Bad experience buying/selling a chanel bag?

Kaypa: haha Thank you :smile: Yes i felt so much better after reading all the encouraging post by wonderful people such as yourself :smile: Yes i agree, most buyers who are serious are decisive but there are also a handful of those who still want to buy it but keep dragging it! I guess intuition is very important as well, I should learn to listen to it! I always try to give my buyers too many chances I guess I should be more firm!
Many thanks :smile:

sweetie_sg : Thanks so much dear, I am definitely taking this as a learning point and I am feeling so much better because of everyone here including you :smile:

jumborainbow : Thanks so much, you're really sweet! I am not sure if she is a tpf-er, if she is I will definitely ask fellow Singaporeans to be wary of her :smile:

nscwong: Thank you dear! Yes :sad: I should have sense the fact that she was a lousy buyer from the start but I wanted to give her a chance even though deep down inside I already knew she wouldn't buy it but I still gave it a go ! Thank you I hope my poor chanel gets a buyer if not I think I shall keep it, its lovely anyway ! :smile:

nighteyes : oh dear nighteyes, that is so terrible!! Pleaseeeeeee DO NOT apologise about the rant :sad: thats what the post is for :smile: Goodness, 4 INCH HEELS, that must be so difficult to walk around in especially with a huge chanel box! At least I was sitting down waiting for her ! I feel so terrible for you, I think you're way nicer than me as you agreed to her changed location eventhough it was so troublesome for you!

Oh gosh, she intitally demanded a $400 offer off your selling price? Thats an insane amount to demand of from the start!

And she sounds exactly like my buyer, a person who never reads my selling post description and examine the pictures, just simply decide to get it. The fact that your post stated there was no authencity card meant that she should have read and understood! And if you agreed on a price before meeting, that SHOULD BE THE PRICE!!

Yes i get what you mean, if i was in that situation I would be thinking like whatever, I am just going to let it go for 3k/2.9k to her and beat myself up for it later because you went through so much already and you just want the sale, you have no more energy to fight anymore.

I can't believe she wanted you to ask the chanel SA to authenticate it! They do not even provide such a service, the most you can do is go to a second hand shop and pretend you want to consign it because you cant go to a second hand shop and say you want to authenticate it, they will jsut chase you away.

The compensation is so disgusting, sounds exactly like my situation, but maybe her hubby has a bit of humanity left to offer 100 bucks :sad:

I understand completely how mentally and emotionally drained you must have felt, I felt that yesterday as well I was so sad. As in it is not the fact that you didnt make the sale, it is more like the fact that you put up with all that nonsence and you felt that you were being bullied the whole time! Well I am so sorry but at least you managed to talk to your S/O, at least you had someone by your side who could cheer you up, that must be the best part of the whole story! Our loved ones are really the ones to put us back on our feet. :smile:

Well I am so glad I am not alone, don't worry we shouldnt let them take us down, our chanel deserve better buyers who would treat it like a baby instead of being so rough with the bag when merely checking it :smile:
cheer up :smile: I am glad you've gone through it with dignity :smile:

pls5: Thanks so much dear :smile:

nscwong: haha thank you :smile: Well yes I think now I will be more strict!! haha

rachael1321: Thanks so much sweetie! :smile:

Mimster: haha thank you :smile: yes maybe it was the same person haha I will never know but it sure sounded alike haha, Ya poor husband but oh well, at least he offered 100 bucks!

nighteyes : oh dear nighteyes, that is so terrible!! Pleaseeeeeee DO NOT apologise about the rant :sad: thats what the post is for :smile: Goodness, 4 INCH HEELS, that must be so difficult to walk around in especially with a huge chanel box! At least I was sitting down waiting for her ! I feel so terrible for you, I think you're way nicer than me as you agreed to her changed location eventhough it was so troublesome for you!

Oh gosh, she intitally demanded a $400 offer off your selling price? Thats an insane amount to demand of from the start!

And she sounds exactly like my buyer, a person who never reads my selling post description and examine the pictures, just simply decide to get it. The fact that your post stated there was no authencity card meant that she should have read and understood! And if you agreed on a price before meeting, that SHOULD BE THE PRICE!!

Yes i get what you mean, if i was in that situation I would be thinking like whatever, I am just going to let it go for 3k/2.9k to her and beat myself up for it later because you went through so much already and you just want the sale, you have no more energy to fight anymore.

I can't believe she wanted you to ask the chanel SA to authenticate it! They do not even provide such a service, the most you can do is go to a second hand shop and pretend you want to consign it because you cant go to a second hand shop and say you want to authenticate it, they will jsut chase you away.

The compensation is so disgusting, sounds exactly like my situation, but maybe her hubby has a bit of humanity left to offer 100 bucks :sad:

I understand completely how mentally and emotionally drained you must have felt, I felt that yesterday as well I was so sad. As in it is not the fact that you didnt make the sale, it is more like the fact that you put up with all that nonsence and you felt that you were being bullied the whole time! Well I am so sorry but at least you managed to talk to your S/O, at least you had someone by your side who could cheer you up, that must be the best part of the whole story! Our loved ones are really the ones to put us back on our feet. :smile:

Well I am so glad I am not alone, don't worry we shouldnt let them take us down, our chanel deserve better buyers who would treat it like a baby instead of being so rough with the bag when merely checking it :smile:
cheer up :smile: I am glad you've gone through it with dignity :smile:

orangeyish ~ I'm so glad you started this thread... Finally, someone who understands my frustration!!!!! I didn't start a thread like this because I felt so stupid for days and days after the incident.

I mean, I'm only 5'6 in those heels and petite... and carrying around a laptop as well on that day as I went downtown from work. Imagine how I was struggling that day with one M/L in a huge carrier bag, another M/L on my shoulder and a laptop in my arms! I should've just put it on the ground on hindsight but I'm slightly OCD and am deathly afraid of dirt from the ground... :shame: and with the buyer's "2 mins more.." SMSes, I thought I could hold out for awhile longer.

For a loooong time after the experience, I felt like a total idiot for even placing myself in that sort of situation -- agreeing to ridiculous demands which (you are right) I would have beat myself up for later -- and in general being too much of a pushover! Lesson learnt: We'll have to be strict and firm with our buyers!

I like that you pointed out that the best part of the story was our loved ones, because that's exactly what cheered me up again after that horrible experience. My S/O actually lifted my Chanel ban and promised to buy me another bag soon........ so I guess this may have been a blessing in disguise!!! :graucho::graucho::graucho:

I have a similar story. Maybe we are all talking about the same buyer. This lady emailed me about my Chanel GST C10, and agreed on 3k. I met her and her hubby at Ngee Ann, outside the Chanel boutique. To cut a very long story short, not only was she not on time, but they too made me wait outside Chanel (after authenticating the bag with an SA) while they chatted inside.

Even though the SA said it was an authentic bag, the hubby tried to push my price down by $500. He spoke in Indonesian, but I understood, and I told him that my price was firm. And then he even invited me to dinner, saying we could nego during then! The nerve of the guy!

I was angry and really upset. I have three kids, so its not easy for me to make arrangements to come out in the night, and the last thing I needed was to deal with these sort of people.

Oh, and the reason I said this could be the same buyer, both her hubby and her commented about how my bag wasn't pristine, and that it had wrinkles at the side!

Btw, a few days later, she sent me an email about one of her bags. She suggested I swap my Chanel with her LV. And I have a photo of this LV with a plastic tag hanging from it. GO figure.

^ Omg! That is so sad adechg. :sad: Also you too nighteyes! I think this is too much of a coincidence! If it's in fact the same buyer as with orangeyish, does this lady get off on making other people cry? That is just horrendous!! It seems like she will never buy a bag and just go around in Singapore making honest Chanel sellers upset and frustrated...How cruel!! :yucky:

OMG i got the feeling you guys met the same crazy buyers... reading your story makes me wanna puke.. especially when he invited you for dinner, and wanna nego during dinner... what????

chin up to all of you and i hope you find a sincerely serious buyers.. GL

Orangeyish, I am so sorry to hear about your story. Just know that you're not alone! I have had horrible experiences selling my bags too and so now I just try to stick to ebay or bonanzle or just keep them because after a few experiences dealing with psychotic people, it can seriously turn you off for life. I haven't had a bad experience selling a Chanel but I thought I might share this horrid story that happened a few months ago. I listed a Louis Vuitton Denim Pleaty bag on craigslist that I no longer want and this older man emailed me regarding about the bag and after a few email exchanges, we have agreed on price and meeting place, etc. The day comes and my boyfriend decided to come with me for precaution (old man wanting me to meet him in the lobby of a hotel he was staying in while he was in town) and good thing I had him there otherwise I would have broken down to tears... or broke that old man's nose. He looked at the bag, inspected it in and out, side to side, etc. etc. and could not find a flaw within the bag and decided to drag me into a Louis Vuitton store in the Fairmont hotel where he was staying and so I told him that LV would not authenticate but I was willing to go with him anyways to prove that my bag is authentic, thank you very much. So after being really firm and dominating over this poor little Asian sales associate, she took the bag to the back and came back saying "I can say that this is our product." After getting the bag authenticated, we walked out of the store and he told me that he would not pay me on the price we agreed on and proceeded to lecture me about business and markup! :wtf: After accepting his offer of $10 off the agreed price just to get it over with, he looked at the bag, turned it inside out, threw it on the table and walked away! I later emailed him because I was sooo angry for him to waste my time only to get a response saying: "Maybe next time you want to sell a bag, even though it's authentic, you might want to state that the bag was bought in Asia." UMMMMMMM EXCUSE ME???? I had the original receipt of the bag, which states the country in which my dad purchased it for me. I don't know if he was a racist :censor: but I sure did educate him by saying maybe you shouldn't waste people's time if you don't know what you're talking about because yes, there are Louis Vuitton stores in Asia and in fact, Asia gets more Limited Edition items than the US or Canada and that I am glad that I did not sell my bag to a racist! Sorry for the rant but it was bottled up inside of me for so long and I'm sure my boyfriend doesn't want to hear about it again lol.

Feel better! :flowers:

^^ wow another horror story. im so sorry that OP and you had to deal with such people.

im in singapore as well, and i have to say that some of the singaporeans buyers are the worst ive ever had the displeasure of dealing with. ive stopped dealing locally now. too many bad experiences. i still do consign my bags, and im willing to work through ebay or bonanzale but other than that, no thanks.

Last edited:
My hubby always wanted to accompany me when dealing but I always brush him off telling him he is being too paranoid. After seeing all the horror stories here, think next time I better listen to him and let him come along.