Barbara Walters

And who tried to bait Ricky Martin into coming out before he was ready. (Granted, she did call it one of her regrets.)

It’s unfortunate Corey Feldman is not taken seriously because he’s considered eccentric and messy but I think people can watch that interview now with the benefit of hindsight and see that Babs’ was not cool.

I hate saying she can rot in hell, and she was important to women in journalism but she’s had some cringe-y moments.
In spite of her cringe-y moments and her regrets, not agreeing that she can "rot in hell", JMO
There are others who seem to be more deserving of that comment including HW who is still alive
The spectrum of her work, her influence on women breaking into the world of journalistic tv,
her charitable work & her work & support for New Horizons, etc speaks for itself.
May she rest in peace..

Last edited:
In spite of her cringe-y moments and her regrets, not agreeing that she can "rot in hell", JMO
There are others who seem to be more deserving of that comment including HW who is still alive
The spectrum of her work, her influence on women breaking into the world of journalistic tv,
her charitable work & her work & support for New Horizons, etc speaks for itself.
May she rest in peace..
HW?

Harvey Weinstein...

It does creep me out that she had a relationship with roy cohn but again, that doesn't mean she should rot in hell

There are many public figures who have & had creepy & unsavory relationships, recognizing that their
questions might not have been in good taste or have been appropriate at the time.
Walters always wanted to "get the story or get the scoop" & was competing against others in the
world of journalism, but IMO not deserving of the comment.

Harvey Weinstein...
of course
I'll probably be bashed for this but I have a tiny bit of sympathy for him. he's a bad guy and deserves his punishment. but he had an overbearing abusive mother and he apparentlly took after her. ironically when he and his brother got rich they took good care of the evit biatch.

May she rest in peace..

Well, not every sinner is a saint or saint is a sinner. Or whatever that phrase is. I think Barbara told on herself and spilled her own tea in her autobiography anyhow.

I didn’t really agree with the rot in hell comment, but I think ignoring that clip with Corey Feldman is… a choice.

I think people don't necessarily realize the tremendous damage that is done by not believing victims, how it actually re-victimizes them; let alone allows the abuse to continue and others to be victimized.
Imagine if someone in her position had believed Corey and maybe started or encouraged an investigation, how many people could have been saved.
She was a powerful person at that time.
Instead she didn't believe him and it just was shoved under the rug .
Ok I will step off my soap box.

• Insightful
Reactions: limom
Baba Wawa awaits ....

Daily Sally: Barbara Walters Really Is Baba Wawa

Well, not every sinner is a saint or saint is a sinner. Or whatever that phrase is. I think Barbara told on herself and spilled her own tea in her autobiography anyhow.

I didn’t really agree with the rot in hell comment, but I think ignoring that clip with Corey Feldman is… a choice.
Oscar Wilde, " Every saint has a past & every sinner a future"
BW may have made a poor decision which appears she later regretted & she along with many public
figures have made bad decisions & still continue to do so. Apologies are still forthcoming from people
in powerful positions that should have & could have been more pro-active
And whatever BW disclosed in her autobiography may have cleared her conscious for all the misjudgments
she may have made
The comment may she "rot in hell", IMO is undeserved

Last edited:
I'll give her this: she did research her interview subjects very thoroughly, reading everything and anything she could find about them, their autobiographies, newspaper and magazine articles, etc. She got interviews with some people who wouldn't talk to anybody else. She did work very hard. On the flip side, she was content with combining news with sensationalism and made a fortune doing it. I'm happy for anybody who makes tons of money (there are exceptions), if she hadn't done it somebody else would have started the trend anyway. Many people are too lazy or just simply incredibly naive to research news topics, and it's a sad commentary that it's necessary to do so these days instead of relying on any single agenda driven news outlet.

Reactions: Chanbal
of course
I'll probably be bashed for this but I have a tiny bit of sympathy for him. he's a bad guy and deserves his punishment. but he had an overbearing abusive mother and he apparentlly took after her. ironically when he and his brother got rich they took good care of the evit biatch.
Harvey is in a league of his own.
I agree with you that him being emotionally abused by his mother, somewhat explained his behaviors but does not excuse it.
Thankfully, he is where he belongs right now.
As far as Ms Walters, she was a pioneer. Representation matters.
Nevertheless, her interview with Corey was reprehensible.
I watched part of her interview for ABC last night and she comes across as a formidable self promoter.