Bags that are "you" and bags that are NOT "you"

wow....multiples of the same colors.....quite a collection
do you find occasion to use all of them?
Well, kinda .. but they are from different years so not "exactly" the same color per se. I do have some duplicates - Black, Red, but again, they are oftentimes different years. Most of my bags are oldies - from '04 through '07 (and some early '08's) - mostly Chevre with the exception of the Holiday Hamilton and Hamilton Metal Edge bags (which are Chevre). I'm NOT a fan of the Agneau, but there were some colors that I just couldn't resist!

I’m definitely a Louis Vuitton-woman. I have most in damier ebene, a few pieces in epi and a mono wallet. I love the simple designs (not much of the newer items, unfortunately) and how carefree they are.

I got my first bag 11,5 years ago, and have since then known it was “my brand”. I have gotten my mom hooked on LV as well ❤️

At my core I am a...

Structured, top handle, formal, minimal, under the radar, ladylike bag. Sculptural. Usually black, sometimes a lighter neutral. And I tend to accessorize with silver hardware. I so happen to be the bag that not many ascribe to the brand. Many are the givenchy antigona, while I’m the horizon. Others are the balenciaga city.. me- the maillon round handle. Classic Burberry check bag? Nope, I’m the DK88. At night, I’m a tiny, elegant clutch (bottega veneta knot).

Artful over practical. Form over function. Indulgence. Luxury.

I have realized that I’m not a:
1) hobo
2) top handle only
3) crossbody only

Even though my style is leans toward edgy, I love a good, classic ladylike handbag. However, the bag has to have some type of ornamentation in the front via hardware, visible logo, a different texture, et cetera. I like the juxtaposition if the edgy and the ladylike.

I also realize that I’m not a black handbag girl either. Now, I did purchase a black Karl Lagerfeld Agyness Bag. It’s beautiful, but that’s the extent of what I will carry in black. It has to have some other color.

I'm middle aged and I still haven't figured it out! :smile: I think I'm not necessarily a designer person per se because I am more of a style hunter and, should a designer meet my needs I will buy it but not for the name. I detest wearing a designer's initials unless they give me a cutback. I do own an unrecognizable Gucci, recognizable only to those who know the Gucci bags, a BV which is just classic and a recently bought, LongChamp leather hobo which I love due to its weight of 1 pound. I love bags that are discrete and very well made. I am not fond of plastic coated canvas.

At heart, I’m a Louis Vuitton girl. I LOVE and have loved their mono that many hate for decades... I have one DA bag I got to be a little different but I wish I bought in mono instead! I still hate that I sold my Drouot ages ago but can’t make myself go preloved for that bag.

I have had affairs with Marc Jacobs back in the day when his collection PCs were lined in suede & made in Italy... , Chloe, Dior, Coach, RM (old school), Tory Burch, YSL before they became just SL, Gucci, Prada, Mulberry, Burberry - I’m totally open to other brands, but even in these affairs the bags would be filled, or partially filled, with little LV goodies and it was mostly one offs in each brand except MJ & Coach. And I always find my way back to LV...

I’m not a Chanel or Hermès girl. I just haven’t found any piece from them that I’ve loved enough to purchase, not even SLGs. And at their prices, I’d need to really LOVE it. I’m not a BV or Bal girl.
I’d love to be a Dolce & Gabbana girl. They made my all time favorite tank top!

I’m not a hobo girl. I like bags with some structure and options to carry. Bags that turn into a puddle are just not for me.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
At heart, I’m a Louis Vuitton girl. I LOVE and have loved their mono that many hate for decades... I have one DA bag I got to be a little different but I wish I bought in mono instead! I still hate that I sold my Drouot ages ago but can’t make myself go preloved for that bag.

I have had affairs with Marc Jacobs back in the day when his collection PCs were lined in suede & made in Italy... , Chloe, Dior, Coach, RM (old school), Tory Burch, YSL before they became just SL, Gucci, Prada, Mulberry, Burberry - I’m totally open to other brands, but even in these affairs the bags would be filled, or partially filled, with little LV goodies and it was mostly one offs in each brand except MJ & Coach. And I always find my way back to LV...

I’m not a Chanel or Hermès girl. I just haven’t found any piece from them that I’ve loved enough to purchase, not even SLGs. And at their prices, I’d need to really LOVE it. I’m not a BV or Bal girl.
I’d love to be a Dolce & Gabbana girl. They made my all time favorite tank top!

I’m not a hobo girl. I like bags with some structure and options to carry. Bags that turn into a puddle are just not for me.
You are almost my complete opposite! I love BV and Bal. I don't like LV, except a few leather pieces, but not enough to have ever gotten one. I love hobos. I have a Chanel SLG.

The only things we agree on is not being into Hermes and having affairs with Coach and Gucci. I'm still a Coach girl. I would be a Dior girl if I found one at a great price.

Reactions: ksuromax and kbell
You are almost my complete opposite! I love BV and Bal. I don't like LV, except a few leather pieces, but not enough to have ever gotten one. I love hobos. I have a Chanel SLG.

The only things we agree on is not being into Hermes and having affairs with Coach and Gucci. I'm still a Coach girl. I would be a Dior girl if I found one at a great price.

Lol. Well I also agree with you in being a “would be” Dior girl. So we have that :smile: I have one Dior - a small clutch for special occasions which I love. I’d love to someday find the right Dior every day bag at the right price. I miss Coach’s old leather...

Reactions: whateve
Love this!

I prefer crossbodies, but lately have been finding I don't mind carrying a bag by it's top handle. I still prefer to have a longer strap available for the versatility. As much as I admire hobos and shoulder bags from afar, they're not for me.

Brands that are very me: Balenciaga, Loewe, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs (mixed feelings on that since the Marc by Marc & Marc lines merged), old school Botkier

Not-so-me brands: Chanel, most LV (I do like SLGs), Saint Laurent

Me:
Big bags -- love the hobo style
Small bags, but I need the cross body option
LV, Chanel, Gucci, Celine (Phoebe era)

Not Me:
Clutches
See-through bags
One gigantic-font logo spread across the bag (I'm looking at you, Bal and Valentino!). Small logo repeats on bags don't bother me.
Having to "play games" to get merchandise. Love Hermes silk and jewelry, glad I don't love the bags!

Reactions: loves and Pkac