Bad experience buying/selling a chanel bag?

Guess what? nighteyes and I met the same person! And she is still lurking out there!

OH MY GOSH........ NO WONDER! :censor::mad::lecture:

I have a similar story. Maybe we are all talking about the same buyer. This lady emailed me about my Chanel GST C10, and agreed on 3k. I met her and her hubby at Ngee Ann, outside the Chanel boutique. To cut a very long story short, not only was she not on time, but they too made me wait outside Chanel (after authenticating the bag with an SA) while they chatted inside.

Even though the SA said it was an authentic bag, the hubby tried to push my price down by $500. He spoke in Indonesian, but I understood, and I told him that my price was firm. And then he even invited me to dinner, saying we could nego during then! The nerve of the guy!

I was angry and really upset. I have three kids, so its not easy for me to make arrangements to come out in the night, and the last thing I needed was to deal with these sort of people.

Oh, and the reason I said this could be the same buyer, both her hubby and her commented about how my bag wasn't pristine, and that it had wrinkles at the side!

Btw, a few days later, she sent me an email about one of her bags. She suggested I swap my Chanel with her LV. And I have a photo of this LV with a plastic tag hanging from it. GO figure.

When I read your story I too thought that it was too much of a coincidence! The nerve of such people!!!

Guess what? nighteyes and I met the same person! And she is still lurking out there!

Oh my! That horrible! Can't believe you both dealt with the same persion. That lady must be crazy... It looks like she doesn't really want to buy a bag but just wants to give Chanel sellers a hard time for some random reason.

I always try to have my bf present when I am selling my stuff and meeting the buyer in person. You never know what the buyer might be up to. I always think it's best to be safe than sorry.

OMG. i feel so sad for you all! they sound like horror stories!! it must have been terrible having to deal with that lady and her husband! but i salute your patience nighteyes and adechg, i would have left if she was late for more than 15 minutes. she obviously doesn't sound very sincere.

and who is this lady? i assume both of you made the deal through deluxemall? is she a tpfer?

These buyers are sad. It's hilarious/pathetic how they try to haggle even on luxury items. If you're going to buy a luxury item then you're going to spend a lot of money. I imagine they'd only be satisfied paying like 10% of the original price. Not only this, but they had to be so shady about it. It's fine for me if they haggle over sms/email. But don't set up a meeting with the seller at the seller's GREAT INCONVENIENCE and then go around pretending to pay the original price when the intention is not to all along. Maybe I just don't get how things are done in Singapore/China, but it seems to me I'd NEVER want to sell there. Also, I'd be truly embarrassed to haggle over the price of a Chanel in front of the Chanel boutique! They have no shame.

Last edited:
nighteyes: Oh dear, heels, laptop and two bags, thats crazy! I dunno how you did all that standing up! Actually becuase this was a Chanel Post I only wanted to talk about Chanel BUT she actually met me to purchase two of my bags! One is a Chanel the other is another branded bag(i shall not name here haha keep it CHANEL) ! & I really almost died walking in it!

hahah I agree I am very dirt-phobic! hahaha I cant even think of laying my chanel box on the floor outside home! They are all just very precious to me :smile:

hahah i agreee, i think it is a blessing in disguise as well because now i realise i actually really like my GST and i hence decided to keep it! I don't see the need of selling it anymore I love it actually! hahah

I really cannot believe its the same buyer you and adechg had! That's crazy, can she just go and buy herself A BRAND NEW CHANEL if she keep haggling. Sometimes I really do not understand them, they are firstly
SO AFRAID OF BUYING AN UNAUTHENTIC BAG, secondly THEY ARE SO AFRAID TO SPEND MONEY, thirdly THEY STILL WANT TO BUY A BRANDED BAG!!

I think so many of our tpfers would just 'die' for their Chanels and she treat it like junk. insane people.

adechg: oh goodness, gross gross grosssssssssssssssssssss, I think it is simply tacky for her to want to meet outside Ngee Ann Chanel Boutique! As Singaporeans know there is only one Chanel Boutique in Singapore so it is quite embarassing standing outside the boutique dealing.. err no offence so anyone but I do feel it is quite embarassing.

WHY does he want to invite u to dinner!! hahaha omg does he want to drug you and make you accept his low offer, oh goodness! PUSH THE PRICE DOWN BY 500 BUCKS!! thats insane honestly.

Yes i totaly understand! Because we are the sellers we feel the need to accomodate the buyer more than they accomodate us, because hey, we are the ones who wants the sale anyway. And that is why we will push aside our schedule to meet them and especially in your case, you have 3 children it must have been exceptionally hard for you to get away.

In my situation I already told her I cannot meet up that day at Orchard so she told me "Ok my sister will drive to your place and meet up at 10am" and I said Ok ! AND I ASKED HER MANY TIMES THROUGH SMS WHETHER 10 AM AT MY PLACE COMFIRM AND SHE SAID YES YES YES YES! then at 11.30pm the day before she sms say "Hihi my sister say meeting up at Orchard will be the best so let me know" then i told her I really cannot, can we stick to the original plan? she replied " Oh my sister sleeping already i think cannot leh" ARGHHHHH its damn annoying she kept going her sister this her sister that! I kept asking her CAN I HAVE UR SISTER NO but she doesnt wanto to give it to me! its like an imaginary person.

On the day of the meetup, she kept going like "oh my sister going to be late leh, she work at Dhoby Ghaut, unless you want to wait for her? She say I help check her bag then if OK she transfer the money to your account before you pass me the bag?" Which is insane, I cannot check the correct amount transferred unless I knew my exact amount in my account, I knew the rough amount but definitely I do not know the exact!
She kept going like Oh my sister driving down already bla bla.. hai dunno if its all lies!

OOPS sorry digressing like crazy! hahaha
She has no face seriously, to even contact u again to ask about your other bags.. tsk tsk tsk, I guess you must have been very very pissed and wanted to send a hate sms saying something like karma gonna get back at you or something!

adechg I get it, I teared at Orchard Road infront of Zara, I couldn't hold it back. I am glad you were strong enough to try your best to stop the tears from coming down. Must have been such a hard time for you

anyway I am glad we managed to identify your nasty buyer and if any Singaporeans wants to be wary of them do pm me(for my buyer) or adechg or nighteyes(for theirs) :smile:

greenbean22: Thanks for your kind words dear! :smile:

reira08: haha unfortunately, it is a different buyer! :sad: haha it seems like she really has too much time on her hands, weird person!
But thanks so much for taking time to reply on this thread!

sweetie_sg : Thanks so much! hahaha crazy buyers in sgd! But I think there are definitely good ones out there, they just havent appeared! haha

hilaryroxmasox: Thanks so much dear! Yes i agree, ebay is safer in a sense because there is a feedback portal to rely on!

oh my, an older man? Thats quite strange to began with! I feel so happy for you that your bf could accompany you on this transaction because it is weird to meet at a hotel lobby!

I think buyers who demand us to go with them to the original boutique to prove the authenticity is crazy honestly, I mean they are SA and it is not part of their job to authenticate every single person who go in and demand them to.

I seriously am totally annoyed with buyers who agreed on a price yet decide to mark down the price AFTER the meet up! Insane old man to lecture you about business etc?? Threw the bag on the floor! omgggg, if my buyer threw the bag on the floor, oh goodness I think I would just scream you know! I would just chase her I tell her she must pay for the bag because it is 'damaged' in some sense once you throw it on the floor!

Whats wrong with bags bought in Asia!!! oh my goshh, it is all from the same producer anyway!!!! SERIOUSLY CRAZY, it is manufactured at the same place!!! oh boy!!!

no worries dear, I am very happy you got the rant out! Do not bottle it up , it really sucks! haha i know what you mean, my bf has been going like " STOP IT ITS OVER" because I kept bringing it up!

hahaha I am happy you feel better! Chin up for you! :smile:

peachiesncream: Thanks dear! hahaha yes Singaporeans are a bit.. errr crazy in a sense! But I hope nobody give up totally, there is still trust in the world!

haha I realise a lot of people have gave up dealing locally which is kinda sad, because those who have gave up but still deal locally has been very rude :sad:

I hope trust is still amongst us. Sometimes when i contact other sellers abt their bags and ask them very very politely and nice where they can meet up they simply say " at my block take it or leave it" or when I ask is it good condition they simply reply "yes".

I am not saying it is wrong to reply in that way, but I was hoping something like " Hi thanks for your enquiry, yes it is good condition, used a few times only." Instead of a one word reply, because I do not feel like dealing when you reply me so rudely!

I wanted to pre-order this bag online one time I emailed her and ask abt it and she just replied " Yes must pre-order"
so i decided to pre-order the bag from another buyer even though she sells it 50 bucks more ex she was at least more sociable and nice and even called me to explain to me.

I guess I am a bit upset that stupid people are making the nice sellers become "less nice" as they put a wall in front of them to prevent them from being hurt!

kathy_ly : haha well I guess if the buyer has been nice the whole time through sms I guess you will be fine alone!
But if she was like my buyer, who from the start was a bit of a question mark (yet dumb me still went to deal) then do bring your hubby along!
haha doesnt hurt to have someone carry the bag for you also :smile: hahaha

-jjjjjan: haha do contact nighteyes and adechg if you want to know their buyer! you can contact me as well for mine! In this case if you ever buy or sell your bags online you can be more wary of them!
I am not sure if mine was a tpfer! I hope she isn't or else knowing her character she would blast a lot of )*#)!*)! here for me ranting about her and there will be a tpf war!!! I really hope not :sad:

Kaypa: Hey, thats great! Ya try to bring your bf along if he is free! But if you're comfortable with your buyer and she seem nice then I am sure you would be fine alone!! :smile:

bcbggirl : Yes I agree !!!! I do not know why they want to buy luxury items for such a low price, for the best condition yet the whole time constantly worried about the authenticity! It is insane how some people can be like, sometimes I wonder how their family deal with them, but oh well people live different lives!

Oh dear, I never wanted this post to put all you guys off from selling or buying from Singapore or rather from any online portal, I guess I am just unfortunate!! I believe there is still very sincere buyers out there and my experience just help me identifty who they are faster. But I definitely have not given up on online buying/selling because it is definitely more of a boon than a bane!

Because I have noticed as more and more nasty buyers deal with sincere honest seller, these sellers have grown more tough and rude in some sense. to the extent they are no longer nice to sincere buyers. :sad:(
And thats not the way I want the online community to work! It isnt fair in a sense but i understand why they have grown tough, in order to protect themselves!

I have sms and email sellers when I am interested to buy their bags. I always contact them very politely but they reply me rudely for example I once ask "May I ask where you purchase it from if it is 100% authentic" and she just replied " just look at my fb enough said".
Well, to me it was quite rude :sad: I do not wish to deal with such sellers as well!

Oh dear digressing! Anyway I hope you're not put off by the online community or Singapore/China for that matter becuase we are not all bad! :smile:

I have a similar story too! but my is with regards to an lv wallet! hope u dun mind me sharing here
i was so irritated with this lady.

She slashed the price down from $700 to $450. I was willing to accept as I really just wanted to sell it off to recoup a little of my loss for buying my halfmoon woc.

She kept asking repetitive qns with regards to the price and when I bought it. I was fine with replying her the first few times, but not when Ive answered u almost 100000000000 times.

She was so rude when asking me why there was a slight color tfr and I explained that ive tried my best to protect it but since its vernis, it is prone to it, thereby leading to the lower selling price

the best part comes now: 1 hr b4 the meetup when i was alrey on my way to the place, she msged me and asked if i cld give her the wallet first to authenticate it at 2nd hand shops while she gives me a $50 deposit and she will tfr the rest when she cfms that it is authentic. if i do not agree, she will not meetup.

does she take me for a fool? i told her good riddance, good luck and goodbye.

You guys have definitely had some crazy people! From what you say about how they behave it seems to me like they're trying to stall as long as they can so that you get irritated and just offer them the item for nothing (the asking for more and more discounts points to this too), I can't imagine why else someone would be excessively examining a bag and then decide they don't want it, especially with those of you who've had that same buyer, it seems like a rehearsed strategy, how many Chanels can you say you want then find a problem with?... and like why'd you come to meet someone for it then if you weren't serious? Isn't that a waste of their time as well? I think it's all a tactic to get it ultra-cheap like have the seller blow up and say "You know what just give me $100 and let's call it a day!" and when some of them realize that isn't going to happen, they just walk away and try it again on someone else

I bought a fake off of Bonanzle, then came to TPF and found out it was a fake. I joined TPF that same day. I called paypal right away to freeze the payment and open a case. This lady accused me of having buyer's remorse even though I gave her the info from the threads on this site saying it was fake for sure and even bonanzle.com saying it was fake.

She asked me to close the case then she'll give me a refund. I called paypal and they said DO NOT DO THAT because it's a free pass for her basically get away with it. I escalated it to a higher claim with paypal...A MINUTE AFTER she issued me the refund. She did NOT want to be "investigated" by anyone.

Luckily, I did get my money back. It was a scary experience.