Bad experience at Louis Vuitton!

This issue is much more complex than TPF can handle. But I find your comment offensive considering today's economic climate and if you can't figure out why, then I can't help.

I'm certainly not asking for your "help" nor do I need it. You however may want to think beyond your own small world of LV that you know/knew about when you worked there. The economic climate has certainly changed since then. Luxury retailers simply can't afford to hire indifferent SA's and expect a good outcome.
That's my final word on this topic, nothing else to add.

I'm certainly not asking for your "help" nor do I need it. You however may want to think beyond your own small world of LV that you know/knew about when you worked there. The economic climate has certainly changed since then. Luxury retailers simply can't afford to hire indifferent SA's and expect a good outcome.
That's my final word on this topic, nothing else to add.
Haha wow - you are going on my ignore list.
I was dead on: privilege.

What a sad commentary you make of some LV SA's......years ago when I worked for Nordstrom I can assure you that any sales associate who didn't bother to educate themselves on the product they were selling just didn't stick around for very long.
It was an expected part of the job and customer service was everything! If I'm a potential LV customer walking in off the street to perhaps purchase something new and can't count on the SA to inform me of the product then why are they even there?
Your comment is discouraging regarding the brand and I fully know that SA's like that exist in every brand, but they really shouldn't. They should move on and find a job they really feel passionate about.

You're expecting way too much of the SAs, and seriously, not everyone has the privilege of "move on, and find a job they feel passionate about". I'm more fortunate than most that I had/have that privilege, but I've known a ton people here in NYC that have to rely on these "jobs" that I'm sure they didn't dream of doing when they were 5, simply because they've got to pay the rent and the bills somehow. You're criticizing @fabuleux of living in his own small world of LV but in fact, you're the one that is out of touch with reality.

You're expecting way too much of the SAs, and seriously, not everyone has the privilege of "move on, and find a job they feel passionate about". I'm more fortunate than most that I had/have that privilege, but I've known a ton people here in NYC that have to rely on these "jobs" that I'm sure they didn't dream of doing when they were 5, simply because they've got to pay the rent and the bills somehow. You're criticizing @fabuleux of living in his own small world of LV but in fact, you're the one that is out of touch with reality.

You're not actually understanding my point which is simply that when you take on a job (any job) to just do the best you can with it. It doesn't have to be your dream job but it's important to take pride in it and learn about your product.
Some of the instances that I hear about re: LV service in their stores (Fabuleux's SA included) certainly aren't ones that a customer would expect from a luxury retailer.
I've had exceptional service from employees at many other lower end retailers.
Guess my expectations are too high but when one is thinking of spending big $$$$ on an item then the service/product knowledge should be expected with that high price tag.

Retailers that understand service know to hire helpful/nice people who they know can learn about the product, and not to just hire people who don't seem to care but merely want a job.....any job. Nice people go on to learn about their product and to please their customers, others just care about a paycheck and not so much about the customer.

hi i have a question. i bought the jersey two days ago. i specifically asked for a brand new bag that has not been shown on the floor. it was an argument for me to get a brand new that had not been shown. they said that they did not have any in the back and that they are not 100% certain this had not been shown. i want to know is this normal.plz let me know of your experiences with this. has anyone demanded a new bag and gotten it. has anyone bought a bag out of the drawers that could possibly be shown. or am i making a mountain out of a mohill. thanks

hi i have a question. i bought the jersey two days ago. i specifically asked for a brand new bag that has not been shown on the floor. it was an argument for me to get a brand new that had not been shown. they said that they did not have any in the back and that they are not 100% certain this had not been shown. i want to know is this normal.plz let me know of your experiences with this. has anyone demanded a new bag and gotten it. has anyone bought a bag out of the drawers that could possibly be shown. or am i making a mountain out of a mohill. thanks

Personally it wouldn't bother me because you have the perfect opportunity to inspect the bag to your hearts content before paying and leaving the store. In the event you DO find something wrong with the bag then maybe they would 'miraculously' find one in the back or order one in for you. I think many stories that we read on these forums re: great customer service stem from the fact that many have an ongoing relationship with an SA who aims to please their longtime customer.

Personally it wouldn't bother me because you have the perfect opportunity to inspect the bag to your hearts content before paying and leaving the store. In the event you DO find something wrong with the bag then maybe they would 'miraculously' find one in the back or order one in for you. I think many stories that we read on these forums re: great customer service stem from the fact that many have an ongoing relationship with an SA who aims to please their longtime customer.
hi. thanks for your response. i wanted to know when you yourself went into the lv store to buy. where did the sa get your item was it from the drawer, ordered, in the back,etc. did you ask for a untouched bag, etc

I don't know anything about business marketing but i will take the privilage to say my very own opinion here.
LV management should provide SA's an information meeting regulary in working hour, when new products is coming in market. In that way, they can provide a much better service to us. Sorry for my english:biggrin:
I agree! It's been so frustrating calling only to have them not know anything about the newly released items. I chatted the other day about the sperone bb and gave the item number from another countries website since they are universal and he told me I need to order there. Explained since it wasn't in the US site that is how I got the item number but I am in the USA. He then said if it's not on the site they don't have it...when i called I had to explain that I saw the sperone bb in a store but she seemed unaware of the item. I don't understand how they can not know about new items being released. I feel like most of the time I am educating them about their items. I also told her about the new saint Michel being released since she seemed not to know about that either....they should have a book or something that shows when and what is being released..

yes to this! having an SA really does make the experience more pleasurable and easy.

Yeah......I sort of noticed after I posted how old the posts I was responding to were. Lol when I went to the KOP store last month I went on a Wednesday around lunchtime (or slightly after) and it wasn't that busy. I think I would normally come in at similar times jut because I work about 5 min from there and it is just more convenient than driving back on a weekend. Good to hear you have had a good experience. Do you mind sharing what SAs you work with?

Sorry for the delayed response...busy couple days. Absolutely, my regular SA is Sharnese but if she's not there I'll look for Mounir. He helped when I took a friend who was shopping for a gift and also last month when I got my Keepall. They are essentially my go to's. There's also another girl (I think her name is Rachel who is super sweet) and another guy who used to be at the AC store who's now at KOP (also very nice/not pushy). I had met him years ago at the AC store but can't remember his name.

Sorry for the delayed response...busy couple days. Absolutely, my regular SA is Sharnese but if she's not there I'll look for Mounir. He helped when I took a friend who was shopping for a gift and also last month when I got my Keepall. They are essentially my go to's. There's also another girl (I think her name is Rachel who is super sweet) and another guy who used to be at the AC store who's now at KOP (also very nice/not pushy). I had met him years ago at the AC store but can't remember his name.
Thank you! I really appreciate it. It's always good to know who would be good to work with now that I am considering doing more shopping "locally".

I'm the OP. I will say this: after that experience several years ago I never purchased anything from LV again. I gave most of my LV items away. The only items I kept was a classic LV tote and my beloved Stephen Sprouse graffiti collection scarves. I know it's a luxury brand that many people admire and I do hope in recent years their shopping experience was better than mine.