Bag Insults - Ever Had One?

No one likes my LV Graffiti Speedy in pink. Oh well.
My son came home from school and said "Mom, please tell me you didn't spend money on that! I can go to Hobby Lobby and buy spray paint and get the same look for a lot less!!!"

I had a guy call me ugly to my face in front of a group of ppl, without being provoked.

We were just eating and talking like a normal group of ppl does, when he just said "You are so ugly, you disgust me". I replied "You are the only one who thinks that, and you have to live with it". I later found out that his brother was in love with me and he was trying to make me feel bad or something, it was his fear that me and his brother might be together.

There is always a hidden agenda when ppl say nasty comments for no "apparent" reason.

A mean comment about your bag is probably jealousy or anger for something. Sooner or later you will find out what it is.

Reactions: Sferics
sometimes ppl make remarks that are so uncalled for.
it's like...i didn't ask you if you would buy it, keep your offensive comments to yourself.

or maybe to them, it's a common courtesy to let you know that you are paying "too much" because they are helping YOU out. :shocked:

Wow! I am completely horrified at what some of you have heard.

It is out of line to say something negative about the style or price of someone's purse/shoes/clothes. But to look at someone and tell them they are ugly?

I can't even imagine.

Don't people have manners anymore?

As far as adults saying things to people much younger, my guess is they are trying to make themselves feel better because clearly they can't afford what the younger person has.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what someone spends. Maybe if I was struggling financially I would be a bit jealous, but I still wouldn't say anything...

I am shocked by people's rudeness. This reminds me of a related type of question/insult: People have asked me 1) how big my engagement ring is (carat size); and 2) how much it cost. Some people (whom I don't know, by the way) have even asked to try it on. I have even had a few people say they wouldn't want one like mine. A few have asked me if it's fake. Horrifying. I have been married over 10 years and when it happens, I'm still surprised every time. It's a very lovely ring, and I am extremely fortunate, but in the grand scheme of rings, it's not like it's the Hope Diamond! I compliment every single friend on her ring when she gets engaged. It's a time to be celebrated, not criticize out of jealousy or whatever the problem is!

That is exactly how i feel. celebrate the persons ring/ bag auto whatever even if it may not be your style it does not harm to say a nice that's cute; i like it congrats. someone took teh time to purchase it.

Now : christainmiami I would of totally replied and thats exactly why your are not my husband. I often like to keep my mouth shut but certain things I will not. That was uncalled for.

like everyone else i get the is that real or thats Fake, thats so stupid to pay that amount for a bag just to have that name on it I can go to target, or people just totally mistake the bag for another label. I posted this awhile ago but it always make me chuckle . two workers as this fast food type place saw my D&B Doodle bucket and laughed and called it fake gucci. Still have no idea how they thought that; but whatever gets people through the day.

No one likes my LV Graffiti Speedy in pink. Oh well.
My son came home from school and said "Mom, please tell me you didn't spend money on that! I can go to Hobby Lobby and buy spray paint and get the same look for a lot less!!!"

I think it's cute for him to say that if your son is still very young.:biggrin:

I get the Look!

Where did you get that from?

I didn't know Coach made a purse like that:nuts:

Oh yeah and Look at that Gucci real loud.

These are just a few I can go on for days just rude comments.

Just rude like I have a fake handbag.

I get The Look, and a few times co-workers at my previous job would tell me they loved my bag, where did I get and how much was it, and they's get so shocked when I tell them. Shocked and/or disapproving. Thankfully, I've never had any "why would you pay that much just for a name?" type of comment.

I can't remember any hater comments about my bags. But just last week, I did have a guy I don't even know make rude comments about the way my face and skin look to a room full of like 20 people, most of whom I also don't know well (this was at a professional conference). He just randomly stands up and makes these comments in front of the whole group, and had to repeat himself and take it further about 4 times. I was so offended I didn't even know what to say, I turned to my friend sitting next to me and said "I wasn't aware I had a problem with my face" right in front of the guy! Then he tries to backpedal but ends up just digging himself in deeper. And believe me, he was nothing to look at, fat, balding, and middle aged so whatever. I am not saying I'm the most beautiful girl, but I'm pretty and I don't look disfigured and my skin is fine, I didn't deserve to be called out like that. So after that, I don't think a comment about my bags would even rattle me.

Even if you WERE ugly, disfigured or had bad skin it would STILL be rude and completely unprofessional and unacceptable! No one has the right to put other people down like that especially about something cosmetic and in a professional setting. Just goes to show the character of the person making the comments; those types of comments say nothing about the person being insulted!

Some of the stories I've read on here are amazing.

My co-workers make comments all the time because I switch my purse up weekly, but I've never had people go to the lengths that some of you have posted about. It's disgusting, truly.

Maybe I just look too mean :smile:

Hate to say it, but a majority of it seems to be caste issues "the haves" and the "have-nots" if you will. Sorry, but I just call it like I see it.

If I can afford to drop a couple hundred on a bag, and choose to do it, it's my business and I won't let someone make me feel bad about it.

Just because someone else doesn't have the gumption to work for it, the means to get it, or any interest in it is their own issue...

I get the Look. I walked into Starbucks the other day and the cashier gave me the nastiest look. I was carrying my Coach satchel, and was all dressed up for work. I like to take advantage of the fact I don't have to wear a uniform anymore at my new job. She was so rude when I ordered, but I was like, whatever. I always say thank you and am never rude back. I like to dress up and look cute and some people just despise you for it. It's their problem, they can get over it.

... and to echo what someone else said, that's why I'm conscious of where I wear my high-end bags.

I'll never forget the time I made the mistake of wearing a vintage Chanel to Wal-Mart (just to pick up some random knick-knacks). What a nightmare that experience was... :sad:

I was at a women's conference made the mistake and carried my vintage Gucci Tote so this one woman yelled out loud " Look at that Gucci". I was so embarrased about 6 women surrounded me with all these questions I got an instant headache. I told the women it was a gift and left the conference early. I was totally rushed by these women and then everyone started to look and stare made me so uncomfortable.