~Ban Island~ Moral Support! ~Let’s Resist Temptation Together!~

I love stories, B22! And that is fantastic that you have found your holy grail bag! I think your new bag looks so handsome in the pic. Is that the color you got?

I am slowly working on reducing the size of my bag collection. Sloooowwwly!

Yep! That’s the color— ombré. Lol [emoji23] likewise I am slooowwwwly reducing as well.

Right? It's silly, really. Traveling just seems to be my "let loose" signal, and if I am flying it is my reason for getting new totes and bags. I have a closet full of totes and bags, but the next one will be better for on the plane or going through airports! Oh, and don't forget all the new clothes I'll need for a trip! Yes, because I have absolutely nothing to wear in my overstuffed closet.....dear me.
OMG! That is so me to a T!

Last edited:
Can I say that I’m still on the ban island if I haven’t technically bought a bag?????!

Guys someone please virtual hi-5 me!!!! currently on holidays and all the chanel boutique told me that mini rectangle is sold out, and then I walked into one and saw the most gorgeous iridescent/metallic pink crumpled calfskin mini!!!! I know I’m after a mini at some point but this one is truly gorgeous and maybe a little high maintenance? The SA spoke little english and was super nice. Next thing you know it was on reserve for me! It was truly a FOMO moment as it’s the only one left in the country, to make it worse my bf won’t leave the area and kept on egging me to get it!!! I hesitated, returned when I was about to leave, and then had dinner in the neighbourhood. In the end I walked away from the bag TWICE knowing it could easily be mine......

My guy is laughing so hard because I’m laughing but crying on the inside LOL. I hope that bag goes to someone who can truly appreciate its beauty, and not a reseller.

So I’m still on the ban island.

Guys someone please virtual hi-5 me!!!! currently on holidays and all the chanel boutique told me that mini rectangle is sold out, and then I walked into one and saw the most gorgeous iridescent/metallic pink crumpled calfskin mini!!!! I know I’m after a mini at some point but this one is truly gorgeous and maybe a little high maintenance? The SA spoke little english and was super nice. Next thing you know it was on reserve for me! It was truly a FOMO moment as it’s the only one left in the country, to make it worse my bf won’t leave the area and kept on egging me to get it!!! I hesitated, returned when I was about to leave, and then had dinner in the neighbourhood. In the end I walked away from the bag TWICE knowing it could easily be mine......

My guy is laughing so hard because I’m laughing but crying on the inside LOL. I hope that bag goes to someone who can truly appreciate its beauty, and not a reseller.

Great job resisting!!

Hi-5!!!

Reactions: happy27

Happy! I will do more than Hi-5 you, girl! I will shout from the rooftops that Happy27 has got serious bag ban GAME! Seriously so proud of you. Way to go!

Looks like we're all doing great on Ban Island so far! Great job, everyone! :drinks:

Yes at least since my last purchase, which was definitively my last one this year.

Congrats to happy27!!! That is really impressive my dear!

Seems my hard work has paid off! I have worked hard on myself I managed to shift my focus on other things than obtaining stuff. Feels good!
Thanks to the tip on this thread I am keeping track of my expenses now. Writing down everything from lunch at work to gas money, groceries and expenses for the children and I am seriously shocked how much money we spend without luxuries.

Week 2 out of 52 from returning to ban island

Awesome resolve - congratulations on resisting twice. Hi-10! I know how hard it is to resist Chanel!

I dropped off some clothes at a consignment place today, third trip - so it was just a few straggler items. My eye immediately noticed a Chanel Filigree large flap, beige with black trim I have been eyeballing/stalking for the last two years. I tried it on, took pictures on my shoulder and crossbody. I took a deep breath and put it down. Then I picked up another pretty Chanel bag, light taupe Chevron flap. It was so lovely. Both bags were tempting. Thankfully, I was able to leave empty handed. When I got home, I was able to reassure myself that in that colour family (neutral) I like my Silver Metallic Camera Case and my Etain Bolide more. Phew, dodged the urge today but the pull was strong! :shocked::angel::girlsigh:

I dropped off some clothes at a consignment place today, third trip - so it was just a few straggler items. My eye immediately noticed a Chanel Filigree large flap, beige with black trim I have been eyeballing/stalking for the last two years. I tried it on, took pictures on my shoulder and crossbody. I took a deep breath and put it down. Then I picked up another pretty Chanel bag, light taupe Chevron flap. It was so lovely. Both bags were tempting. Thankfully, I was able to leave empty handed. When I got home, I was able to reassure myself that in that colour family (neutral) I like my Silver Metallic Camera Case and my Etain Bolide more. Phew, dodged the urge today but the pull was strong! :shocked::angel::girlsigh:

Great job!!!

Reactions: More bags
Hello all!! Today is my 19th day without a bag purchase. My goal is to make it through my upcoming trip to Florida without a purse purchase. I'll be home from that on March 7.

Update from me....

I withstood the urge for the backpack I mentioned earlier in the thread. It is now a mild desire, and not such a craving. Whew! Dodged the bullet on that one.

I do have a confession (NOT shopping related!). I've read back through this entire thread. There are some great ideas for not adding to one's collection, but...I admit that I googled all the lovely bags that were mentioned. :blush: Tempt myself much? But I was able to say to myself that as beautiful as they are, I don't need them. I can enjoy their photos.

I've been eyeing some SLGs, but I really need to consider what I have. I need to take stock of what I need for organization in my bags for travel. Sometimes I over organize, and cannot find a thing. Or I start organized, and end up with things I've used just tossed back into my tote after use.

Can you tell I don't fly much? :lol: I stress so much about being so put together, that I end up just being a big mess! DH and I normally vacation in our motorhome, so I don't need the planned packing and carry-on of flying.

Anyway, I think planning out the pouches I'll need will help the SLG urge, even though I am only on bag ban. Keeping expenditures down is never a bad thing. :tup: If I find I need a pouch, I have permission to purchase. I do not have permission "just because."

Hello all!! Today is my 19th day without a bag purchase. My goal is to make it through my upcoming trip to Florida without a purse purchase. I'll be home from that on March 7.

Update from me....

I withstood the urge for the backpack I mentioned earlier in the thread. It is now a mild desire, and not such a craving. Whew! Dodged the bullet on that one.

I do have a confession (NOT shopping related!). I've read back through this entire thread. There are some great ideas for not adding to one's collection, but...I admit that I googled all the lovely bags that were mentioned. :blush: Tempt myself much? But I was able to say to myself that as beautiful as they are, I don't need them. I can enjoy their photos.

I've been eyeing some SLGs, but I really need to consider what I have. I need to take stock of what I need for organization in my bags for travel. Sometimes I over organize, and cannot find a thing. Or I start organized, and end up with things I've used just tossed back into my tote after use.

Can you tell I don't fly much? :lol: I stress so much about being so put together, that I end up just being a big mess! DH and I normally vacation in our motorhome, so I don't need the planned packing and carry-on of flying.

Anyway, I think planning out the pouches I'll need will help the SLG urge, even though I am only on bag ban. Keeping expenditures down is never a bad thing. :tup: If I find I need a pouch, I have permission to purchase. I do not have permission "just because."
Using pouches or small cases can help you organize your travel tote. You might not even need to buy any if you save the freebies you get from gifts with purchases. (The little pouches that come with perfume or makeup purchases). Happy travels! :wave:

Reactions: eggtartapproved