on an evening with my phone in it

Wow! Thanks for your insight! I am loving this bearn wallet. I am wondering how well the epsom holds up. Do you use your bearns on an every day basis? Someone had mentioned to me that it is not an everyday wallet, but that is my intention for its use.

On a different note, does anyone use their Kelly wallet with the straps completely undone under the secured flap, like the handbag?

yes i do, when i know i will be using it a lot on the day. the straps are what makes the wallet special and i never found it cumbersome..same applies to the bag! it is all part of the kelly experience :smile:

Wow! Thanks for your insight! I am loving this bearn wallet. I am wondering how well the epsom holds up. Do you use your bearns on an every day basis? Someone had mentioned to me that it is not an everyday wallet, but that is my intention for its use.

I do use my 2 non exotic bearn wallets every day, these are in chèvre and I've had one over 5 years now. So far the chèvre has held up really well and still looks like new. I can't comment on Epsom as I don't have one in that. I think these items are made to be used, so go enjoy.