Bags that are "you" and bags that are NOT "you"

I’m a LV girl even though years ago I swore to everyone including myself that I hated them and anyone who spent that kind of money on a bag had a screw loose. I prove myself wrong.

I’m a Hermes Evelyne girl. I would have one in every color if I could. That’s my ultimate bag. So soft, so casual, can wear showing label or hiding it. Best. Bag. Ever. I’d never get a B or K—too formal and stuffy for my tastes.

I am not a Chanel girl. Bought several, returned every one. Can’t do it. Not me.

I am not a Chloe or Bal or Dior girl.

Recently got a Mulberry. Super impressed. But it’s super heavy.

One thing that is definitely "not me" is LV canvas (although I love my LV SLGs in DE). My SLGs are hidden 95% of the time. I cannot imagine myself carrying a bag with a print that screams LV, although I did carry them when I was younger (in college). It just isn't me anymore.

I love speedy-shaped bags and top-handle bags with long strap.
No matter what brand I try, I'm just not a tote girl - I don't enjoy wearing them and feel like I don't look nice with them. Guess I'll stick to canvas or nylon reusable totes when I need them heh.
Can't do monogram bags, but OK with SLGs.

Reactions: Antigone
What's me?

Satchels with long straps, they are the easiest for me to carry and function best overall, i like a lot of other styles but they end up leaving me in pain(pinched nerves) and get returned or sold.

What isn't me? pretty much designer anything... i prefer homegrown, quality brands that don't cost thousands, i enjoy a nicely made, classic bag, i don't wants trends, i don't want to pay for a name... I am not a fussy, high maintenance person and want the same from my bags, trusty, reliable and standing the test of time...

I still do some designer "guts" ie; SLG, the odd fob etc but am right back where i started before stepping more into designer.. so clearly i know what suits me & just didn't seem to want to accept it.

Currently me: Luxurious, classics styles that lack any superfluous bells and whistles and come in neutral colors. My favorites? Chanel Classic flap & Reissue, Hermès Birkin & Kelly, Louis Vuitton Neverfull & Alma, Balenciaga City.

Currently not me: Anything overly flashy (rhinestones, tassles, prints), trendy or cutesy. My least favorites? Flashy Gucci, Fendi, Dolce & Versace designs.

That's such a nice idea!

I'm definitely not a Balenciaga City kind of girl. I LOVE and ADORE the look of these bags, trust me, I have loved them for probably like 10 years now but it's just not my style. Like the look of the bags, especially on other people but it's just not "me". Also not a Dior girl either, everything they do looks old and grandma-ish IMO. There is people that pull it off amazingly and make it look so stylish but I'd personally feel like I stole my great grandma's handbag.

I'm more of a Phoebe Philo Céline type of girl (right now), meaning simple pieces without loud logos or crazy prints. Her bags look simple and understated even in louder colours and I love that. No big hardware or logos all over, just a small "Céline Paris" and done.

LV for me is a phase. Sometimes I cannot get enough of my LV pieces and sometimes, like right now, I'm more into wearing black simple bags.

I am a Delvaux Tempete and Celine Box girl. I also like some bags from The Row, Fendi (especially Selleria), Mark Cross, Bottega Veneta, and Gucci. I really like some styles from all of these brands, and really dislike others (anything with wings from Celine, for example). I am very drawn to styles from the 60s or 70s. New styles, not so much.

I am not an LV (particularly the brown checkerboard), YSL now that it’s basically just logo bags, Chanel, Dior, or Hermès girl. The return of logo mania is very depressing to me, but at least it is keeping more money in my wallet.

Last edited:
Sticking with the OP's line, defining myself along the lines of each brand's target market, I would say:

with many exceptions, I am a Gucci (still hoping their 'mid-life crisis' is treatable and temporary) Hermes Delvaux and BV girl.

with exceptions I am not a Chanel, Bal, LV or Goyard girl.

Funny to say that out loud because I own as many Chanel bags as BV and my one Bal bag is one of my favourites.

On the fence with Mulberry, Chloe and Celine because I could see myself easily (I own a couple of Chloe) - but then again

Last edited:
Bags that are 'me'': Clutches, Balenciaga, a few Hermes, vintage Chanel, Gucci, did I mention clutches?

Bags that are 'not me' but I wear anyway: LV Canvas, vintage Loewe, big totes that eat my small frame

Bags that are 'me' but I am not into: Saint Laurent, Givenchy, new Loewe, small crossbodies

Bags that 'I wish were me' but sadly they aren't: Celine (with an é) bags, the Kelly, Falabella, bucket bags

Bags that are 'not me": LV leather, BV, new Chanel, Michael Kors, Boston bags.

Last edited:
I love speedy-shaped bags and top-handle bags with long strap.
No matter what brand I try, I'm just not a tote girl - I don't enjoy wearing them and feel like I don't look nice with them. Guess I'll stick to canvas or nylon reusable totes when I need them heh.
Can't do monogram bags, but OK with SLGs.
Same here on totes and I can’t figure out why. :thinking: I don’t like wearing them and they just don’t flatter me.
It does feel like a mid-life crisis! You’re so right!!
Let’s all pray that Gucci comes out of the crisis soon!!!!

I am such a

BIG BIG BIG - I meand REALLY BIG!!!!!-bag-girl

I love my 40 cm NF, I love my 38 Herbags, I love my 40 cm Birkin and I still cry over the "real Gucci"-Bag I didn't buy and the Valentino-tote nobody had back then and then became too famous for me to "still want it".

The bigger the better, I simply love it.

So, I am out for any desinger with their itti-bitty-teeny-weeny- bags which are.. well all.