Barbara Walters

Barbara Walters, the trailblazing television news broadcaster and longtime ABC News anchor and correspondent who shattered the glass ceiling and became a dominant force in an industry once dominated by men, has died. She was 93.

Walters joined ABC News in 1976, becoming the first female anchor on an evening news program. Three years later, she became a co-host of "20/20," and in 1997, she launched "The View."

In a career that spanned five decades, Walters won 12 Emmy awards, 11 of those while at ABC News.

She made her final appearance as a co-host of "The View" in 2014, but remained an executive producer of the show and continued to do some interviews and specials for ABC News.

"I do not want to appear on another program or climb another mountain," she said at the time. "I want instead to sit on a sunny field and admire the very gifted women -- and OK, some men too -- who will be taking my place."

You mean the woman who told Corey Feldman he was destroying the industry for saying there are pedophiles who abused him and Corey Haim?
She can go rot in hell
And who tried to bait Ricky Martin into coming out before he was ready. (Granted, she did call it one of her regrets.)

It’s unfortunate Corey Feldman is not taken seriously because he’s considered eccentric and messy but I think people can watch that interview now with the benefit of hindsight and see that Babs’ was not cool.

I hate saying she can rot in hell, and she was important to women in journalism but she’s had some cringe-y moments.

And who tried to bait Ricky Martin into coming out before he was ready. (Granted, she did call it one of her regrets.)

It’s unfortunate Corey Feldman is not taken seriously because he’s considered eccentric and messy but I think people can watch that interview now with the benefit of hindsight and see that Babs’ was not cool.

I hate saying she can rot in hell, and she was important to women in journalism but she’s had some cringe-y moments.
right...it's one thing to say that wasn't cool or that was poor judgement or whatever
but rotting in hell should be saved for worse people

right...it's one thing to say that wasn't cool or that was poor judgement or whatever
but rotting in hell should be saved for worse people
I think that interview was also filmed pre #MeToo (but maybe someone can confirm!) I absolutely whole-heartedly believe if that interview were filmed today in 2023, the conversation on that couch would’ve gone far, far differently.

I think that interview was also filmed pre #MeToo (but maybe someone can confirm!) I absolutely whole-heartedly believe if that interview were filmed today in 2023, the conversation on that couch would’ve gone far, far differently.
I'm sure is was before me too....she hasn't been seen in public for years, never mind doing interviews