Bbag, good for nights out? What do you use yours for?

I definitely prefer the first over the city! And I think the first is great for evenings out...but for a wedding, I'm not sure. It might be too casual, especially in black? I guess it depends on the wedding and what you're wearing...

hmmm, when i think black first, i think "motorcycle" chic with an edge, not really weddings. more like fun bars, even dinner.

what about an envelope clutch in a lighter color for weddings?

i don't think anyone can go wrong with a black first!

my 04 is on hold with RDC and while it's a smaller bag i know i will use it constantly in the evenings and when i'm out

I think the first is the perfect size for going out -- I recently bought a black one (I also have a bordeaux), and I love it! I think it could be used at a weddng, depending on what else you are wearing and the time of the wedding. If it's an evening wedding, sure!

I would not go out and buy a designer bag just to wear to a few weddings that will not also be able to be used daily afterward.

I think the first would be fine - as long as you could coordinate with what you are wearing.

Sorry, but I don't think I would use a black first because its too casual for a wedding. I think a wedding is rather formal since people are wearing cocktail dresses, evening gowns, and suits, etc.

I think structured bags/clutches in patent or satin are more appropriate or bags like a Chanel flap w/ a chain.

I definitely prefer the first over the city! And I think the first is great for evenings out...but for a wedding, I'm not sure.

ITA A first is really perfect to go out in the evening, I love it! For a wedding I think it's too casual. I have a wedding soon and made me the same question and finally I am not going to use my first.