Bad Experience at Louis Vuitton

Omg this thread made me laugh out loud!!

People just take things way to personal. It’s like everyone is walking on egg shells and get their feelings hurt...man is a tough world out there.

I tell my kids ‘toughen up kido. It’s a tough world out there’

OP - glad you got your bag. Enjoy!!

Reactions: daisychainz
It looks like OP is a newer member to the forum and probably wasn't expecting all of these crazy responses. Probably scared them away. :sad:
Yeah. It’s too bad. My two cents is she just felt disappointed, as she was hoping for a fun and happy birthday experience. Whether she was right in feeling disappointed (I.e. the SA really was rude and pushy), or wrong in feeling disappointed (I.e. she’s too sensitive and the SA was just doing her job), I think she was just sad that things happened that way and wanted to vent.

I’m glad she found her bag and bought it from a different SA! We all have varying experiences in luxury boutiques (I just had a bad one a Fendi). Don’t feel bad about it! Just enjoy your beautiful bag!

We're all human - SA just might have made a mistake in what she meant to say, sometimes we put our foot in our mouths and its too late to retract what we've blurted out. Personally I would rather be told the truth if something looks crap on me - BUT in respectful terms, a simple "it doesn't suit your frame" or "I don't feel that is a good choice for you, have you tried the __________ bag?" I wouldn't expect a sales person I don't know to comment on the size of my boobs, feet etc as IMO it's just not needed.

People have to get a damn grip. Everything is taken sooooo personal. My dad awhile back dyed his beard and goatee black and looked utterly ridiculous. Like a creepy/weirdo Jack Sparrow or the pirate from Peter Pan!! I told him so and he and I laughed about for weeks lol! He was glad I was truthful about it. It was frightening.

Yes, but that's because it's your dad - there's an established CLOSE relationship. I was once leaving the house and my dad, who never cares about what I toss on, or my makeup or hair or purse of the day, remarked that he thought the romper was too short - fair enough, I turned around and changed into something else. But i would not take a comment like that from a stranger in ANY social setting - how I dress, what I purchase is frankly no stranger's business.

As for discounting male opinions on this thread - my SO is male, has insecurities about his appearance so no, I don't discount male insecurity but that's why I do not comment about his experiences as a male with insecurities because I never experienced it from his perspective. Likewise, I expect the same from men, you don't live as a woman, you don't get to tell women how to feel and not just about pregnancy or periods either.

As for boobs, the problem is that women are so often sexualized, particularly their boobs. Too big, too small, too saggy - we've heard them all. That's why it's "rude" to comment on them, in ANY social setting - unless you know the person well or a comment was requested.

Obviously I wasn’t there so I don’t know what language the SA used (all we have here is OP’s perspective). And you are right: manner would be key. But I don’t find mentioning her big breasts to be a particularly offensive or inappropriate comment. I mean... it’s a fact! If you have big boobs, the crossbody strap is gonna be short. #life.
What if an SA said to a customer: "Those pants are too tight because of your big behind"?
While they could be stating a fact (#life) this would still be a terribly rude - and unneccessary - remark.

But men don't experience the same amount of judgement based on and regarding their bodies.
Sadly, men are being judged more harshly by the younger gen these days. When my DD has friends over and they are talking about guys, they are ruthless when it comes to judging guys' appearances.:shocked: And I read many articles that say that men are feeling more pressure to live up to the images portrayed by the media. I'm sure it's not at the level women are feeling, but I think it's getting there.

But men don't experience the same amount of judgement based on and regarding their bodies.

I agree.

Men do experience it, but not as much as women and not to the harsh degree that women face it.

Women are forced to live up to ((mostly unrealistic)) body standards. They are always shamed for their own assets and the clothing they wear to cover it.

Male privilege is real and it prevents us from experiencing the harshness that women face when it comes to our bodies.

And yes...this is coming from a man...with personal experience, and academic experience in Women’s/Gender/Sex Studies.

Last edited:
Reactions: momtok