Barbara Walters

Harvey is in a league of his own.
I agree with you that him being emotionally abused by his mother, somewhat explained his behaviors but does not excuse it.
Thankfully, he is where he belongs right now.
As far as Ms Walters, she was a pioneer. Representation matters.
Nevertheless, her interview with Corey was reprehensible.
I watched part of her interview for ABC last night and she comes across as a formidable self promoter.
I think many criminals and psychopaths are that way because of their miserable childhoods/parents but it doesn't excuse their behavior. I feel sorry for children who grow up in such households. "Traumatic Childhood Events" is actually something being closely studied now. I watched some of BW's interviews on TV when I was younger and watched The View when it first started, and she came off as knowledgable and a bit arrogant to me, but hard to claw her way to the top, especially in that day and age. I respect her for achieving what she did as a female journalist in an ocean of males. I enjoyed her on 20/20 with Hugh Downs, one of my favorites. I didn't see her interview with Corey Feldman, but sadly many people didn't believe him or many others. A lot of people failed victims in that department; I don't think she deserves to be singled out.

Last edited:
I think many criminals and psychopaths are that way because of their miserable childhoods/parents but it doesn't excuse their behavior. I feel sorry for children who grow up in such households. "Traumatic Childhood Events" is actually something being closely studied now. I watched some of BW's interviews on TV when I was younger and watched The View when it first started, and she came off as knowledgable and a bit arrogant to me, but hard to claw her way to the top, especially in that day and age. I respect her for achieving what she did as a female journalist in an ocean of males. I enjoyed her on 20/20 with Hugh Downs, one of my favorites. I didn't see her interview with Corey Feldman, but sadly many people didn't believe him or many others. A lot of people failed victims in that department; I don't think she deserves to be singled out.

Well stated, she did claw her way to the top but she doesn't deserve the comment "rot in hell"
not to be repetitive in other posts I have made
What can we say about VP upbringing? His mother as well??