~Ban Island~ Moral Support! ~Let’s Resist Temptation Together!~

You are such a sweetie!!! :hugs:I’m a US 8.5 (or 9 for more narrow, pointy shoes) I need nay brand of cute ankle boots, knee high boots and would love regular heels in Choos, McQueens or YSL Tributes.
What I’ve found so far... I stuck with those brands for the boots also. Let me know if these are close to what you’re looking for xx

Attachments

• 718E419A-1877-4F78-BCFF-505F6709EDA8.png
    718E419A-1877-4F78-BCFF-505F6709EDA8.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 323
  • E69B4AEF-F3A1-425C-A6CF-862B5FE08A3D.png
    E69B4AEF-F3A1-425C-A6CF-862B5FE08A3D.png
    446.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 58B78A99-6D2B-46F5-95B3-5A8B293859A3.png
    58B78A99-6D2B-46F5-95B3-5A8B293859A3.png
    493.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 4C2C47DA-2C1E-41A9-8454-9183482C5AA2.png
    4C2C47DA-2C1E-41A9-8454-9183482C5AA2.png
    469.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 975E312E-97CC-40D5-808D-CEE8771103F8.png
    975E312E-97CC-40D5-808D-CEE8771103F8.png
    472.1 KB · Views: 326
  • E698A1B9-F6ED-47C2-A33B-8E835FC6A3BF.png
    E698A1B9-F6ED-47C2-A33B-8E835FC6A3BF.png
    444 KB · Views: 319
Reactions: pianolize
Black Friday ads are torture since I’m on “ban” for anything for $300 until 2019. It’s not fair!! Lol. So many cute shoes going on sale UGH. I look still to think of what could’ve been
Shoes are one of those categories I prefer buying from 2nd hand market in brand new condition or just tried on. It's easily 70-90% off from MSRP. You know you need to be on ban island because you've already too many shoes already. Don't be silly and spend on something you don't use enough. Stay strong! :hugs: (No offense intended.)

Shoes are one of those categories I prefer buying from 2nd hand market in brand new condition or just tried on. It's easily 70-90% off from MSRP. You know you need to be on ban island because you've already too many shoes already. Don't be silly and spend on something you don't use enough. Stay strong! :hugs: (No offense intended.)
Ahh! Probably not a bad idea. Haha thank you for the moral support. All bets are off if the Chanel sale has a pair or two I want but otherwise staying strong

Anyone got tired of Black Friday ads? This is first time for a long time that I felt very irritated on my way to work this morning - probably because I can't/don't want to join to shopping spree.
Me!
i keep deleting all the alerts, and don't check the sales/sites
this year it was way more easier to resist the sales, i would even say it came naturally

Reactions: ipsum
So this year, I bought two bags that I’m really happy about: LV Iena (tote for work) and an Hermès Evelyne (for play).

I’m on a bag ban and generally think I don’t need any more bags. But I can’t stop thinking about the Gucci Marmont bag in nude.

Ugh. It’s so cute and looks functional. But it is trendy, it probably will wear terribly, and I don’t need another bag.

Help!!!

Reactions: Nyc_chihuahua
So this year, I bought two bags that I’m really happy about: LV Iena (tote for work) and an Hermès Evelyne (for play).

I’m on a bag ban and generally think I don’t need any more bags. But I can’t stop thinking about the Gucci Marmont bag in nude.

Ugh. It’s so cute and looks functional. But it is trendy, it probably will wear terribly, and I don’t need another bag.

Help!!!

I put bags like this on a wish list. It’s a maybe one day—instead of a never. Somehow that helps me, let’s me stop thinking about it so much!

Help!!!

I’m on ban from bags also until at least February but I also have my eyes on a Gucci bag (small Dionysus velvet in black with GG logos) ughhhhh
I also got a pair of Loubs on sale but they’re technically a gift from my boyfriend soooo that doesn’t count

Reactions: nycmamaofone
I put bags like this on a wish list. It’s a maybe one day—instead of a never. Somehow that helps me, let’s me stop thinking about it so much!

That's actually really a good tip.
I need to be on here now, I really overspent in November. I have already committed to one new bag from Laurel Dasso (that I need to find the funds to pay for but I can't back out of at this point) but once that is paid , then that's it for any bags or fashion of any kind for a long time. I really need to tighten the purse strings!

Reactions: jill39
That's actually really a good tip.
I need to be on here now, I really overspent in November. I have already committed to one new bag from Laurel Dasso (that I need to find the funds to pay for but I can't back out of at this point) but once that is paid , then that's it for any bags or fashion of any kind for a long time. I really need to tighten the purse strings!

Yup! I’m on ban until my birthday in April. Totally get it!

Hi ladies. I’ve been here before but really struggle with a ban. This year I’ve added 5 Hermes bags (including an exotic) and 2 LV bags to my collection (I did sell 3 bags as well), and also quit my job to return to school full time and we’re expecting a baby next spring! I need to make a home on ban island, other than baby stuff, and stay here!! I have all the maternity clothes I could need, all the bags and H accessories I could ever use in a lifetime, and yet it is so hard to ignore the temptation. I have certain wishlist items with H and I don’t know what I’ll do when those show up. For now, I should really do a hard pause and stay on ban island until after the baby comes. Just about 4 months. I’ll look to you all for advice and moral support!

For some reason, I was pretty easily able to avoid buying luxury items in the sales and such starting around when I quit working. I only bought Target and Gap maternity clothes for the most part. But I have a very hard time when it comes to H. I get a bag offer and then there are other “small” items I want to purchase along with it. That is my big weakness.

Reactions: miss argile
Hi ladies. I’ve been here before but really struggle with a ban. This year I’ve added 5 Hermes bags (including an exotic) and 2 LV bags to my collection (I did sell 3 bags as well), and also quit my job to return to school full time and we’re expecting a baby next spring! I need to make a home on ban island, other than baby stuff, and stay here!! I have all the maternity clothes I could need, all the bags and H accessories I could ever use in a lifetime, and yet it is so hard to ignore the temptation. I have certain wishlist items with H and I don’t know what I’ll do when those show up. For now, I should really do a hard pause and stay on ban island until after the baby comes. Just about 4 months. I’ll look to you all for advice and moral support!

For some reason, I was pretty easily able to avoid buying luxury items in the sales and such starting around when I quit working. I only bought Target and Gap maternity clothes for the most part. But I have a very hard time when it comes to H. I get a bag offer and then there are other “small” items I want to purchase along with it. That is my big weakness.
Let’s work on staying on the ban island together! I was on a H binging path as well, added 10 H bags in the past 2 years, which is quite a bit as I used to only buy ~1 designer bags per year, H is just so devilishly irresistible.

I find it really hard to stay untempted while maintaining active SA relationships. Luckily in the past year both my H and Chanel SAs left, and I purposedly distant myself with the new SAs, and just stop going to the boutiques, and that helps a lot. Not sure if its applicable to you since you still have some wishlist items with H, but Im sure you can do it!!

Let’s work on staying on the ban island together! I was on a H binging path as well, added 10 H bags in the past 2 years, which is quite a bit as I used to only buy ~1 designer bags per year, H is just so devilishly irresistible.

I find it really hard to stay untempted while maintaining active SA relationships. Luckily in the past year both my H and Chanel SAs left, and I purposedly distant myself with the new SAs, and just stop going to the boutiques, and that helps a lot. Not sure if its applicable to you since you still have some wishlist items with H, but Im sure you can do it!!

Thank you and I would love to attempt this with you! I just posted on the 2019 bag resolution thread as well. My current collection is 7 H bags, 3 LV bags, one old Gucci and a non-designer straw bag for summer. Plus a beachy type bag and a leather backpack for travel, also non-designer. I think I realized that my biggest weakness is H shawls/scarves and shoes, so I’d like to add zero of those to my collection this year! I’m also interested in trying a wardrobe and shoe ban for the year too! I would really just like to enjoy what I have and rotate through my bags and shawls/scarves, and shoes as much as I can since my feet will continue to swell with the pregnancy. I foresee spending on the baby and nursery for the coming 4 months and then looking at a closet reno after that.

I think I can certainly do my best to avoid and just not visit the stores unless they have one of my SOs or a wishlist bag that has come in. That’s likely possible! Are you on a full ban or do you allow yourself some pre-planned excursions off the island?