Bad Experience at Louis Vuitton

It’s remarkable how off this thread got. All Op wanted to know was how to contact LV to complain about an SA when she didn’t know the name. Lol. That’s it.

True lol.

While I don’t think that the SA meant any harm, saying what they said to OP was a little inappropriate given that they don’t have a close relationship. She could’ve just said “I don’t think this looks right with your body frame, try this!” And then show them a new bag to try.

Reactions: momtok
I agree.

Men do experience it, but not as much as women and not to the harsh degree that women face it.

Women are forced to live up to ((mostly unrealistic)) body standards. They are always shamed for their own assets and the clothing they wear to cover it.

Male privilege is real and it prevents us from experiencing the harshness that women face when it comes to our bodies.

And yes...this is coming from a man...with personal experience, and academic experience in Women’s/Gender/Sex Studies.
I appreciate your point of view but I think ranking the level with which men and women experience body issues is completely unhelpful and only reinforces dated gender roles. We’ve got to move on and recognize that men and women experience pressure to live up to unrealistic standards. The real problem is not men vs. women, it’s the industry forcing these negative standards on everyone. Men are not going to experience what women experience and vice versa. So this arbitrary ranking is unhelpful.

Is it easier to live in this society when you’re a man, white, straight, Christian, good looking, and rich? Yes.

Sadly, men are being judged more harshly by the younger gen these days. When my DD has friends over and they are talking about guys, they are ruthless when it comes to judging guys' appearances.:shocked: And I read many articles that say that men are feeling more pressure to live up to the images portrayed by the media. I'm sure it's not at the level women are feeling, but I think it's getting there.
I must say that I have rarely noticed women around me (older or younger) discussing men's physical traits in a judgemental way. But I agree that there may be more men nowadays than a few decades ago who feel pressured to be "in shape". (On the other hand, most of the men that I know couldn't care less. And they can afford to.)

I must say that I have rarely noticed women around me (older or younger) discussing men's physical traits in a judgemental way. But I agree that there may be more men nowadays than a few decades ago who feel pressured to be "in shape". (On the other hand, most of the men that I know couldn't care less. And they can afford to.)
Yeah. Guys generally don't care as much as women do. I guess I'm surrounded by vain men... especially at the gym LOL. I feel like the men at the gym care more than women.:huh: