Bad experience at Louis Vuitton!

went to the 5th ave. store last year to drop off my NF DE for hot stamping and also picking up a bag for my mom. my sister and i waited for a good while before getting helped. when a male SA finally approached us, we asked to see a Mono bag, he just said rudely "i don't show that bag, you will have to go over there." and pointed to me to another direction. well dang, i guess it's too much trouble for you to get the bag, show it to us, and earn your commission. we went to the other counter and someone helped us instead.

my first experience buying at the 5th ave. store was good tho, Crystal M. offered her help and was very kind. the second time shopping for myself, i went to the SoHo store, much less crowded (it was nearly empty in there), my SA Chris L. was attentive (someone else wanted his help, he turned her down and asked his colleague to help her instead) and offered water to us. IMO, the SoHo store is a better experience, less crowded, more relaxed, and one-on-one service.

seeing from everyone's experience, i feel bad that we shouldn't have to pray and wish for a good SA, afterall, good customer service is good business, and i would only hold luxury brands to even higher standards.

went to the 5th ave. store last year to drop off my NF DE for hot stamping and also picking up a bag for my mom. my sister and i waited for a good while before getting helped. when a male SA finally approached us, we asked to see a Mono bag, he just said rudely "i don't show that bag, you will have to go over there." and pointed to me to another direction. well dang, i guess it's too much trouble for you to get the bag, show it to us, and earn your commission. we went to the other counter and someone helped us instead.

my first experience buying at the 5th ave. store was good tho, Crystal M. offered her help and was very kind. the second time shopping for myself, i went to the SoHo store, much less crowded (it was nearly empty in there), my SA Chris L. was attentive (someone else wanted his help, he turned her down and asked his colleague to help her instead) and offered water to us. IMO, the SoHo store is a better experience, less crowded, more relaxed, and one-on-one service.

seeing from everyone's experience, i feel bad that we shouldn't have to pray and wish for a good SA, afterall, good customer service is good business, and i would only hold luxury brands to even higher standards.

5th avenue is full of snobs and that's why I prefer smaller shops.

I promised myself never to shop at Kop Louis Vuitton anymore. the sales associates are always polite to me but they try to force pieces on you. Even with flaws, the associate told me I should just buy it if I like it and the flaws shouldn't matter. He even said that he purchased a wallet with scratches on the outside and the problems with what I was looking at was on the inside! If I'm spending thousands of dollars on luxury goods shouldn't there be some standards! It makes me so upset that they will say anything just to make a sale.
In the past they have even tried to make me hold on to a bag longer by telling me to keep it for a while to see how I feel about it, just so that it would pass the 14 day return period. I'm much better off driving to another location.

I promised myself never to shop at Kop Louis Vuitton anymore. the sales associates are always polite to me but they try to force pieces on you. Even with flaws, the associate told me I should just buy it if I like it and the flaws shouldn't matter. He even said that he purchased a wallet with scratches on the outside and the problems with what I was looking at was on the inside! If I'm spending thousands of dollars on luxury goods shouldn't there be some standards! It makes me so upset that they will say anything just to make a sale.
In the past they have even tried to make me hold on to a bag longer by telling me to keep it for a while to see how I feel about it, just so that it would pass the 14 day return period. I'm much better off driving to another location.
I've noticed that since LV introduced the commission for its SAs that they've become a lot more pushier which, IMHO, is a major turnoff when it comes to shopping. The customer service was hit or miss before, unless you were lucky to have an amazing SA or a really well-managed store, but this isn't really helping as much as the company wanted it to:doh:

Apart from the rude store manager of the Northpark / Dallas store (I don't get it frankly), I have yet to experience bad customer service. The thing that makes me a bit frustrated is that I often know a lot more about the current product range than the SAs do. That's understandable though. First, I am a long-time fan of the brand. I also stay informed through my SA and forums. Finally, for many SAs, there is a lot of other things to do than learn about new collections and so on and so forth. Their day is busy enough. Many employees don't give a crap whether they sell Louis Vuitton or bread rolls, and I get it: it's just a job to pay the bills. :smile: My SA, who is awesome and has been helping me for years, flat out told me one day that he hates 99% of the products sold by LV!

Last week I went to Louis Vuitton in King of Prussa Mall in PA to purchase the inclusion bracelet. I've been lusting after the bracelet for some time now and decided to take the plunge. And so I did.
When she returned a few minutes later she told me they couldn't return the bracelet b/c it's not in the condition they would sell it in!
SOOO MAD right now!!

wel wel wel, this is the same experience with me....
i bought a sarah wallet in LV king of prussia couple weeks ago, .............I never going back to LV in KOP no more.

One of my friends had a very bad experience at that store last week too!!! WTH!!!
the main manager is not very helpful.I never shop there anymore.I prefer my SAks LV.KOp won't get my business

WOW!!! I'm so glad I happened on this thread. The LV at the King of Prussia mall is technically my "local" LV boutique. (45 min from my house...but only 5 min from where I work) But, I've only ever shopped there once about a month ago (got my Duomo cross body, passport cover, mini pochette and a charm there......fortunately all in great condition). I usually buy when I am traveling in Vegas or in Europe somewhere. I was just thinking I might actually want to start buying locally more often. Where else do you ladies shop?? What other "local" options are there in the KOP region (I'm actually north of there in the Collegeville area).

I, too, have had issues with the KOP Louis Vuitton. ..............I will literally be pulling bags off the shelves, inspecting them, and really thinking about which one I'd like, and the associates will not help me. I end up feeling terrible when I have to ask for help and they still look down their noses at me. "How much is this one?" I asked about one because I'd forgotten if it was 1400 or 1500. "It's inside the bag," the snotty associate said and walked away from me. "I doubt you can afford it," she told me.

I continue to be astounded about these reports of the KOP store and I am realizing just how LUCKY I got with that one time I went there last month. I am soon sorry to hear that they treated you this way. Completely uncalled for!!

I am definitely not going back after hearing all of this. Guess i will be continuing to buy when I am traveling for work! Glad I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks... LOL

I continue to be astounded about these reports of the KOP store and I am realizing just how LUCKY I got with that one time I went there last month. I am soon sorry to hear that they treated you this way. Completely uncalled for!!

I am definitely not going back after hearing all of this. Guess i will be continuing to buy when I am traveling for work! Glad I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks... LOL

I think some of the comments in this thread are from quite a while ago? Years ago at the old location I had a bad experience with someone who no longer works at KOP but there are good and helpful SA's at the KOP store. I'm 76 miles from KOP (although like you I've gotten quite a few pieces while traveling) but consider it my main store and do have an SA (and an alternate)I prefer to work with.

I will say I think it's best to go either during the week or first thing when they open because I've seen it get very busy during weekends in the middle of the day. I observed this again this past weekend. I was in first thing to pick up a reserved item then by the time we went back to pick up a hot stamped item hubby was getting done it was much busier.

I think some of the comments in this thread are from quite a while ago? Years ago at the old location I had a bad experience with someone who no longer works at KOP but there are good and helpful SA's at the KOP store. I'm 76 miles from KOP (although like you I've gotten quite a few pieces while traveling) but consider it my main store and do have an SA (and an alternate)I prefer to work with.

I will say I think it's best to go either during the week or first thing when they open because I've seen it get very busy during weekends in the middle of the day. I observed this again this past weekend. I was in first thing to pick up a reserved item then by the time we went back to pick up a hot stamped item hubby was getting done it was much busier.
Yeah......I sort of noticed after I posted how old the posts I was responding to were. Lol when I went to the KOP store last month I went on a Wednesday around lunchtime (or slightly after) and it wasn't that busy. I think I would normally come in at similar times jut because I work about 5 min from there and it is just more convenient than driving back on a weekend. Good to hear you have had a good experience. Do you mind sharing what SAs you work with?

Apart from the rude store manager of the Northpark / Dallas store (I don't get it frankly), I have yet to experience bad customer service. The thing that makes me a bit frustrated is that I often know a lot more about the current product range than the SAs do. That's understandable though. First, I am a long-time fan of the brand. I also stay informed through my SA and forums. Finally, for many SAs, there is a lot of other things to do than learn about new collections and so on and so forth. Their day is busy enough. Many employees don't give a crap whether they sell Louis Vuitton or bread rolls, and I get it: it's just a job to pay the bills. :smile: My SA, who is awesome and has been helping me for years, flat out told me one day that he hates 99% of the products sold by LV!

What a sad commentary you make of some LV SA's......years ago when I worked for Nordstrom I can assure you that any sales associate who didn't bother to educate themselves on the product they were selling just didn't stick around for very long.
It was an expected part of the job and customer service was everything! If I'm a potential LV customer walking in off the street to perhaps purchase something new and can't count on the SA to inform me of the product then why are they even there?
Your comment is discouraging regarding the brand and I fully know that SA's like that exist in every brand, but they really shouldn't. They should move on and find a job they really feel passionate about.

What a sad commentary you make of some LV SA's......years ago when I worked for Nordstrom I can assure you that any sales associate who didn't bother to educate themselves on the product they were selling just didn't stick around for very long.
It was an expected part of the job and customer service was everything! If I'm a potential LV customer walking in off the street to perhaps purchase something new and can't count on the SA to inform me of the product then why are they even there?
Your comment is discouraging regarding the brand and I fully know that SA's like that exist in every brand, but they really shouldn't. They should move on and find a job they really feel passionate about.
It's a job... many people don't have the luxury to be "passionate" about their employment... they just need to pay bills.

It's a job... many people don't have the luxury to be "passionate" about their employment... they just need to pay bills.

Why don't they have the 'luxury' to be passionate, re: interested in the very job they applied for? Why apply for a job you're not interested in?
I've never once applied for a job that I wasn't truly interested in doing. Especially in a high end retailer such as LV, what a disservice to your customers.

Reactions: jillyfish108
Why don't they have the 'luxury' to be passionate, re: interested in the very job they applied for? Why apply for a job you're not interested in?
I've never once applied for a job that I wasn't truly interested in doing. Especially in a high end retailer such as LV, what a disservice to your customers.
WOW
You are showing your economic privilege here. I am stunned.

WOW
You are showing your economic privilege here. I am stunned.

Sorry but you'll need to explain that comment. "Economic priviledge"? These are folks who have the means to dress for a job at LV, to transport themselves to a job at LV, etc.
Your point? And btw, you have no idea at all about my "economic privelege" and where it falls in the grand scheme of things.
I don't care if one is applying for a job at LV or a job at McDonald's. My point is that they should care enough about their job to put their best face forward in doing so. Since when is that wrong?

Reactions: its_me_inii
Sorry but you'll need to explain that comment. "Economic priviledge"? These are folks who have the means to dress for a job at LV, to transport themselves to a job at LV, etc.
Your point? And btw, you have no idea at all about my "economic privelege" and where it falls in the grand scheme of things.
I don't care if one is applying for a job at LV or a job at McDonald's. My point is that they should care enough about their job to put their best face forward in doing so. Since when is that wrong?
This issue is much more complex than TPF can handle. But I find your comment offensive considering today's economic climate and if you can't figure out why, then I can't help.